Is It Just Me? Or...

ppeetteerr11
1041 posts Professional
Is anyone else not enjoying this fifa as much as they usually do? It doesn’t feel like a soccer game anymore, rather who can abuse the crap out of broken game mechanics. Ping pong passing then first time finesse is being used and abused beyond imagination (with all the other mechanics that are utterly trash) doesn’t even make it look or seem as if you’re playing football at all. Before those who actually understood the game IRL can replicate it (to an extent) in fifa and succeed against an average person with little to no IQ about the game of football. Sure, some can just learn the controls and be decent but god damn the amount of trash people you come up against that just abuse mechanics and “meta” ishh in the game have absolutely destroyed the game. Wtf is this **** I’m playing?!

Comments

• Delboy13710
    4720 posts National Call-Up
    It’s a arcade game now not a football sim . Fifa 20 the ball will have flames when you hit a green finesse shot .
    Usually you can find a way to play your own game but it’s so hard this year . The AI blocks everything and to top it off you got people controlling the keeper
  • ppeetteerr11
    1041 posts Professional
    It’s a arcade game now not a football sim . Fifa 20 the ball will have flames when you hit a green finesse shot .
    Usually you can find a way to play your own game but it’s so hard this year . The AI blocks everything and to top it off you got people controlling the keeper

I don’t like the direction it’s heading in then if they’re aiming to make it more arcade like. I like realism not scrubs that watch YouTube videos to learn how to abuse mechanics.
  • HishamAyman
    2851 posts National Call-Up
    I dont enjoy it at all, I almost never finished my WL games
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    I’m enjoying my team at the moment. I just try to score goals with build up plays plus skills moves going into the box.

It’s so obvious that everyone is just trying to cut to the centre with the inverted wingers to finesse that it’s so predictable. I enjoy stopping those as well
  • Snapzs
    389 posts Sunday League Hero
    Fifa 20 the ball will have flames when you hit a green finesse shot .

xD

Me gusta o_o
  • Clancy
    7734 posts League Winner
    If my fitness card sales are anything to go by, there has been a large drop off in people playing matches since christmas

usually the cards sell in line with when people are playing but they're basically dead now hard to make any coins. Maybe it's all the free cards and everyone has a fitness squad now, but this didn't happen in previous years until after the first couple TOTS releases. Could be that people are getting tired of the game sooner this year
  • i enjoy it when i have a good connection, but when i dont this garbage is unplayable... last week was very good, but since tuesday it has been utter **** for me, cant play divisions ive lost like 10 in a row with worst players than me. I dont know why but the connection is terrible now, i can tell just by pressing L1 when im defending, players take forever to switch.
  • Mmandras
    1766 posts Play-Off Hero
    It's honestly starting to feel like work. A bad one, where you get abused and payed really bad.

Yesterday, after a really bad day and 3 hour travel from work through a blizzard that paralized the traffic, I played my first WL game until servers failure, and it felt immediately like a different game. Slow turning and passing, opponent sitting deep, spamming long balls and playing like his life depended on it, abusing AI so well. It dragged into overtime, my girl asked 3 times if it's over yet. I'm sitting there, thinking do I really want 29 more of this bloody torture. I won that game, but lost a little more hope. There are other games to play, shows to watch, and stuff like other people that I'm mostly trying to avoid by playing Fifa. But I'm going to correct good old Sartre: hell is other people and Fifa WL.

So when do we get the latest patch that won't do anything?
  • I dont enjoy it at all, I almost never finished my WL games

likewise. played only 5 till now of the current one. honestly not feeling like playing. topping all the misery is the server lags. it's unbelievably painful this wk.
  • Dazzler
    1846 posts Play-Off Hero
    This week didn’t even bother redeeming weekend qualification.

Haven’t bothered doing all the futswap objectives and moved onto other PS4 games.

This is a first for me. Don’t get me wrong I will still play but EA gameplay are slowly turning me against the franchise and I expect a lot less time to be devoted to fifa.
  • HishamAyman
    2851 posts National Call-Up
    Dazzler wrote: »

Haven’t bothered doing all the futswap objectives and moved onto other PS4 games.

This is a first for me. Don’t get me wrong I will still play but EA gameplay are slowly turning me against the franchise and I expect a lot less time to be devoted to fifa.

I really wish people start realizing this and going in the same path
  • Deviladvent
    431 posts Sunday League Hero
    Is anyone else not enjoying this fifa as much as they usually do? It doesn’t feel like a soccer game anymore, rather who can abuse the crap out of broken game mechanics. Ping pong passing then first time finesse is being used and abused beyond imagination (with all the other mechanics that are utterly trash) doesn’t even make it look or seem as if you’re playing football at all. Before those who actually understood the game IRL can replicate it (to an extent) in fifa and succeed against an average person with little to no IQ about the game of football. Sure, some can just learn the controls and be decent but god damn the amount of trash people you come up against that just abuse mechanics and “meta” ishh in the game have absolutely destroyed the game. Wtf is this **** I’m playing?!

yeah :) i do get more pain and vendetta ! so once its apocalypse we raid Vancouver !! FOR THE RESISTANCE !! we will find them all !
  • John_Barnes
    1227 posts Professional

Spot on with every point.

It’s not as good as previous versions (11-15). The down trend started with you tubers and broken mechanics. It’s just a total “meta” fest every game.

Even an average joe (with a 10m team which is now standard) can beat a good player that doesn’t abuse the mechanics.

My other bug bare is these outrageous cards that have in effect replaced icons. Not being funny but if **** Vinicius Jr lives up wipe George Bests ring I’d be amazed
  • Mmandras
    1766 posts Play-Off Hero
    EA doesn't think that Junior will be better than Best, they just needed one big special card promo to fill the calendar between TOTY and TOTS. And new promotion is always a good thing. It's not the real issue here when they are doing decent if not very good job content wise (minus some SBC slips here and there, and overall not using the 200 icon potential).

And also, GK move and timed finesse looked fine on paper. You wanted skill gap, well here it is. And you can abuse almost any mechanic. We know that and EA knows it. Players who are better adapted to it will always be called abusers. Perfect system is impossible. People abuse everything even laws in real life. Adaptibility is our main evolutionary trait, that's how we survived harsh winters and wild beasts. We abused our brain power.

I have a problem with slow and bad quality WL gameplay, that's supposedly caused by inadequate server infrastructure. And I think that EA will have to review reward policy and incredible ammount of effort in short time, 30 is better than 40 but it's still way too much. They are going in the good direction, though. Much easier to qualify, better rewards...
  • BernaLeo87
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dazzler wrote: »

• King_Boontai
    2072 posts Fans' Favourite
    Its terrible, first time this fifa i have considered deleting my club. But i think of r9 and cruyff and remember i have my club geared up for them so don't do it.
  • Ishibum
    12256 posts Has That Special Something
    I have probably the best team I've ever had at this stage of a FIFA and I am close to being totally done with the game. Not enjoying WL and hating rivals.
  • JPRM71
    2317 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wish Fifa dev team would stop ping pong passes. It’s been ruining every Fifa online since I can remember. The same diagonal ping pong through the middle of the park to the striker is just not realistic 25 times in 12 minutes of simulated football. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to code a major error after the 3rd ping pong pass is attempted.
  • ppeetteerr11
    1041 posts Professional
    JPRM71 wrote: »
    I wish Fifa dev team would stop ping pong passes. It’s been ruining every Fifa online since I can remember. The same diagonal ping pong through the middle of the park to the striker is just not realistic 25 times in 12 minutes of simulated football. I’m sure it wouldn’t be too hard to code a major error after the 3rd ping pong pass is attempted.

Lol play ends with the most unrealistic body twisted first time finesse shot that goes in from 35 yards out and you can’t do anything about it.

Even with the patch that’s set to come out soon, I have my doubts of it fixing anything. Just yellow times shots will miss more often, watch.
  • Same here mate. I thought after last year they'd have gotten used to the icon demands. But it's looking like we'll have to wait til' march or april again for the desireable ones.
  • xFATAL
    4037 posts National Call-Up
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I have probably the best team I've ever had at this stage of a FIFA and I am close to being totally done with the game. Not enjoying WL and hating rivals.

I'm just taking a break now (From playing) and just trade in my downtime at work and play other games at home. Fifa is just too competitive now and gameplay is so poor I can't commit 100% of my time to it especially on the weekends. They really need to restructure this gamemode, I think alot of people are getting burned out on it with the current state of the game. They need to bring the fun back to fifa instead of making it so serious and toxic.