FIFA 19 - Data Reviewers

EA_Andy
2401 posts EA Community Manager
m6r6vnbw3l62.jpg

We're looking for football experts from around the world to become Data Reviewers and help contribute to the FIFA 19 database!

If this is something that interests you, register your interest at http://fifa-talentscout.ea.com

Most of the info should be available on the site for any questions you may have but if there's anything additional leave it below and we'll look into trying to get an answer.

Comments

• Whitebeard
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    Quite amazing that EA is doing this. Hopefully community involvement improves the game.
  • TeamExtreme17
    1289 posts Professional
    Whitebeard wrote: »
    Quite amazing that EA is doing this. Hopefully community involvement improves the game.

They've always done it..
  • Whitebeard
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    Whitebeard wrote: »

They've always done it..

Really? I never knew. First time seeing it on forums too.
    I just assumed they hired people outside of the FIFA community.
  • Royvd
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I just got turned down for offering to do reviews for Serie A (Roma, Sampdoria, Atalanta, Sassuolo, Parma) and the Dutch Eredivisie. Really don't know what is going on as Serie A is horribly outdated for most squads - same goes for Eredivisie. EA's comment to my extensive motivation: we already have plenty of reviewers... Really EA? Why don't we get to see that in updates of smaller teams in these leagues?? I concretely pointed out a number of players who have completely generic stats as well as references to players with a similar play style and/or skill level to relate to. I honestly wanted to help.. So this is what I get? @EA_Andy
  • Hjelmis
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Royvd wrote: »
    I just got turned down for offering to do reviews for Serie A (Roma, Sampdoria, Atalanta, Sassuolo, Parma) and the Dutch Eredivisie. Really don't know what is going on as Serie A is horribly outdated for most squads - same goes for Eredivisie. EA's comment to my extensive motivation: we already have plenty of reviewers... Really EA? Why don't we get to see that in updates of smaller teams in these leagues?? I concretely pointed out a number of players who have completely generic stats as well as references to players with a similar play style and/or skill level to relate to. I honestly wanted to help.. So this is what I get? @EA_Andy

Dude.. you never been a reviewer before and you want to review Roma and then Get pissed for being rejected. Try a Calcio B club or your local club if it’s in FIFA
  • Royvd
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hjelmis wrote: »
    Royvd wrote: »

Dude.. you never been a reviewer before and you want to review Roma and then Get pissed for being rejected. Try a Calcio B club or your local club if it’s in FIFA

Sorry if this came across wrong, I am a fan of Roma and watch all their matches hence in my view I can provide useful insights in Serie A stats. As I mentioned I noted a number of clear cases of players with generic or outdated stats - not only for Roma players but for a number of players from smaller teams as well. You make it seem like I am some fanboy but I honestly would like to see realistic stats to reflect player qualities and playing styles. I have never been a FIFA reviewer but have +5 years experience building well respected stats sets for 'the other game', mostly of lesser known players.
  • EA_Andy
    2401 posts EA Community Manager
    @Royvd - Sorry to hear that.

I would imagine that the bigger teams already have a lot of reviewers so it might be harder to become a data reviewer for those.

I was actually speaking to one of the producers who works on FIFA and they said their first affiliation with EA was becoming a data reviewer and that they weren't successful the first time they applied - so you never know. Try again in the future and see what happens.
  • I've been having problems recently with 91 rated Petr Cech. His does not live up to his stats one bit. Granted, im not the best FIFA player, I think its safe to say that Ederson would be a better than 91 Cech. His reaction time is horrible, his only good use is to boost your rating up. Im not the only player having issues with Cech and I think that me and everybody else have good reason to be disappointed with his 91 rated cards performance. It would be great if something could be done for Petr Cech so he can actually function as well as his stats say he does.