FB Rooney at CM?

uhMaZiiNq
11278 posts Has That Special Something
Thinking about doing him to link with Ibra but the cost has me very unsure. Since he’s M/H work rates I can’t imagine he would be ideal up top but was thinking of switching to 41212(2) and using him at RCM if I were to grab him. Reckon he’s worth getting or don’t bother? Not sure if anyone has tried him in the midfield yet

Comments

• Carswell
    8168 posts League Winner
    Honestly he would probably be awesome there albeit possibly wasted.
  • Keano
    12661 posts Has That Special Something
    Using him as a cam 3 games 5 goals 1 assist.

Obviously cant do a prope review atm but between him, fb ibra, prime best and futmas rashford they all link up well and im going into WL optimistic... untill the bs strikes
  • Pauldejong6
    6720 posts Big Money Move
    Keano wrote: »

Obviously cant do a prope review atm but between him, fb ibra, prime best and futmas rashford they all link up well and im going into WL optimistic... untill the bs strikes

Aren't his m/h workrates annoying in game?
  • Keano

Aren't his m/h workrates annoying in game?

Not that ive seen, rather than being at cam he can end up more like a cm, he rarely goes into the cdm position where my other two lie so id say he doesnt really come back. I use him for doing 1-2’s with zlatan or laying it off to my ram/lam and then bursting forwards. He does well, his burst of pace you cant explain till you see it i think its great, the combination of strength and pace when someones trying to hold him up etc
  • MisterJV
    10773 posts Has That Special Something
    better options , save the 300k
  • Mr. Soper
    2553 posts Fans' Favourite
    Did him with my untradables. But I don't know where to play him now
  • Keano
    Mr. Soper wrote: »
    Did him with my untradables. But I don't know where to play him now

He can go st, cam, cm, or cdm.... can even play him at lm/rm on less chem due to his already great stats.
  • Absting159
    6657 posts Moderator
    That link to Ibra is the big thing for me. I run the 4-2-3-1 wide and narrow so he's perfect for CAM.

300k seems alot though. Especially considering Ibra is higher rated, a better all around card. . .just not english and he was what, 100k?
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Absting159 wrote: »
    That link to Ibra is the big thing for me. I run the 4-2-3-1 wide and narrow so he's perfect for CAM.

300k seems alot though. Especially considering Ibra is higher rated, a better all around card. . .just not english and he was what, 100k?

I’m thinking 300k is a bit much too. If he was 150-180k pre packs like ibra was I would feel much better about it.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    edited January 25
    Absting159 wrote: »

I have 87 Zola currently to link with Ibra and I would probably be keeping him anyways but it would give the option to not have to use an icon. I guess it comes down to in a couple months will I even want to be starting ibra? It’s a lot of coins to sink when I don’t have a ton to begin with but his stats do look pretty insane for a CM

Didn’t mean to double quote this
  • Monsta
    1794 posts Play-Off Hero
    I'm planning on using him CDM this WL, I wouldn't say he's bad value, only that Ibra was just such good value.

Any card that has 4 90+ stats on their card after chem styles is easily worth 300k.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Monsta wrote: »
    I'm planning on using him CDM this WL, I wouldn't say he's bad value, only that Ibra was just such good value.

Any card that has 4 90+ stats on their card after chem styles is easily worth 300k.

I would say get back to me on that but pretty sure the sbc doesn’t even last the weekend
  • RainMan
    44 posts Park Captain
    i switch between 41212(2) and 442, rooney has been fantastic at both RM, and CM
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20281 posts Club Captain

Aka matchmaking catches up and shows you your level :trollface:
  • Keano

About right 😂 but since theres a dodgey bounce near the corner flag and he scores 20 minutes later i’ll moan fifa bs :trollface:
  • uhMaZiiNq

You considering this Rooney to go with ibra or no need?
  • ORANGEeffect05
    20281 posts Club Captain

About right 😂 but since theres a dodgey bounce near the corner flag and he scores 20 minutes later i’ll moan fifa bs :trollface:

:joy: man knows
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »

Nah got too many untradeables to fit in as it is
  • uhMaZiiNq

:joy: man knows
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »

Nah got too many untradeables to fit in as it is

Feel like I should probably stay away from this one and keep saving my coins. No untradables to help with the cost for me
  • o0OainavO0o
    2163 posts Fans' Favourite
    70 ish stamina, nope. Unless you sub him on, nope.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    70 ish stamina, nope. Unless you sub him on, nope.

That’s my biggest issue with the card. Especially with playing CM in mind
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3908 posts National Call-Up
    @Keano what team u got him in?
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    Stamina hasn’t been an issue lads and I know I overuse the sprint button.
  • MAAD TITAN
    60 posts Park Captain
    BiigDee wrote: »
    Stamina hasn’t been an issue lads and I know I overuse the sprint button.
    Had him go OT without a problem. Having fun with him already!
  • Tof33z
    6270 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 25
    His tackling stats are miserable. He's no good if you need your cm to do anything other than run forward and shoot.

His work rates seem to not affect him at all at cam or St, for me anyway. Just put stay forward on if it bothers you
  • Monsta
    1794 posts Play-Off Hero
    I may try him as a CAM instead of a CDM next time I'm playing, I don't think it's his defensive stats that are bothering me because I use Kovacic there no problem it must be his work rates combined with the stamina.
  • Cantona84
    7498 posts League Winner
    Tof33z wrote: »
    His tackling stats are miserable. He's no good if you need your cm to do anything other than run forward and shoot.

His work rates seem to not affect him at all at cam or St, for me anyway. Just put stay forward on if it bothers you

Is he good though??
  • Tsarov
    3204 posts National Call-Up
    Ibra can has a low stamina due to his M/L workrates. At the same time low stamina in case of Rooney can be a huge con. M/H and 74 stamina is not the greatest combo. Especially when you will be using him as your CM. He will be out of stamina in 60 min.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    26031 posts Player of the Year
    Why have you just started and got more coins than me?
  • CovLee_Candice
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    Petition to make him med/med or med/low
  • Tof33z
    6270 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 25
    Cantona84 wrote: »
    Tof33z wrote: »

Is he good though??

seems decent, at CAM or ST, his passing is really on point and general finishing and also heading too, seeing as he's not the tallest - he does the back post headers well. Doesn't really feel fast like 90+ though - I've not enough games with him yet to be sure