Any FB Rooney Reviews?

Safk001
866 posts Semi-Pro
edited January 2019
I’m undecided whether to do him or not, anyone have him and want to do a review, feel free.

Comments

• MUFC_420
    2487 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can't see there being too many that have completed it as EA have completely overpriced it.
  • BiigDee
    4687 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    My gameplay was poor so managed to stick out 3 games, only scored 2. At Cam I’m the first he was never up top. Started him at CM and he’s decent but stamina drained, put him back to CAM and he scores lol. Good on the ball, strong, quick and hell of a shot. I just can’t believe they have given a Prime Rooney same Workrates as he is now. Ruined it for me and if I had checked I wouldn’t have done him
  • Guillotine_Mack
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crap, he's knackered by half time.
  • jonkero
    6704 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah lol he's expensive. And that with that stamina. Chose to do Davies instead. Brought him in as a sub few games and he is amazing!
  • BiigDee
    4687 posts Big Money Move
    Stamina wasn’t an issue for me, completed all 3 games and weren’t in the red.
  • Murphdogz
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero
    He has more stamina than ibra.he also more clinical than ibra.even his bog standard 80 rated is lethal.play him as a striker.he is a weapon
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Murphdogz wrote: »
    He has more stamina than ibra.he also more clinical than ibra.even his bog standard 80 rated is lethal.play him as a striker.he is a weapon

Would he keep dropping back to midfield because of his work rates?
  • Boysie91
    11321 posts Has That Special Something
    3 games 2 goals 2 assists at RCM in 41212. Enjoying him so far and stamina not a issue for me either.
  • MUFC_420
    2487 posts Fans' Favourite

Ibra has better work rates to compensate for the stamina though. And I highly doubt he's more clinical than FB Ibra as Ibra doesn't miss :D
  • Jrutts
    770 posts Professional
    Anyone know what traits or specialities he has?
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Jrutts wrote: »

Just checked and none. (AI only)
  • Jrutts
    770 posts Professional
    Safk001 wrote: »
    Jrutts wrote: »

Just checked and none. (AI only)

Wow seriously? On a 90 rated card that’s nuts!
  • Safk001
    866 posts Semi-Pro
    Well I read what you all said, ignored it 😂 and did him anyway and packed IF Modric so even if Rooney turns out to be pants I’m 50k up and have a 90 rated SBC fodder card.

I’ll stick a review on myself in case anyone else is thinking of doing him (that’s if my heads not mashed with spending the next 2hours messing around with Chemistry) 😂

Seriously though, thanks for your input and keep the reviews coming in case anyone else is undecided.
  • alvchong
    1574 posts Play-Off Hero
    Safk001 wrote: »
    Well I read what you all said, ignored it 😂 and did him anyway and packed IF Modric so even if Rooney turns out to be pants I’m 50k up and have a 90 rated SBC fodder card.

I’ll stick a review on myself in case anyone else is thinking of doing him (that’s if my heads not mashed with spending the next 2hours messing around with Chemistry) 😂

Seriously though, thanks for your input and keep the reviews coming in case anyone else is undecided.

Thanks bro. I did it also after reading above. I packed FS Foden. Recoupe 200k coins. Besides I did it mostly using 86 and Casila FB 91 untradeable. Didn't spend much coins
  • Bread
    203 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 2019
    Did it using tevez FB as I have ibra and first game, fantastic, swapped him to CCam using tactics, two goals including a rocket of a volley
  • Murphdogz
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero
    MUFC_420 wrote: »

Ibra has better work rates to compensate for the stamina though. And I highly doubt he's more clinical than FB Ibra as Ibra doesn't miss :D

I also have ibra.ibra isn't always their when you need him.you have to wait for him to get into the box.he didn't make great runs.

Rooney however always makes runs into the box.some games ibra goes missing.rooney is always their.ive used Rooney in every FIFA.and found his finesses to be incredible.thats his base card.this card is really really good. Easier to link than ibra aswell.
    That's just my opinion
  • Chadi1982
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I did him just because I've wanted him for a while. I would say he's not worth it for most, but I wanted him as CF behind Ibra. He's good, but I gave up FB Tevez for him.. mistake i think.
  • Chadi1982
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I also have ibra.ibra isn't always their when you need him.you have to wait for him to get into the box.he didn't make great runs.

Rooney however always makes runs into the box.some games ibra goes missing.rooney is always their.ive used Rooney in every FIFA.and found his finesses to be incredible.thats his base card.this card is really really good. Easier to link than ibra aswell.
    That's just my opinion

So better with Ibra behind rooney? Or you play both ST
  • wsm
    64 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i was thinking of playing him as centre defensive midfielder but a box to box player, yes he has bad stamina but will be subbing him off at around 65 mins anyway, what do you guys think before i submit the abc
  • Safehands84
    4047 posts National Call-Up
    As my ultimate team will be an ex united squad I had to do him. Not used him yet. Will be either playing striker with Ibra behind in cf. Cf with Vardy or Ibra uptop or cm with Ibra cf vardyup top 4411 can’t decide yet. Dont mind subbing where ever he plays have Savic schweinstiger for cm, Tevez for cf and Martinez for st
  • Gaz41S
    380 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've only played 1 games and he bagged twice and assisted another. Feels quality. I dont know if I'd spend 300k on it, i had untradeables so only cost me like 75k.
  • Kove
    4393 posts National Call-Up
    Probably plays like this guy...

197802_1.jpg
  • Murphdogz
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero
    Chadi1982 wrote: »

That's just my opinion

So better with Ibra behind rooney? Or you play both ST

I play both as striker
  • Murphdogz
    1525 posts Play-Off Hero
    wsm wrote: »
    i was thinking of playing him as centre defensive midfielder but a box to box player, yes he has bad stamina but will be subbing him off at around 65 mins anyway, what do you guys think before i submit the abc

Why?he will be wasted there.he is a out and out goal scorer not a midfielder.that will just kill his stamina.
  • HDouble
    2595 posts Fans' Favourite
    74 stamina bad work rates and links and cost more than ibra?? No chance mate
  • SuperKMx
    1803 posts Play-Off Hero
    Can't see there being too many that have completed it as EA have completely overpriced it.

The five matches of DR I played last night where FB Rooney and FB Ibra were subbed on in all five of them would suggest this isn't the case.

People are coin-rich, and 99% of them don't give a damn about the price or how good the player is. They just care about it being a shiny new thing they won't be able to get once the SBC is over.
  • alvchong
    1574 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2019
    Screenshot-20190125-200714-Companion.jpg
    Screenshot-20190125-200747-Companion.jpg
    Played 5 games WL, won 4. Played 2 games DR won 1 draw 1. Is all about Rooney. If he suit your play style he definitely worth 300k.

In game 4222. Btw my Rooney is basically free coz I packed Foden 88. Perfectly suit to build a team for England chem.

Compare to FB Zlatan and under my play style Rooney just fluid on ball, doesn't fall to ground easily and finishing is equally clinical.
  • Skinner249
    598 posts An Exciting Prospect
    aNuITJM.jpg

His work rates are perfect for my possession style build up, constantly coming to feet on half way to send Cole in acres of space down the left. He's the new rebound king too
  • alvchong
    1574 posts Play-Off Hero
    U are right. I scored 2 rebound among my 11. Other goals are just right time right place. His composure 99 in work.
  • Kingkay
    1777 posts Fans' Favourite
    Had to do him to link fb zlatan, only played one game but he scores very solid and works hard but stamina is very poor