Post-Patch Gameplay Discussion w/ Top 100 PC Player.

1
SayBz
111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited January 2019
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ytrt0GJQnqs

Post-patch gameplay: https://youtube.com/watch?v=DUd49F00Jls

Basically, what he said is that yellow & red timed finesse shots don't go in anymore, this is awesome IMO but hitting green its now more challenging which its also how it should be, the bad thing is that even If you hit green the timed finesse shot will not go in, they nerf it too much, reduced the power and accuracy of it.

To summarize the video; Finesse shots don't work anymore timed or normal, he made a comparison with the nerf of driven shots which are useless this year.

He also said that power shots are now more reliable than timed/ normal finesse shots.

"I think when the patch hits the console, It will be the most unplayable patch ever"

If everything he said its true let's hope for EA to fix this before they drop it for us!

RIP FIFA.
Post edited by SayBz on

Comments

  • Bambobär
    454 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Zaro and the other community managers should be preparing😂
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Offtopic but, top100 PC is likely equivalent to E3 on XBOX :~)
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Never understood why someones ability at the game determines how much clout their opinion has.

    I made a thread yesterday saying this patch was going to completely ruin the game mainly because of the TF nerf and was met with nothing but negativity.

    I look foward to posting my "I told you so" thread in a few days
  • MUFC_420
    2734 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sounds like this patch is going to completely kill what's left of the game.

    And no I don't spam timed finesse shots.

    RIP FIFA 19.
  • MUFC_420
    2734 posts Fans' Favourite
    Never understood why someones ability at the game determines how much clout their opinion has.

    I made a thread yesterday saying this patch was going to completely ruin the game mainly because of the TF nerf and was met with nothing but negativity.

    I look foward to posting my "I told you so" thread in a few days

    If they have a better understanding of how everything works in the game then their opinion is more credible than someone that doesn't fully understand every mechanic imo.

    Tbh think I maybe posted in your thread saying there probably won't be much difference but that wasn't to discredit you it was because most of the time these patches are nothing but a placebo effect.

    Seems EA have actually patched something properly for once but are going to kill the game in the process as now the game will be completely unbalanced.

    To nerf timed finishing you also need to nerf AI defending to give balance and I would be all for that like most people. But like the guy in the video said now games are going to end 1-0 and could be decided by RNG even more so than before. EA are only catering for casuals at this point the only way they could actually help them more is by coming to their house and playing for them.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Never understood why someones ability at the game determines how much clout their opinion has.

    I made a thread yesterday saying this patch was going to completely ruin the game mainly because of the TF nerf and was met with nothing but negativity.

    I look foward to posting my "I told you so" thread in a few days

    That's nice. What's next, we let janitors perform major surgeries because they've read wikipedia and assert themselves fully qualified for the job. Lets see how that works out.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6217 posts Big Money Move
    I think the patch sounds great. The problem is they aren’t nerfing AI defending. I play a ton of low scoring games currently. So if scoring is way harder, and AI defending is still OP the game sounds unplayable. Seems they should have done what they did. Buff 1v1 scoring and reduce AI defending.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    Never understood why someones ability at the game determines how much clout their opinion has.

    I do somewhat agree with you but in this case a person who has actually played with the new patch definitely has more clout than someone who hasn't.
  • DadBod
    6302 posts Big Money Move
    As long as timed finesse is ineffective, i am okay with it.

    For months, it is ridiculous to see players camping outside the box, setting up their timed finesse shots. You defend for 90 minutes then all of a sudden, fabinho will be open and hit a green timed finesse shot.
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up
    looks like CR7's price will bump up after the patch :D
  • MUFC_420
    2734 posts Fans' Favourite
    Noob_FC wrote: »
    looks like CR7's price will bump up after the patch :D

    Surely almost everyone has FB Ibra :D
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    I look foward to posting my "I told you so" thread in a few days

    NaCl

    Relax, its not the end of the world, mate. They will reverse the patch once all the TF spammers flood twitter, just like they did with the ai patch. We can have some fun until then.
  • OZero
    6878 posts Big Money Move
    People who always exploiting the glitch shots certainly find the post patch version unplayable. That’s what the patch should achieve.

    Sounds great to me.
  • MUFC_420
    2734 posts Fans' Favourite
    OZero wrote: »
    People who always exploiting the glitch shots certainly find the post patch version unplayable. That’s what the patch should achieve.

    Sounds great to me.

    There's alot of us that didn't exploit the mechanics but know that the game will have no balance at all anymore post patch and it will cater to casuals more than it previously did if that's even possible.

    I'm predicting this patch will have such a negative impact on the game that it will be reversed in no time. Either that or the game is completely dead within a month.
  • JohnDoe
    11890 posts Has That Special Something
    Never understood why someones ability at the game determines how much clout their opinion has.

    I made a thread yesterday saying this patch was going to completely ruin the game mainly because of the TF nerf and was met with nothing but negativity.

    I look foward to posting my "I told you so" thread in a few days

    That's nice. What's next, we let janitors perform major surgeries because they've read wikipedia and assert themselves fully qualified for the job. Lets see how that works out.

    That's not what he said, at all.

    Want a better analogy? Imagine that you go to a very expensive restaurant, and order your favorite dish. The chef serves you a literal piece of ❤️❤️❤️❤️, instead.

    Can you criticize the chef, even if you can't cook at all? Or will you just shut up and eat the ❤️❤️❤️❤️?

    Just because you don't have the technical ability to back your criticism up doesn't mean that you can't criticize stuff and still be in the right. That was the other dude's point.
  • OZero
    6878 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    MUFC_420 wrote: »
    OZero wrote: »
    People who always exploiting the glitch shots certainly find the post patch version unplayable. That’s what the patch should achieve.

    Sounds great to me.

    There's alot of us that didn't exploit the mechanics but know that the game will have no balance at all anymore post patch and it will cater to casuals more than it previously did if that's even possible.

    I'm predicting this patch will have such a negative impact on the game that it will be reversed in no time. Either that or the game is completely dead within a month.

    Firstly, I don’t care about whether you are “exploiting” because nowadays exploiters never admit they are exploiters. You play the game, and you know over 80% of goals are these finesse goals outside the area, and you also know a lot of your opponents just know how to finesse and even don’t know how to do some basic stuff like L2 protection L1 call run etc. Then tell me if this is not the most unbalancing element of the game, what else is? By taking this out, whilst you can say the game is “not yet balanced”, you definitely cant say “it becomes more unbalanced”. Never.

    And secondly, again, all exploiters are saying it’s due to “overpowering AI defending”. Are you serious? You say you don’t exploit. It won’t change your opponents defending tactics because he also knows you don’t exploit. Now, explain to me, why would this patch be detrimental to you? Why are you complaining that? Or you “just pretend” you would exploit it and just didn’t execute the last shot and instead use it to create space? In that case you are exploiting as well. You are taking advantage.

    I never exploit, I keep on breaking down opponents defense, either AI or manual, either constant pressure or PTB, without any problem by wing play. The patch simply won’t affect me, nor it makes my game “even more unbalance”, thus I won’t complain.

    Now, please explain, in what way, for you who don’t exploit, why would this patch affect your attacking plays?
  • SPAMPEBS
    3965 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2019
    Would of been better off just removing timed finishing all together.

    I watched some of f2tekkz (I believe his name is) gameplay on YouTube... And 75%, sometimes more...... Of his goals were ridiculous finesse shots.

    Is that how it is in real life? Games ending 5-4 with 7 of the goals being 25 yard no look back to goal finesse shots?
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SayBz
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    Some people

    I hit 21-23 wins with a poor (for 20+ wins) squad, with timed shooting off, not even going full try hard or meta abuse

    Drivens go in fine

    Normal finesse go in fine (could be a small problem for me if the nerf on them is big)

    Powers go in fine

    Tap ins go in fine

    You're all over exxagerating, start learning how to shoot, cause if I can score with FB Pato, normal Jesus, Bernardeschi and Rivaldo's right foot, I'm sure anyone else can

    Normal finesse shots nerf is also big.
  • RadioShaq
    16075 posts Moderator
    What’s the negative? The highlights all seem like what people wanted nerfed.
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    I don't get why some people are worked up about time finesse being nerfed..... I think this will ensure people now understand or learn how to break a tight defense... maybe some of you can now play with different formations.

    The game was looking very pathetic with repetitive similar goals being scored. It gets boring . Breaking a defense with passes should be the way to go... The excuse about AI defending etc..we've all been dealing with that since fifa 17....

    I am glad that unrealistic green, white and red finesse are done... if anyone pulls the green finesse, then they deserve it 100.... Not no fake no look shot that goes in 247
  • Boomba
    837 posts Semi-Pro
    It's nerfed af and it's funny to see people keep finessing from outside the box. :D:D:D:D

    Even green timed finesses go out often now. Get used to it lads, play proper ball.
  • SayBz
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    I don't get why some people are worked up about time finesse being nerfed..... I think this will ensure people now understand or learn how to break a tight defense... maybe some of you can now play with different formations.

    The game was looking very pathetic with repetitive similar goals being scored. It gets boring . Breaking a defense with passes should be the way to go... The excuse about AI defending etc..we've all been dealing with that since fifa 17....

    I am glad that unrealistic green, white and red finesse are done... if anyone pulls the green finesse, then they deserve it 100.... Not no fake no look shot that goes in 247

    Agreed with you, the downside is that finesse shots just will not work anymore not event green finesse shots will be effective.
  • Mic2904
    2246 posts Fans' Favourite
    So FIFA is unplayable because timed finesse shots, which probably has been one of the dumbest addition to the game, have been nerfed.

    I have never used Timed Finesse shots and i am average at best with normal timed shots, but I can still score goals.

    Why 'RIP Fifa'? Because Timed finesse shot abuser need to find a different way to score?!
  • mindm4ster
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Offtopic but, top100 PC is likely equivalent to E3 on XBOX :~)

    lol more like the other way around
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    Mic2904 wrote: »
    So FIFA is unplayable because timed finesse shots, which probably has been one of the dumbest addition to the game, have been nerfed.

    I have never used Timed Finesse shots and i am average at best with normal timed shots, but I can still score goals.

    Why 'RIP Fifa'? Because Timed finesse shot abuser need to find a different way to score?!

    yep thats the reason, all the abusers wont be able to score now and from top100/elite will drop hard to gold, finally noobs wont be getting more wins than they should, love the patch
  • [Deleted User]
    0 posts National Call-Up
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    I am looking forward to seeing how nick run the fut market would score his goals going forward
  • Janscharie
    358 posts Sunday League Hero
    Look at all the tf abusers already whining lol. The way tf is abused by most is killing the game for the none abusers.

    Grinding your way trough defence scoring 1-0 just to get a tf from a ridiculous angle and losing the game.
    These tf abusers are more then often also the ones with 8 in front of the box.

    I hope ea don't fall for it (again)
  • mindm4ster
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    sonnyfilth wrote: »
    mindm4ster wrote: »
    Offtopic but, top100 PC is likely equivalent to E3 on XBOX :~)

    lol more like the other way around

    PC rankings mean absolutely nothing

    PC is full of cheaters, DNF glitches, hacks, etc

    If you take PC rankings seriously then just lol

    I've never encoutered hacks or DNF's in WL so get your facts right before spouting sh.it kid
Sign In or Register to comment.