The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Why is rivals gameplay so much more delayed than fut champs?

MUFC_420
2402 posts Fans' Favourite
So apparently both game modes are played on the same dedicated servers so does anyone know why rivals is unplayable yet fut champs is half decent gameplay?

Turned the PS4 on to have a few games of rivals and had to turn the game straight off as the gameplay is beyond unplayable.

Absolute joke that we can only actually play this game for 2-3 days a week any other gaming community would be kicking up such a fuss if they could only play their beloved game for less than half the week but unfortunately the FIFA community will just sit back and take anything that this company has to throw at them.

So does anyone actually know why there's such a big difference between rivals and fut champs?

Comments

• BombSquadPuppy
    2067 posts Fans' Favourite
    I usually find rivals less laggy and less button delay than fut champs, and online singles to be double sided lag instead of single like in rivals and champs O.o
  • MUFC_420
    I usually find rivals less laggy and less button delay than fut champs, and online singles to be double sided lag instead of single like in rivals and champs O.o

That's strange you're literally the first person I've seen saying they get better gameplay in rivals than fut champs.

I'm just curious to see if anyone knows why there's such a massive difference between the 2 game modes when they are supposedly played on the same servers. Something just doesn't add up here.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    MUFC_420 wrote: »

That's strange you're literally the first person I've seen saying they get better gameplay in rivals than fut champs.

I'm just curious to see if anyone knows why there's such a massive difference between the 2 game modes when they are supposedly played on the same servers. Something just doesn't add up here.

Maybe its distance to servers? I play from Fl, USA, im assuming peeps closer to the main servers get better gamplay as they should have less packet loss 🤔
  • MUFC_420

Maybe its distance to servers? I play from Fl, USA, im assuming peeps closer to the main servers get better gamplay as they should have less packet loss 🤔

I'm assuming being from Northern Ireland I'm connecting to their servers in Dublin so probably around 100 miles away.

Any other game or test I do I never have any packet loss and my ping is consistent around 20ms. Think the highest I've ever seen my ping is 40ms.

Also 80/20 speeds, wired connection and playing on a 2ms response time monitor and never have any issues with anything but FIFA.

At this stage I'm fairly confident the problem isn't on my end.
  • RandomLhama83
    10098 posts Has That Special Something
    So apparently both game modes are played on the same dedicated servers so does anyone know why rivals is unplayable yet fut champs is half decent gameplay?

Turned the PS4 on to have a few games of rivals and had to turn the game straight off as the gameplay is beyond unplayable.

Absolute joke that we can only actually play this game for 2-3 days a week any other gaming community would be kicking up such a fuss if they could only play their beloved game for less than half the week but unfortunately the FIFA community will just sit back and take anything that this company has to throw at them.

So does anyone actually know why there's such a big difference between rivals and fut champs?

yep... its basically a game where you play champs, than do trading/SBCs... i agree wit u, rivals is unplayable. and SBs is boring.... why ? i think because the coding must be different. notice how on champs they take away the timed finessing bar from you to see it on champs? thats always been a signal to me that theres coding there different on champs.... i think champs is like the cleaner version and rivals being the more game testing/beta version so it delays out with poor coding. some ppl think its the same game. and are completely delusional...
  • MUFC_420

yep... its basically a game where you play champs, than do trading/SBCs... i agree wit u, rivals is unplayable. and SBs is boring.... why ? i think because the coding must be different. notice how on champs they take away the timed finessing bar from you to see it on champs? thats always been a signal to me that theres coding there different on champs.... i think champs is like the cleaner version and rivals being the more game testing/beta version so it delays out with poor coding. some ppl think its the same game. and are completely delusional...

It's not even close to being the same game tbh. I'm not even exaggerating when I say it's unplayable.

Back to blackout for me. Anyone that wants something different to play during the week BO4 blackout is currently free to play and it actually works. Highly recommend.
  • RandomLhama83

It's not even close to being the same game tbh. I'm not even exaggerating when I say it's unplayable.

Back to blackout for me. Anyone that wants something different to play during the week BO4 blackout is currently free to play and it actually works. Highly recommend.

will look into it... thanks... after i get done with my 14 wins on champs il surely be hopping on something else. cant stand this game until a patch fixes it or something.
  • BenzP7
    8294 posts League Winner
    The other way around for me
  • Springveldt
    4827 posts National Call-Up
    My guess would be that the Rivals servers are more stressed than the WL servers due to the number of players.

You have to redeem a token to play WL so they have a rough idea of how many people will be playing and can provision the correct number of servers.

Rivals is a free for all and they either don’t have enough servers for peak times or can’t spin them up fast enough.

Total guess on my part btw.
  • BombSquadPuppy

I'm assuming being from Northern Ireland I'm connecting to their servers in Dublin so probably around 100 miles away.

Any other game or test I do I never have any packet loss and my ping is consistent around 20ms. Think the highest I've ever seen my ping is 40ms.

Also 80/20 speeds, wired connection and playing on a 2ms response time monitor and never have any issues with anything but FIFA.

At this stage I'm fairly confident the problem isn't on my end.

Same here, its not connectivity on our end (assuming to not get stricken by the gods here 😉) its connectivity from the server end, usually dedicated servers rely on both connections being in sync and transfer of packets go well, if they desync even for a ms packets get lost and delay galore ensues... this is why i figured peer to peer worked better for 1v1 games such as this, with the ability to back out if youre displeased with connection(5 ping bar system)
  • adoe546
    129 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I just assume there are less servers in the cluster for rivals vs champs. Every day this week rivals has been different, Monday night I had amazing connection, this morning trash, the rest of the week average.

Just want consistency EA!!!
  • Pooter
    3909 posts National Call-Up
    FUT champs decent gameplay? Wow, I wish it were so. Most of the time, it seems that I'm playing Div Rivals players who bought FIFA points to get Messi and Ronaldo and somehow gel them up to get 100 chem and 88 rating in their team and score hat full of goals
  • Cantonal7l
    835 posts Professional
    Mines the same. Rivals delay and WL okay
  • Mini_Miudo
    9980 posts Has That Special Something
    Rivals feels better for me.
  • MUFC_420
    Pooter wrote: »
    FUT champs decent gameplay? Wow, I wish it were so. Most of the time, it seems that I'm playing Div Rivals players who bought FIFA points to get Messi and Ronaldo and somehow gel them up to get 100 chem and 88 rating in their team and score hat full of goals

You're completely missing the point here mate. I'm talking about the actual gameplay not how people play the game.
  • Springveldt
    4827 posts National Call-Up
    Rivals was shocking tonight for me, I'm thinking I've had enough and I'm not playing it for a few weeks. Rewards are garbage as well anyway so no point putting up with this anymore.
  • MUFC_420
    Rivals was shocking tonight for me, I'm thinking I've had enough and I'm not playing it for a few weeks. Rewards are garbage as well anyway so no point putting up with this anymore.

Exactly mate the whole rewards structure in this game needs an overhaul. The fact you can play all these games each week and it's still just RNG when it comes to rewards isn't appealing at all.

I play fut champs because I genuinely enjoy it I don't play for rewards but they are a nice bonus.

All we want is a game that works is it really that much to ask? All the smaller companies seem to be able to manage this fine so I don't understand why EA can't give us a game that actually works.
  • smcali23
    1229 posts Professional
    This game is just awful. Incredible how much gameplay changes. The servers are absolute trash.
  • MUFC_420
    smcali23 wrote: »
    This game is just awful. Incredible how much gameplay changes. The servers are absolute trash.

I would imagine after the new patch hits consoles alot of people will end up quitting the game and there will be alot less stress on the servers so this could make for a smoother game.

The latest patch is going to absolutely kill this game going by what I've seen so far.

There will be no balance in the game whatsoever and it's going to be even more "noob friendly" than before. Can't wait :D
  • RandomLhama83
    to add to this thread... as if rivals wasnt bad enough with the horrific delay... come to find out... you can quit games if you get red cards or are in a situation where you are going to give up a goal... laughable ea...
  • GEEMAN04
    657 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Im the same as you pal.. Im from n. Ireland belfast.. Exactly the same rivals terrible champs no problems.. Have sky fibre and all that.. Wired and still feels terrible.. Love fifa but no point in bashing rivals if its this bad.. A few games after wl is over to get rank 2 and thats it for me..
  • MUFC_420
    GEEMAN04 wrote: »
    Im the same as you pal.. Im from n. Ireland belfast.. Exactly the same rivals terrible champs no problems.. Have sky fibre and all that.. Wired and still feels terrible.. Love fifa but no point in bashing rivals if its this bad.. A few games after wl is over to get rank 2 and thats it for me..

Yeah mate I'm also on sky fibre but I've changed between sky, BT and Plusnet over the last couple of years and nothing has made a difference.

I've tried changing everything in my setup then realised the problem isn't on my side.

I just play BO4 during the week and fut champs at the weekends but it's so frustrating not being able to play my goto game when I feel like it. Tried playing at 3am this morning and it was as delayed as 7pm.
  • Clanceypants
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    I have only ever experienced lag in one game out of about 700. I play from London.