Is it really PTW?

Comments

• deang07
    8261 posts League Winner
    not at all, plenty experiments on here and my own personal experience show that having a much better team may nick you a few games here and there but i would overall be in the same spot i am with a lower rated team.
    jumping whole brackets in wl or divisions in rivals just because you have a better team is just false.
    if i play a guy whos alot better than me regardless of his team ill get destroyed.
    if u play someone ur same level u may nick a win due to better players however anyone you play whos better or worse it generally doesnt matter who ypu play with.
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1945 posts Play-Off Hero
    No.
    I haven't spent a penny and Have Cr7, Red 89 Mbappe (lucky I know) 86 Ben Yedder.(did have De Bruyne but hat to swap for Yeds to get Mbappe in)
    89 Bentancur, Prime Makelele, Naingolan, 88 Sandro, Prime Blanc, 89 Koulibaly, OTW Cancelo and 87 Scsezny.

I did grind and trade loads but I've genuinely not spent a single penny.
  • mindm4ster
    4963 posts Big Money Move
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    They only play home games, so they match easier opponents and avoid other pros.

If you meet someone with a worse team than yours, like mine. If I’m a better player, I will still outperform you even if your players are better.

Insane team though, mate.

sorry what?

how did you come up with that ?

• BladesManSUFC
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    So the question really is...Why are we grinding this game to improve our team if it makes little difference?? Baffling to say the least wouldn’t you agree?
    The infuriating part for me is 1 game I’ll have 5 shots and they will all fly in and the next I’ll have 20 all from exactly the same angles/scenarios and score none whereas my opponent will have them 2 shots that fly in??
    I refuse to accept that it’s my finishing like people will say.. because the game prior it was proven that it’s not my finishing... I just don’t know 😕
  • deang07
    8261 posts League Winner
    So the question really is...Why are we grinding this game to improve our team if it makes little difference?? Baffling to say the least wouldn’t you agree?
    The infuriating part for me is 1 game I’ll have 5 shots and they will all fly in and the next I’ll have 20 all from exactly the same angles/scenarios and score none whereas my opponent will have them 2 shots that fly in??
    I refuse to accept that it’s my finishing like people will say.. because the game prior it was proven that it’s not my finishing... I just don’t know 😕

improving our team should be a goal in fut not the main goal imo.
    the main goal should be to fill up a trophy cabinet or something similar and getting the best team poss to help do that.

as it stands getting the best poss team over the yr is the main goal and that is why its a card collecting game and gameplay is 2ndary
  • SPN1987
    2143 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's definitely PTW. It mainly depends on what kind of play style you have how many more games you can win. Anyone saying this game isn't PTW don't have a clue what the hell they are talking about.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3583 posts National Call-Up
    SPN1987 wrote: »
    It's definitely PTW. It mainly depends on what kind of play style you have how many more games you can win. Anyone saying this game isn't PTW don't have a clue what the hell they are talking about.

It really is befuddling how this simple concept is so difficult for some to grasp.
  • SPN1987
    edited January 24

It really is befuddling how this simple concept is so difficult for some to grasp.

Yea. i've been playing Draft quite a bit. The moment I got my hands on some of the meta players like Prime Vieira, Gullit, R9 and CR7 the game felt completely different compared to my 300k squad players I've been using for quite a while now. I immediately felt a difference in those players presence, movement, strength, agility, positioning etc.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9971 posts Has That Special Something
    It's only p2w between equally matched players, which is why most of the time you won't notice a difference. You'll still lose to better players with worse teams.

Also worth noting you might just be better with certain players. I've upgraded NIF Mané multiple times (including to players like Neymar/Mbappé) and I've always come back to him. Using him right now.
  • Pughy30
    26293 posts Player of the Year
    Fifa is 100% pay to win. You can go pro in LoL, CS, Dota etc and not spending money isn't that much of a problem but in fifa it's a completely different story. For example imagine a guy in call of duty who's gun hits twice as hard as yours just because he's spent more money that would be so stupid.
  • SPN1987
    Pughy30 wrote: »
    Fifa is 100% pay to win. You can go pro in LoL, CS, Dota etc and not spending money isn't that much of a problem but in fifa it's a completely different story. For example imagine a guy in call of duty who's gun hits twice as hard as yours just because he's spent more money that would be so stupid.

Makes sense. Every community would riot if P2W was this clear. But not the FIFA community, we accept everything EA throws at us because they know damn well they got a monopoly position.
  • BladesManSUFC

Yea. i've been playing Draft quite a bit. The moment I got my hands on some of the meta players like Prime Vieira, Gullit, R9 and CR7 the game felt completely different compared to my 300k squad players I've been using for quite a while now. I immediately felt a difference in those players presence, movement, strength, agility, positioning etc.
    Irrelevant... try having one of these squads for longer than a draft and you would understand what my gripe is

• Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    Team doesnt really matter, traded to full meta tots and mets prime icons in FIFA 18 and didnt make a difference in WL to My early cheap team.
  • SPN1987

Irrelevant... try having one of these squads for longer than a draft and you would understand what my gripe is

Not completely irrelevant. I felt pretty much immediately they were able to do things my NIFs 80-85 rated cards couldn't do. But you are right about having to use them longer for a better conclusion. What exactly is your gripe?
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5776 posts Big Money Move

I hear it’s P2W. And on paper it is. But my personal experience tells me it isn’t. I. My experience and results show that I get the same wins in weekend league with a 100k team as I do with a 7+ million team. I basically always go 17-11 or 18-11. Doesn’t matter what team I use. I realize I’m very average. And it could be just me. But it seems other players experience the same thing. A poster on here won 17 with a silver team and 17 with a 3.5 million team. So personal experience for some of us, overrides the pretty obvious p2w mechanics that seem to be in place.
  • Pughy30
    26293 posts Player of the Year
    Gorda wrote: »
    Team doesnt really matter, traded to full meta tots and mets prime icons in FIFA 18 and didnt make a difference in WL to My early cheap team.

fifa 18 and 19 are completely different having a good team is far more important on 19
  • SPN1987

I hear it’s P2W. And on paper it is. But my personal experience tells me it isn’t. I. My experience and results show that I get the same wins in weekend league with a 100k team as I do with a 7+ million team. I basically always go 17-11 or 18-11. Doesn’t matter what team I use. I realize I’m very average. And it could be just me. But it seems other players experience the same thing. A poster on here won 17 with a silver team and 17 with a 3.5 million team. So personal experience for some of us, overrides the pretty obvious p2w mechanics that seem to be in place.

Then you are definitely doing someting wrong. Finishing and physical stats alone should bring you a few extra wins. T100 is stacked with god squads. Only a few RTG guys, very good at the game can get T100 with a squad like that.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    5776 posts Big Money Move

Then you are definitely doing someting wrong. Finishing and physical stats alone should bring you a few extra wins. T100 is stacked with god squads. Only a few RTG guys, very good at the game can get T100 with a squad like that.

That is completely fair. But even if I’m doing something wrong. Shouldn’t doing something wrong with a mega team yield me a win or two more than doing something wrong with a 100k team?
  • BladesManSUFC

That is completely fair. But even if I’m doing something wrong. Shouldn’t doing something wrong with a mega team yield me a win or two more than doing something wrong with a 100k team?
    Exactly... if you’re doing something wrong then it would be punished more with a cheap squad surely? But as the evidence suggests it isn’t achieving anything or hampering anything

• SPN1987

Have you ever seen a pro event or FUT Champs Channel match? Most goals being scored are very cheesy. Physical presence helps a lot scoring those goals and finishing becomes much easier with meta cards. Only a small percentage of goals scored on there are truely skilled.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3583 posts National Call-Up

Exactly... if you’re doing something wrong then it would be punished more with a cheap squad surely? But as the evidence suggests it isn’t achieving anything or hampering anything

On the contrary. As the evidence suggests
    -- by the overwhelming ubiquity of stacked squads in top echelons -- the only realistic way to compete is by having a meta team on steroids.

The efficasy of a stacked team is directly correlated to players' strength and mechanics abuse.
  • EJND
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special

spot on, 100% agree ! had exactly the same experience... sold my team before TOTY and played a weekend league only with untradeables and meta golds ... finished Elite for the first time ... Since i was loaded and prices dropped so much i couldn't resist and bought a Prime team after TOTY again ... one of the best squads you can get in this game. So i started last friday and damn, what bangers did this Prime Eusebio score ... my whole squad performed amazing and everything went so easy and smooth, so i thought "okay, thats it, perfect combination, this team works out together like from another planet" and i finished friday 9-0. Then saturday came ... Prime Ballack was pushed off the ball by Fred like a little girl ... Prime Cruyff forgot how to pass ... ridiculous ... and i couldn't win a single game that day ... not that all my oponents played better, i mean you really notice if you get dominated and to be fair there for sure have been 2 or 3 opponents that just were playing better, but most of the games i had like 20 shots on target, while the opponent had 2 or 3.... i mean how can this same eusebio than the day before suddenly only be capable of either hit the pole or shoot so weak, that the golakeeper can catch it while sleeping ???
    Well finally i ended gold 2 with a team, where the cheapest player was worth 3times more , then the whole team i finished elite 3 before...

And anyway, what does ptw mean ? Yes i invested money in fifa points, but i easily doubled the coins with trading and i could have achieved the coins with spending way less money if i could have been bothered spending hours with grinding and trading ...
    And probably the ones that always complain about ptw are the the ones that sweat in every single DR game just for getting the best rewards possible....
    But what sense does the whole System of the Game / Rewards have, if you can't win more often with a better team ???

and refering to my own experience and obviously the experience of many others thats how its is...

(sry for **** english, not a native speaker...)
  • BladesManSUFC
    EJND wrote: »

spot on, 100% agree ! had exactly the same experience... sold my team before TOTY and played a weekend league only with untradeables and meta golds ... finished Elite for the first time ... Since i was loaded and prices dropped so much i couldn't resist and bought a Prime team after TOTY again ... one of the best squads you can get in this game. So i started last friday and damn, what bangers did this Prime Eusebio score ... my whole squad performed amazing and everything went so easy and smooth, so i thought "okay, thats it, perfect combination, this team works out together like from another planet" and i finished friday 9-0. Then saturday came ... Prime Ballack was pushed off the ball by Fred like a little girl ... Prime Cruyff forgot how to pass ... ridiculous ... and i couldn't win a single game that day ... not that all my oponents played better, i mean you really notice if you get dominated and to be fair there for sure have been 2 or 3 opponents that just were playing better, but most of the games i had like 20 shots on target, while the opponent had 2 or 3.... i mean how can this same eusebio than the day before suddenly only be capable of either hit the pole or shoot so weak, that the golakeeper can catch it while sleeping ???
    Well finally i ended gold 2 with a team, where the cheapest player was worth 3times more , then the whole team i finished elite 3 before...

And anyway, what does ptw mean ? Yes i invested money in fifa points, but i easily doubled the coins with trading and i could have achieved the coins with spending way less money if i could have been bothered spending hours with grinding and trading ...
    And probably the ones that always complain about ptw are the the ones that sweat in every single DR game just for getting the best rewards possible....
    But what sense does the whole System of the Game / Rewards have, if you can't win more often with a better team ???

and refering to my own experience and obviously the experience of many others thats how its is...

Hit the nail on the head there mate... People saying it’s not like trying to split the atom?? It is harder to fathom what the hell goes on within this game tbh 😂
  • EJND
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EJND wrote: »

Hit the nail on the head there mate... People saying it’s not like trying to split the atom?? It is harder to fathom what the hell goes on within this game tbh 😂

exactely, whats the point ??? Especially if they wont me to give them my money ... Totally lost interest to invest any more of it in fifa points...