Do you play FIFA Monday-Thursday?

DIXON THFC
2483 posts Fans' Favourite
This year has been flipped on it's head for me. In previous years as a 33 year old with 2 toddlers I could never commit to 40 games so I avoided WL and just enjoyed seasons throughout the week. This year I look forward to the WL simply because Rivals is just the worst part of FIFA by a long shot.

I'm an average player, I get gold 3 or 2 every week, was 1 off Gold 1 this week however, whenever I play Rivals Mon-Thurs I get my **** handed to me in 75% of my games. I'm not complaining about this because it is what it is but what I'm noticing is that the total points for Rivals rank 1 is roughly 19-20k at the moment but at the start it was like 30k.

The reason why I ask this question is that I'm assuming everybody that is your "average Joe" type of player has given up on Rivals because it's simply that painful? It seems to be full of people who are literally WAY better than me at the game because they want the easy prizes and when you finally play somebody you can beat they quit when you go 2-0 up. I spent this morning for example playing 10 games, winning 2 (both quit in the first half) 2 draws and 6 painful losses including a 6-0 and 8-1. I never quit so I sit through 12-14 mins of getting hammered and then when I finally start to win they quit.

Never thought I'd say this but I'm done with every aspect of the games aside from WL, it's the only game mode where I seem to play people at my level!!

Comments

• jonkero
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 22
    Nope, not anymore. Only play gold 1-2 in weekends. Collect free Rare Players Packs x2 and Rare Gold Packs x2 from rivals. Easy as you like ;)

Sometimes when I feel like I wanna play I'll play a rivals match, but soon I remember why I quit playing Rivals.

Drafts are fun sometimes though but will cost you coins
  • DIXON THFC
    jonkero wrote: »
    Nope, not anymore. Only play gold 1-2 in weekends. Collect free Rare Players Packs x2 and Rare Gold Packs x2 from rivals. Easy as you like ;)

Sometimes when I feel like I wanna play I'll play a rivals match, but soon I remember why I quit playing Rivals.

Drafts are fun sometimes though but will cost you coins

It's just bonkers mate... I start feeling like I'm half decent at this game in the WL then when I go back to Rivals the level of player in 4/5 (where I fluctuate due to constant relegation) I feel like I'm playing the best in the world!! I guess the top players are the only one's who can be bothered anymore.
  • oldboiler
    2008 posts Fans' Favourite
    Monday to Friday SB to E1....play WL 1 out of every 3 weekends as I just don’t find the competitiveness fun at all, and I’d rather a stress free weekend

If I play WL I don’t play rivals at all....if I don’t play WL I’ll hit about 10 rivals matches to R3

What I do like about rivals is that I genuinely don’t care whether I lose as it pretty much means nothing
  • Boysie91
    8469 posts League Winner
    10 games max
  • Skinner249
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    Never touched it during the week but after putting together a side that I enjoy using ans don't include any popular players, while switching to a possession game, I can't stop playing.

Scoring a last minute winner with super subs Crouch or Defoe really make goals satisfactory again, especially the big man.

The people that are bored of it midweek or see it as having nothing to play for, put together an enjoyable team and just play the game win or lose, it's supposed to be a fun football game anyway, so treat it as just that.
  • DIXON THFC
    Over the years I've seen so many people complain about leaving this game behind and to be honest I never truly understand the mentality because I've always known what I'm getting but still enjoyed it. I honestly feel that after playing this game since 1996 at my age now I'm ready to leave it behind.

It just doesn't seem to be fun anymore.
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only play fut champs and will play rivals if there's an objective but apart from that I play BO4 during the week.

Rivals is just boring with no progression whatsoever we really need another mode to play during the week.
  • jonkero
    DIXON THFC wrote: »
    Over the years I've seen so many people complain about leaving this game behind and to be honest I never truly understand the mentality because I've always known what I'm getting but still enjoyed it. I honestly feel that after playing this game since 1996 at my age now I'm ready to leave it behind.

It just doesn't seem to be fun anymore.

It's definitely not the game it was 5-10 years ago no lol.

It's not playing for fun anymore, only playing for rewards. Rewards to make a squad to win more rewards and so on.
  • Ishibum
    12483 posts Has That Special Something
    I've stopped playing Rivals as it is simply madness having to deal with that level of sweat through the week. Weekend league feels almost casual in comparison. I will still do friendlies if they have objectives associated with them (e.g. MVP Martinez)
  • Williejno1
    3084 posts National Call-Up
    No very rarely div rivals is a complete mess with literally 0 progression lag and button delay fest
    Not even worth the aggro it causes
  • Numlocked_
    1662 posts Play-Off Hero
    Online single matches are bs. This week they feel like sweat sweat sweat just because the objective. Make us play x amount of games, not win x amount of games. This is hell for a casual player
  • EisenErmin
    5796 posts Big Money Move
    I just play during the week to get some games to reach Elite in Division4. Mostly using squads to try out new formations or players and get some of the weekly challenges done (if they are doable in division rivals).
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    No way.
    Hate rivals and other than that nothin to play.
    Just wl for me.
  • Professor
    1403 posts Play-Off Hero
    Just enough to stay rank 1 in my division
  • DIXON THFC
    edited January 22
    Ishibum wrote: »
    I've stopped playing Rivals as it is simply madness having to deal with that level of sweat through the week. Weekend league feels almost casual in comparison. I will still do friendlies if they have objectives associated with them (e.g. MVP Martinez)

Mate, exactly! I remember saying to this Mrs once in 17 that I was going to do the WL and when I finished that Sunday I felt violated!! Yet this year WL is the casual vibe and my break from the Rivals sweat.

I think the best thing to do is just play WL (seems that it gets you minimum rank 2 rivals just by completing it) and play another game in the week as @MUFC_420 said!
  • Bags
    825 posts Semi-Pro
    This year has been flipped on it's head for me. In previous years as a 33 year old with 2 toddlers I could never commit to 40 games so I avoided WL and just enjoyed seasons throughout the week. This year I look forward to the WL simply because Rivals is just the worst part of FIFA by a long shot.

I'm an average player, I get gold 3 or 2 every week, was 1 off Gold 1 this week however, whenever I play Rivals Mon-Thurs I get my **** handed to me in 75% of my games. I'm not complaining about this because it is what it is but what I'm noticing is that the total points for Rivals rank 1 is roughly 19-20k at the moment but at the start it was like 30k.

The reason why I ask this question is that I'm assuming everybody that is your "average Joe" type of player has given up on Rivals because it's simply that painful? It seems to be full of people who are literally WAY better than me at the game because they want the easy prizes and when you finally play somebody you can beat they quit when you go 2-0 up. I spent this morning for example playing 10 games, winning 2 (both quit in the first half) 2 draws and 6 painful losses including a 6-0 and 8-1. I never quit so I sit through 12-14 mins of getting hammered and then when I finally start to win they quit.

Never thought I'd say this but I'm done with every aspect of the games aside from WL, it's the only game mode where I seem to play people at my level!!

wait until your toddlers are 8 and you spend your weekends either fighting with them for the ps or stood on the edge of a freezing pitch watching them play. Not played a single WL this year. I usually get a couple of games in when you are in bed
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ishibum wrote: »

Mate, exactly! I remember saying to this Mrs once in 17 that I was going to do the WL and when I finished that Sunday I felt violated!! Yet this year WL is the casual vibe and my break from the Rivals sweat.

I think the best thing to do is just play WL (seems that it gets you minimum rank 2 rivals just by completing it) and play another game in the week as @MUFC_420 said!

It's actually made FIFA alot more enjoyable for me. I was ready to throw the towel in until I got BO4.

WL gameplay doesn't seem to be as delayed as rivals and is somewhat enjoyable so I just play FIFA at the weekends and BO4 during the week with maybe the odd game of FIFA here and there and it seems to be a good balance.

It's still an absolute joke that you have to go and buy another game to play during the week as FIFA is basically unplayable.
  • i do, i play SB and divisions, i have better things to do on a weekend
  • You needs to find your way of having fun.
    You are here because you like football, so the only option is FIFA as PES is ****.
    I don't find online games any fun at all, and only play it, if I really want a player in objectives. Already missed some, because I couldn't bother to scores 3 goals with an albanian goalkeeper in 2nd half of 30 single online games etc.

I trade alot (my job have alot of spare time) and I build a nice squad slowly, which I play in Squad Battles. When theres is no more matches, I simply play something else than FIFA, because theres alot of nice games out there.
    Maybe I read a book to train my mind to explorer itself...
    Good Luck in search for fun.
  • Chadi1982
    145 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 22

Totally agree with this.. I enjoyed weekend league just gone to much finished my games by Saturday dinner. Rivals is horrid, I don't know how to explain it, Laggy as hell with so much delay. Players seem better also. Id rather have a online seasons revamp for mon-Thursday
  • Slawter
    3855 posts National Call-Up
    Yes because i'd rather stick myself in the eye than subject myself to weekend league players.
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    Slawter wrote: »
    Yes because i'd rather stick myself in the eye than subject myself to weekend league players.

Rivals players are far worse :D
  • bigpokey24
    4842 posts Big Money Move
    been playing online friendlies, vowed not to touch any other mode until a new patch, last time i played the WL was in december b4 christmas..I have played only about 2 or 3 rival matches since christmas..
  • SP300x
    174 posts Sunday League Hero
    Recently the delay in rivals has been so awful
  • jonkero
    edited January 22
    Lol today was the weekly rivals match. Quickly switch off my xbox after playing TOTY Ronaldo, Prime Cruyff and Ronaldinho. See you again on Saturday!
  • Carlos181
    3814 posts National Call-Up
    Not anymore. I only play 1-3 matches a day, then switch over to BFV or Smash Bros.
  • IAIK7
    3434 posts National Call-Up
    Play some DR matches mid week and minimal SB games if there's a futswap player involved.
  • Retro1989
    4487 posts National Call-Up
    Squad battles (4 games), that's it. Unless there's weekly objective for something good i don't touch Rivals anymore.
  • BanterMarc11
    539 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I usually play most of WL at the weekends but l usually don’t play outside of that anymore
  • I play maybe 1 in 4 weekend leagues, and the weekends I give it a miss I play rivals to Gold 3 (so like, 5 matches), cause all the good players are playing WL (sneaky huh).

During the week play maybe 10 squad battles games after work to relax