How is FF De Jong in game?

McLaughlan_26
483 posts Sunday League Hero
Seen everyone saying these cards don't play to the stats, he worth the 140k?

Comments

• Hicksy2011
    18568 posts World Class
    hes worth 400k he is amazing
    Great range of passing, can dribble, can shoot
    Defensively isnt perfect but because he has decent pace strength agility etc he can make some tackles and his interceptions are good anyway
  • Pikandel
    1654 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you want a well balanced midfielder (CAM/CM/CDM) who dictates the pace of the game, YES.
    If you want a CAM that plays as a secondary striker, NO.
    If you want a CDM/box-to-box midfielder with great defensive abilities, NO.
  • Craigy21
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    I like him, been playing him CM, his passing has been fantastic. Long shots aswell are great, would agree with the above post, CAM probably not great and not the strongest for a CDM
  • Invincibility
    4739 posts National Call-Up
    9 games played 0 assist 0 goals but playing him as cdm in 4231
  • Dayoff
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great all rounder. Feels very sharp. Great dribbler. Does everything well. Solid player with no faults. Not a game changer but consistently good. Worth it for me.
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    He'd probably play CAM for me with Rivaldo and Figo on either side, based off these reviews might give him a miss, if I played a CM
  • Pikandel
    1654 posts Play-Off Hero
    He'd probably play CAM for me with Rivaldo and Figo on either side, based off these reviews might give him a miss, if I played a CM

You Can play him as a CAM, if you want to give passes to the wings. He’ll be great than, but he won’t be a CAM like a KDB or something due to his workrates
  • Pikandel
    1654 posts Play-Off Hero

You Can try his loan card tho
  • Dayoff
    231 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tried quite a few of the FS players. He's in my top 3. Him de ligt and havertz are all worthy of getting if price is right.
  • jonkero
    7053 posts Big Money Move
    He's a born playmaker, Iniesta kinda type. Use him as that as CDM in 4231. All build up play goes via him, that's what he's perfect for!
  • He is fantastic as cm or cam. I think for cdm you have to look at others
  • Pikandel
    1654 posts Play-Off Hero
    ROYTASTICx wrote: »
    He is fantastic as cm or cam. I think for cdm you have to look at others

Depends on the other players. He’s great as lone CDM with 2 box to box midfielders next to him. Like Pirlo.
  • MortiferVaughan
    256 posts Sunday League Hero
    Have him next to Keane as the RCDM in a 4231 wide, on balanced settings. Put a sentinel on him to make him very all-rounded. Keane acts as the destroyer and De Jong is great at intercepting the ball and building up an attack. Perfect for ticking things over. Then I have Rui in front of them to do the CAM final product stuff.

Think in 7 games he has 4 goals and 3 assists.

Great pace for the position. Fantastic passing, dribbling and long shots. Only downside is he'll need to get subbed most games and only 3* weak foot, but that's easily avoided
  • GeTRiGhT
    13056 posts Has That Special Something
    Might get him
  • fantastic, easily worth x2. if not more.