My issue with Fifa, POST PATCH GAMEPLAY...

DizzeeSpellz
287 posts Sunday League Hero
edited January 2019
The general concencsus of Fifa players is an end to end through ball game
From what i've experienced through playing the game anyhow.

Players make passes that have completely no chance of ever creating anything
the vast majority of my opponents have a way of playing, If you actually watch football you would understand. They play like the inferior opponent trying to take anything they can from the game. Theyre too scared to move the ball around because theyre not good enough. They stay in a tight shape and don't dare to move a player out of position. The only defensive runs they will be making is selecting a forward and running the guy back.

If you go into the player ratings screen and checking your opponents fullbacks, they have been spamming Y, LB Y all game hoping for a lucky bounce or a run at goal. because it's very rare you will see your opponent with anything above a 7.0 on their fullbacks.
Don't get me wrong I understand why but when other mechanics are nerfed and you are forced to play like this because bad players rage when they get outplayed and would rather lose to something out of their control. This is where my problem lies

I've completely outplayed this guy but the lengths I have to go to to create anything whilst he's there just looking for a longball is so frustrating. This is how they always win, because some ofn their pointless balls or shots happen to create corners etc... which they patched back into the game after totally removing them for a while.

make sure to check out his winner in the last video...

mTPcxID.png
JFLATHY.png
wO5KLgX.png

Post edited by DizzeeSpellz on

Comments

• othman_ovn
    65 posts Park Captain
    This is what the game has become, players desperately trying to win games by putting 11 man around their box and going for the counter hoping for a corner/rebound goal.
  • DizzeeSpellz
    edited January 2019
    Post patch gameplay RIP possession...
    have to change my style completely to fit the meta, not sure if I want to continue playing tbh :/

18154101f86e3e25813028ab4c33c5df.jpg

• BorussenBernie09
    2092 posts Fans' Favourite
    How dou you finsih these Throughballs? Is it Low Driven with L1+R1+L2 (LB+RB+LT on Xbox Controller?)?
  • DizzeeSpellz
    Yeah low drivens
    Only positive thing to come from this patch is the 1v1 goals
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    othman_ovn wrote: »
    This is what the game has become, players desperately trying to win games by putting 11 man around their box and going for the counter hoping for a corner/rebound goal.

This is litterally the “basic meta” of 19. It’s been going on from the start really.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    It's going to be like FIFA 18 again. Everyone playing drop back fast build up/long ball.
  • DizzeeSpellz
    FCBlunt wrote: »

This is litterally the “basic meta” of 19. It’s been going on from the start really.

Yes but you had other viable options to combat this, conceding possession was dangerous. However after this patch not having the ball isn't a worry really. Just sit back and wait for another chance to counter.

• FCBlunt

Yes but you had other viable options to combat this, conceding possession was dangerous. However after this patch not having the ball isn't a worry really. Just sit back and wait for another chance to counter.

There’s still options of scoring, however I can see you’re playing on Xbox. The patch havent been released for consoles yet, mate.
    But yeah, if you dare to go above the meta 4 depth, you can do a lot of build up play in their box. :smile:
  • Liamooo
    1149 posts Professional
    What settings do you use for your co op camera mate ? Also what stadium is that if you don’t mind me asking ?
  • DizzeeSpellz
    edited January 2019

There’s still options of scoring, however I can see you’re playing on Xbox. The patch havent been released for consoles yet, mate.
    But yeah, if you dare to go above the meta 4 depth, you can do a lot of build up play in their box. :smile:

Imagine creating an entire thread about post patch gameplay when you play on consoles...
  • DizzeeSpellz
    Liamooo wrote: »
    What settings do you use for your co op camera mate ? Also what stadium is that if you don’t mind me asking ?

It's Tele Broadcast
  • DizzeeSpellz
    BTW I play on PC and have finished top 100 multiple times, I know what i'm talking about :)
  • FCBlunt

Imagine creating an entire thread about post patch gameplay when you play on consoles...

It happened multiple times, really.
    BTW I play on PC and have finished top 100 multiple times, I know what i'm talking about :)

I’m not doubting your ability, I just saw the xbox controls and made an assumption. :smile:
  • BSDShoes
    3210 posts National Call-Up

I can see you’re playing on Xbox. The patch havent been released for consoles yet, mate.

lmao, consoles doesn't record high quality videos like that, I can tell they were recorded via Shadowplay and they even say "GeForce" in the title. PC users do use an Xbox controller too you know.
  • FCBlunt
    BSDShoes wrote: »

I can see you’re playing on Xbox. The patch havent been released for consoles yet, mate.

lmao, consoles doesn't record high quality videos like that, I can tell they were recorded via Shadowplay and they even say "GeForce" in the title. PC users do use an Xbox controller too you know.

I dont know anything about Xbox’s recording options. So how would I know that?

Also, I would like to point to this reply

I’m not doubting your ability, I just saw the xbox controls and made an assumption. :smile:

Soooo, gg?
  • Liamooo
    1149 posts Professional
    Liamooo wrote: »

It's Tele Broadcast

Ok mate cheers, max zoom out ??

• Springveldt
    5992 posts Big Money Move

The game on PC shows you the Xbox controls if you have a controller plugged in. Even if you use a DS4 controller you still see the XBOX options.

I've played @DizzeeSpellz in Rivals and can vouch he's a good player. Beat me 4-1 I think, his possession play was great, was tough to get the ball from him.
  • DizzeeSpellz
    First game since the Futchamps cup today, oh boy this patch is going to be fun -.-
    This is what people took from the futchamps stream I guess...

• sanjay17
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    First game since the Futchamps cup today, oh boy this patch is going to be fun -.-

Yep everyone is spamming crosses. Sadly thats the only consistent way of scoring
    1v1s are still pathetic
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    sanjay17 wrote: »

Yep everyone is spamming crosses. Sadly thats the only consistent way of scoring
    1v1s are still pathetic

I see everyone saying this about 1v1s and I'm struggling to see what the big deal is. Yes the keeper maybe saves like 2/10 but doesn't that make the game a little more realistic? There should never be a way that guarantees a goal everytime.