Are there any known fixes for BUTTON DELAY ?

JonRambo
1103 posts Professional
I always get button delay in this game and its very frustrating, just wondering does anyone else get it and have found a solution for it ?

I have tried the things EA recommends (not very helpful) ive replaced all cables, modem (4 times) new comtrollers, new PS4, new TV, different internet and nothing makes a difference for me.

Im also in Australia, so could it be that EA doesnt have any servers over here ? Maybe its EA servers causing the problem ?

Comments

  • Phodri
    459 posts Sunday League Hero
    If there was something fixing it, we probly would know.
    I also tried the above, like you, nothing helps.
    Too far away from servers i guess.
  • Porsgaard85
    975 posts Professional
    i live in denmark, kinda close to servers and have it to 50/50 games. so dont think its all about distance to servers
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Phodri wrote: »
    If there was something fixing it, we probly would know.
    I also tried the above, like you, nothing helps.
    Too far away from servers i guess.

    What Country are you in ?
  • Phodri
    459 posts Sunday League Hero
    JonRambo wrote: »
    Phodri wrote: »
    If there was something fixing it, we probly would know.
    I also tried the above, like you, nothing helps.
    Too far away from servers i guess.

    What Country are you in ?

    Belgium, whats the closest, netherlands?
  • KRANG00
    1863 posts Play-Off Hero
    I play a few different games and only get button delay on Fifa, make of that what you will..............
  • Phodri
    459 posts Sunday League Hero
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    I play a few different games and only get button delay on Fifa, make of that what you will..............

    Pretty sure everyone has it only in fifa.. :D
  • JV24601
    1004 posts Professional
    It isn't EA I am told, as EA said it isn't them.

    I'm sure their super efficient EA Help Centre can help you out as like you, they're all gamers and will absolutely sort your problem out.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    KRANG00 wrote: »
    I play a few different games and only get button delay on Fifa, make of that what you will..............

    Same here man. But if it is EA's servers, what i dont get is, why cant they just spend a bit of money and fix them ? They are making so much from this game, surely they can spend a bit of the profit to upgrade their servers and add more in most Countries ?
  • Tekover
    118 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I moved in a new house and upgrade my PS4 to a pro and also a new TV and now it works great.
    Also try different Ethernet cables maybe ?
  • makkan00
    525 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Tekover wrote: »
    I moved in a new house and upgrade my PS4 to a pro and also a new TV and now it works great.
    Also try different Ethernet cables maybe ?

    nothing to do with PS4 pro as on some games, there is no button delay. It cannot be console.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Tekover wrote: »
    I moved in a new house and upgrade my PS4 to a pro and also a new TV and now it works great.
    Also try different Ethernet cables maybe ?

    Well ive done everything you mentioned but moved house. I mean i like fifa but moving house just for the game is a bit much.
  • Mmandras
    3158 posts National Call-Up
    It has nothing to do with moving or ethernet cables.

    Gameplay after 22-23h in my region is the best. But is sucks to align your schedule to Fifa. You want to do other things, go out and socialize, or god forbid sleep? Tough luck...
  • Tymsy83
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    Move to Germany
  • Flop1970
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @JonRambo
    What internet you using nbn or adsl
    Do a speed test both through the ps4 and also on a pc via speedtest.net
    Im in Aus only mildly suffer button delay (in the games i know im up for a loss )
    Also found using a monitor instead of a tv helps to
  • Wz000
    415 posts Sunday League Hero
    Only know fix is to stop playing the game, then timed delay will be gone.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Flop1970 wrote: »
    @JonRambo
    What internet you using nbn or adsl
    Do a speed test both through the ps4 and also on a pc via speedtest.net
    Im in Aus only mildly suffer button delay (in the games i know im up for a loss )
    Also found using a monitor instead of a tv helps to

    Im on NBN 100/40 and i get great speeds, aup to 94 mbit down and 38 upload and i dont lag in any other game but fifa. I havent tried a monitor before , but i play a few shooters like Cod, Battlefield and dont notice any delay where button delay would be noticeable.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    edited January 2019
    Wz000 wrote: »
    Only know fix is to stop playing the game, then timed delay will be gone.

    Haha, i know. I didnt buy Fifa 18 and thought EA would have fixed their servers by now with all the money they make from fifa points, but they obviously havent.
  • Flop1970
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    JonRambo wrote: »
    Flop1970 wrote: »
    @JonRambo
    What internet you using nbn or adsl
    Do a speed test both through the ps4 and also on a pc via speedtest.net
    Im in Aus only mildly suffer button delay (in the games i know im up for a loss )
    Also found using a monitor instead of a tv helps to

    Im on NBN 100/40 and i get great speeds, aup to 94 mbit down and 38 upload and i dont lag in any other game but fifa. I havent tried a monitor before , but i play a few shooters like Cod, Battlefield and dont notice any delay where button delay would be noticeable.

    Im in NSW i dont get the speeds you are but i did notice input lag on the TV was using and found it more noticeable when i also had server delay so moved to a 28" 4k monitor which has helped a bit i still get button delay in certain games (mainly after i have had a few wins on the trot or if i score 2 quick goals before the 20th min)

    Unfortunately i do not think we have any servers here in australia
    In 18 i done some traceroute testing to EA servers and best i could get was 185ms ping and tha was around 11pm edst
    Worst was 335ms 3pm in the afternoon

    So here in aus i think we stuck with the crap
  • Amdp9
    4776 posts National Call-Up
    It normally doesn’t effect me, but lost five in a row now so I am taking break till tomorrow
  • tezmacfifa
    1899 posts Fans' Favourite
    You could physically walk to the nearest server, hardwire your PS4 directly into one of them, and still get the delay.
  • OP i am in aus too.

    Till a couple of months ago i used to get lag and button delay intermittently but since they put a “patch” to improve connectivity its gone to utter crap

    Before it was 1 game in 5 which was bad not jts 4 games in 5 its terrible.

    Sometimes in get 4-5 in a row with smooth gameplay and then 2-3 days with horrible lag and delay.

    Only thing i think can have a small impact on button delay is a gaming monitor or a smaller monitor compared to a tv.

    Also like its said before, 9 pm - 2/3 am is ok, any other time its a complete lag fest
  • kayron16
    2500 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not much can be done besides moving house.

    I’ve never really had lag this fifa but played a game today and it felt like it was going at fast forward.
  • Ishibum
    14381 posts Has That Special Something
    U NED MOAR BUTTONS!


    In eriousness though, not much you can do. Make sure you're on a wired connection and that's about it
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Flop1970 wrote: »
    JonRambo wrote: »
    Flop1970 wrote: »
    @JonRambo
    What internet you using nbn or adsl
    Do a speed test both through the ps4 and also on a pc via speedtest.net
    Im in Aus only mildly suffer button delay (in the games i know im up for a loss )
    Also found using a monitor instead of a tv helps to

    Im on NBN 100/40 and i get great speeds, aup to 94 mbit down and 38 upload and i dont lag in any other game but fifa. I havent tried a monitor before , but i play a few shooters like Cod, Battlefield and dont notice any delay where button delay would be noticeable.

    Im in NSW i dont get the speeds you are but i did notice input lag on the TV was using and found it more noticeable when i also had server delay so moved to a 28" 4k monitor which has helped a bit i still get button delay in certain games (mainly after i have had a few wins on the trot or if i score 2 quick goals before the 20th min)

    Unfortunately i do not think we have any servers here in australia
    In 18 i done some traceroute testing to EA servers and best i could get was 185ms ping and tha was around 11pm edst
    Worst was 335ms 3pm in the afternoon

    So here in aus i think we stuck with the crap

    Thats so annoying hey, that EA cant give the majot Countries their own servers specially considering how much money they make from tnis game and how much it generates every year.

    Thats why i no longer spend any money on this game and i know many others that wont either. If EA cant be bothered spending a bit of money to help us why should we spend money on their game ?
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    OP i am in aus too.

    Till a couple of months ago i used to get lag and button delay intermittently but since they put a “patch” to improve connectivity its gone to utter crap

    Before it was 1 game in 5 which was bad not jts 4 games in 5 its terrible.

    Sometimes in get 4-5 in a row with smooth gameplay and then 2-3 days with horrible lag and delay.

    Only thing i think can have a small impact on button delay is a gaming monitor or a smaller monitor compared to a tv.

    Also like its said before, 9 pm - 2/3 am is ok, any other time its a complete lag fest

    It sucks hey. I get every single game though, doesnt matter if its div rivals, futchamps, plzying at 3pm, 8pm, 3am, any day, its the same crap, it drives me nuts and wish EA could just come to my house and see how broken the game is when it has this delay.

    Even when im winning its no fun at all because im fighting the game more then playing against my opponent.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    tezmacfifa wrote: »
    You could physically walk to the nearest server, hardwire your PS4 directly into one of them, and still get the delay.

    Haha
  • Tymsy83
    883 posts Semi-Pro
    My opponents have started messaging me saying I was clearly delayed these days! That’s how bad it’s becoming lol
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    Ive started to notice when im winning like 2 or 3 nil, the button delay gets worse and worse.

    Anyone else noticed this ?
  • Jib
    16 posts Ball Boy
    Isn't it the game it self nothing to do with servers.

    You can get button lag in Squad Battles. A lot to do with animations etc.
  • Flop1970
    174 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I agree that some type of coding is built in that causes button delay or team errors whether it be through dynamic moments or animations something changes in game especially whilst winning
    I can play a smooth game everything plays fine will be winning 2 or 3 nil in 1st half

    2nd half game starts normal one of my players will make a bad pass or mistake my team then crumble and the change happens i can no longer pass 2 foot more shots hit the bar players fall over each other cant even perform a simple fake shot or heel flick
    Opponent then gets on a roll scoring with everyshot they take

    EA SPORTS ITS IN DA GAME ;)


Sign In or Register to comment.