A plane containing two people, including Sala, disappeared from the radar

Comments

• tilen11
    4896 posts National Call-Up
    Recoba10 wrote: »
    This guy had been an average striker in L1 for years, not good not bad but this season was his season, scoring lots of goals, very good each time he was on the pitch.
    Six months ago, no one would have imagined a club would pay what Cardiff just offered for him. Without this offer, for sure, he would have stayed in Nantes.
    His manager also did everything to keep him and was about to resign when Sala left the club.
    What a tragic fate.. very sad story. I am sure he would have been a great added value to Cardif. I still hope a miracle will happen...

Why did they put him on such a shoddy plane? I read that it took 4 attempts to finally take off. After 2 tries they should have put him on another plane. Tragic.

Tbh I wouldnt feel safe flying over ocean in a single engine, propeller plane.
    kqd5jdk.png
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    edited January 23
    tilen11 wrote: »
    This guy had been an average striker in L1 for years, not good not bad but this season was his season, scoring lots of goals, very good each time he was on the pitch.
    Six months ago, no one would have imagined a club would pay what Cardiff just offered for him. Without this offer, for sure, he would have stayed in Nantes.
    His manager also did everything to keep him and was about to resign when Sala left the club.
    What a tragic fate.. very sad story. I am sure he would have been a great added value to Cardif. I still hope a miracle will happen...

Why did they put him on such a shoddy plane? I read that it took 4 attempts to finally take off. After 2 tries they should have put him on another plane. Tragic.

kqd5jdk.png

Is that the plane? Over the ocean? No thanks. I wouldn't feel safe with that either. Especially as it's a four hour flight.
  • Kouli06
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero

kqd5jdk.png

Iv actually been in a plane similar to this in Mexico when I was like 12 and I distinctly remember being absolutely terrified!

Also Cardiff are saying they don’t know who organised the flight????
    They apparently offered him a flight and he said no he had one organised already.
    So strange.
  • JohnDoe
    11193 posts Has That Special Something
    I heard the messages he left to his father, just breaks my heart to hear a grown man in such a state of distress.

I hope he's still alive, and is found by the search parties.
  • Recoba10
    1164 posts Professional
    AFC_95 wrote: »

kqd5jdk.png

Is that the plane? Over the ocean? No thanks. I wouldn't feel safe with that either. Especially as it's a four hour flight.

Especially in January..
  • tilen11

kqd5jdk.png

Yep. This is Piper Pa-46 Malibu plane. Single engine, propeller plane that was owned by Willie Mckay (football agent). Like I said flying with that over the ocean.. No thank you.
  • tilen11
    Kouli06 wrote: »

kqd5jdk.png

Iv actually been in a plane similar to this in Mexico when I was like 12 and I distinctly remember being absolutely terrified!

Also Cardiff are saying they don’t know who organised the flight????
    They apparently offered him a flight and he said no he had one organised already.
    So strange.

Ffs I wouldnt sit on a plane that already looks like it can fall apart mid air. It looks like a small turbulence can tear it in half. Can only imagine how you felt while flying.
  • tilen11
    :disappointed:

• CeeQue
    10606 posts Has That Special Something
    Even the updates are looking grim.
  • tilen11
    CeeQue wrote: »
    Even the updates are looking grim.

Nothing positive so far.
  • BSDShoes
    1602 posts Play-Off Hero
    Tragic news for such a good player, there were 2 plane crashes up here in BC, Canada last year and they were also the similar model aircraft. It seems to be an unreliable aircraft and yes it is tiny, not safe for long distance travel.

It's also tragic on how his ingame card has been handled, good on EA for taking action quickly. It P's me off when people try to make a profit off tragedies, there was an autopsy doctor in Saskatchewan that wrote a book about the Humboldt Broncos and wants to publish it- thing is he little to no facts and families of the lost players doesn't want him to publish it.
  • Kouli06
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    :disappointed:

Now that’s haunting
  • tilen11
    Still nothing. It looks like they might be gone. Sad news

PsvZiRQ.jpg
  • RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    God bless them and their families. :star:

• Kouli06
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    They have to find something sooner or later surly?

• Claret_n_blue_blood
    13968 posts Has That Special Something
    They have to find something sooner or later surly?

We all wanna know either way, just preying for a miracle that they managed to escape somehow
  • Claret_n_blue_blood
    13968 posts Has That Special Something
    The awful thing is he declined the travel offer which Cardiff offered to him
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Yeah I know. That's the terrible bit. And then, I'm assuming before takeoff, he said he's in a plane that looks like it's falling apart. Why didn't he just ask to get off the plane :(
  • Kouli06
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah I know. That's the terrible bit. And then, I'm assuming before takeoff, he said he's in a plane that looks like it's falling apart. Why didn't he just ask to get off the plane :(

By all accounts that was a WhatsApp voice message while he was in the air.
  • Hamz
    370 posts Sunday League Hero

Yeah how would he know from the outside that the plane is falling apart .
    Really pathetic from Cardiff to chose this type of plane .
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14331 posts Has That Special Something
    Hamz wrote: »

Not Cardiff's fault he chose to get his own flight.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

Not Cardiff's fault at all. They offered him travel arrangements and Sala said he'd made his own.
  • Kouli06
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero

Cardiff offered him a commercial flight on what I suspect would have been a normal plane. But he diclined and said he had one already. I would suspect sorted by his agent?
  • IAIK7
    3311 posts National Call-Up

Cardiff offered him a commercial flight on what I suspect would have been a normal plane. But he diclined and said he had one already. I would suspect sorted by his agent?

Yes, I believe it was his agent who sorted his flight out.
  • tilen11
    IAIK7 wrote: »

Yes, I believe it was his agent who sorted his flight out.

Plane was arranged by Willie Mckay. He is a football agent but not Salas agent (Sala agent is Meissa NDiaye, agent who "owns" Mendy, Batshuayi, Ben Yedder, Boly). McKay confirmed he arranged transportation but denied he owned the plane.
  • tilen11
    edited January 24
    How he came across McKay idk, I assume his own agent should arrange him transportation not a 3rd person. Everything looks so shady tbh.
  • Kouli06
    1577 posts Play-Off Hero
    How he came across McKay idk, I assume his own agent should arrange him transportation not a 3rd person. Everything looks so shady tbh.

Is starting to look very strange to say the least 😔
  • tilen11
    edited January 24

Its like someone wanted him dead. These are just our thoughts about a conspiracy but fact is everything is just disturbing and illogical.

Still hope the guy is found along with the crew.
  • llcg04
    420 posts Sunday League Hero

Its like someone wanted him dead. These are just our thoughts about a conspiracy but fact is everything is just disturbing and illogical.

Still hope the guy is found along with the crew.

Man you dont know any facts about this yet you are starting to spread conspiracy theories. Wtf?