The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

FUT champs 1st timer

Ermski
755 posts Semi-Pro
Hey guys since the mrs is at work the weekend and my daughter will probably be in her room all weekend being moody ive decided to qualify for FUT champs for the 1st time ever. I aint very good at fifa so i have no expectations. Have you guys any tips you can share with me, also how do i get red player picks? How many wins would i need. Thanks

Comments

• Zakury
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Don't let your emotions get the best of you.
  • Colzy
    565 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Just relax and have fun, go in with 0 expectations then you can’t be disappointed haha. Reds start at silver rewards. But you wanna aim for 11 wins to re qualify and an uncapped pick or 14 wins for 2 picks
  • Zakury
    Put your strongest team out with a good selection of subs. (A lot of games will go to ET and penalties)
  • Delvinho
    1890 posts Play-Off Hero
    Spread your games out and take regular breaks
  • Zakury
    Don't play more than 3 games at a time, take regular breaks.
  • Zakury
    Understand that you will potentially be playing the best players in the world and you will take some hammerings. 90% of players will.
  • Ermski
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    I cant even string wins together in rivals div 5 haha ill be cannon fodder for you all
  • Zakury
    @Ermski you should be able to get around 8 wins at least dude I'm div 3 and I get 20w 10l usually. You wont be the worst player there for sure
  • Ermski
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    Thanks zakury , fingers crossed
  • Wortel1981
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    I also play in div5 and always play till gold3 (14 wins) with games left, so you not will be cannon fodder.
    Play relaxed and take breaks, i always play two or three games and take a short break.
    Good luck this weekend!
  • Colzy
    I’m average in div 5 and always get to 14 wins. Normally with like 6/7 games left
  • Ermski
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    Thanks guys this gives me hope. If your getting smashed do you quit or continue till the end? I usually play till the end cos i need every coin i can get my hands on
  • Colzy
    Ermski wrote: »
    Thanks guys this gives me hope. If your getting smashed do you quit or continue till the end? I usually play till the end cos i need every coin i can get my hands on

Depends how much time you have I guess. I always play til the end, anything up to 4 goals behind isn’t dead and buried in this Fifa
  • iST4PL3S
    126 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Spend the week mastering timed finesse and moving the keeper as these will get you out of the **** in games you shouldn't be winning
  • FCBlunt
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    Delvinho wrote: »
    Spread your games out and take regular breaks

Best tip to get^

Also, WL is about mentality. If you can stay calm and push through tough games, you might go pretty far.
  • Ermski
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    iST4PL3S wrote: »
    Spend the week mastering timed finesse and moving the keeper as these will get you out of the **** in games you shouldn't be winning

I have no idea i had to move my keeper, is this why i lose all the time, ill google it .... also off topic would sif virgil get a upgrade in winter? Thanks for the help guys
  • Wortel1981
    414 posts Sunday League Hero
    In fifa18 i got smashed alot, but this year the games seem much more balanced, i don't get smashed that often, always games 3-2, 2-1, 1-0 etc.
    I won a game last weekend with 9-0 so that was new for me haha.
  • Frog_of_Wisdom
    334 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck! It’s draining but if you manage a decent finish the rewards are worth it!
  • Ermski
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    Can anyone explain when i sub zlatan on for lacca who is in cam then i swap zlatan to st he wont go there? 3 times i put him there in pause screen 3 times he stayed in cam!!!
  • Ermski
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    Well thats my 1st ever weekend league done.... and probably my last for a while. I finished gold 3 with 2 games to spare so i get a couple of red picks in a few days im pleased with the way ive played and prime litmanen proved the player i hoped he would be in CAM. fb zlaten and IF jesus was also great alessandrini was damn awful i need to save for another icon asap. I also lost 5 penalty shoot outs out of 5. Gutted.
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    Expect the feeling of the game trying to make you lose

Take breaks

Don’t expect much from the rewards

When you score a couple try and keep the lead calmly

Try to possibly go 3-0 up quickly as some rage quit for the easy win
  • Ermski
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    I wont expect much , it probably will be the worst totw in history now haha
  • Headshrinker363
    5735 posts Big Money Move
    Well thats my 1st ever weekend league done.... and probably my last for a while. I finished gold 3 with 2 games to spare so i get a couple of red picks in a few days im pleased with the way ive played and prime litmanen proved the player i hoped he would be in CAM. fb zlaten and IF jesus was also great alessandrini was damn awful i need to save for another icon asap. I also lost 5 penalty shoot outs out of 5. Gutted.

Do you know the player taking the penalty’s hrad moves to the direction you are aiming? Maybe that’s why you lost your shoot outs?
  • Ermski wrote: »

Do you know the player taking the penalty’s hrad moves to the direction you are aiming? Maybe that’s why you lost your shoot outs?

Yea this. Crazy how many people dont know this. You always have to aim down the middle, and pick a side at the last minute
  • Ermski
    755 posts Semi-Pro

Wtf..... i.didnt know this what is a hrad?
  • ziotree
    330 posts Sunday League Hero

Wtf..... i.didnt know this what is a hrad?

Haha. He means HEAD
  • Ermski
    755 posts Semi-Pro
    Ffs stupid game, i could have been gold 2 grrrr. Thanks for the heads up