So... Baresi at CDM w/ 7 chem?

czcash
450 posts An Exciting Prospect
Or keep him in defense? Wont he be too small as CB, but feel like a Kante on steroid at CDM?

Comments

• Zakury
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Yeah because Kante is fast lol. Baresi is the worst icon in the game
  • czcash
    Zakury wrote: »

Please refrain from commenting on players you haven't tried ;)
  • Zakury
    czcash wrote: »

@czcash I wouldn't waste my time or money trying him his stats are absolute trash ;)
  • shepj6
    467 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not got his card, but came up against him a couple of times in WL and he performed decently to me - interceptions he was especially strong on from what I can remember. Can also see the benefit of moving him to CDM, might be a decent option.
  • Springveldt
    4512 posts National Call-Up
    Have you tried him yet? I see you telling everyone that he is terrible but have you actually gave him a go?

I tried the loan version in WL last night for10 games and he was a massive upgrade on Azpilicueta and did not look out of place next to Prime Ferdinand.

His positioning was brilliant, he intercepted passes that normally make it through my defence, he was strong in the tackle and his agility and passing got me out of some sticky situations when my opponent was on constant pressure. At one point he ran back shoulder to shoulder with CR7 and knocked him off the ball with ease to stop a 1 v 1 chance. I'm definitely considering doing him now considering how cheap he actually is.

Oh, I finished 17-5 in WL this week, so playing at a decent level.
  • EisenErmin
    5337 posts Big Money Move
    Have you tried him yet? I see you telling everyone that he is terrible but have you actually gave him a go?

I tried the loan version in WL last night for10 games and he was a massive upgrade on Azpilicueta and did not look out of place next to Prime Ferdinand.

His positioning was brilliant, he intercepted passes that normally make it through my defence, he was strong in the tackle and his agility and passing got me out of some sticky situations when my opponent was on constant pressure. At one point he ran back shoulder to shoulder with CR7 and knocked him off the ball with ease to stop a 1 v 1 chance. I'm definitely considering doing him now considering how cheap he actually is.

Using him next to RTTF D. Sanchez in my backline and he is great so far. He will get into an SBC as soon as there is an Icon i really want (Ronaldinho, Gullit, Maldini), but until then he will be a starting CB in an otherwise expensive squad.
  • Saekerhett
    517 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I'm doing the Baresi SBC together with the Best SBC. When I have Baresi, I'm gonna throw in into the Best SBC. It's cheaper than buying an icon of the market and you get some packs too.
  • Animo_et_fide
    58 posts Park Captain
    I used him all weekend league and he's been great for me! Yes he's small but he has one hell of a jump on him, I've switched him into midfield a few times and his interceptions are second to none! I got him so he could go into another sbc challenge but I very tempted to rethink that as enjoying him so much
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    baresi feels great on the ball... juss have to becareful with the airballs...
  • MHoney1234
    7680 posts League Winner
    Baresi is a decent CDM. Not top tier, but useful further down the line for other icons
  • Markman007
    2634 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 21

@czcash I wouldn't waste my time or money trying him his stats are absolute trash ;)

Baresi is far from the worst icon in the game. He’s been excellent for me. I play him next to Futmas Boateng in my Bundesliga squad and Baresi is better. His interceptions are amazing and he has no problem heading and jumping. I use him with anchor chem. Granted his pace and physical stats should be higher based on his real life performance, but stats alone don’t tell the whole story.
  • czcash
    Thanks guys!
    Will try him out both at cb and cdm tonight :)
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    we are the baresi fan club. We must save him!!! lol
  • czcash
    Hahaha.
    Well, played 3 games with him at cdm now.. class!
    Best cdm i have ever used!

Well, i actually play him at cm, with stay back instruction :) he stops everything and plays killer passes
  • Zakury

@Springveldt I dont need to try him because i have toty VVD and prime ferdinand. Both players are better in literally every way
  • czcash
    edited January 21

@Springveldt I dont need to try him because i have toty VVD and prime ferdinand. Both players are better in literally every way

You, sir, are either trolling or lacking what is called intelligence.
    You cannot state the quality of a card you never used.
    For me, Baresi has been great! I would rather have Baresi at cm than vvd at cb.

Try them both before you start typing, you snowsock
  • Zakury

@czcash LOOOOOL you're actually dumb

"Baresi at CM > TOTY Van Dijk"

HAHAHAHA
  • Markman007
    2634 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 21

HAHAHAHA

Hmm, you don’t seem to have understood what he wrote. He said he’d RATHER have Baresi than VVD. He did not say Baresi is better than VVD. Please read more carefully in future before calling people ‘dumb’.

And I agree with the original post—I’d rather have players I admired in real life than whoever the latest meta or OP player is. Many of us don’t actually care about that and would rather have fun, believe it or not.
  • czcash

HAHAHAHA

1: You obviously did not read my text before replying to it
    2: Yes, I would rather have Baresi at CM than TOTY vvd - to me Ramos and Varane together with IF Meunier are great in def, and theres no point of over paying for another card that doesnt strengthen me - just because it is TOTY super-meta-player
    3: I have tried both so I know what I'm talking about. You are not in a position to even comment on Baresi as you've never tried him out. Believing anything else is just...
  • Djkhalid1921
    9273 posts League Winner
    edited January 22

hes **** yes, but i believe the worst one is this because really it cant get worse than this guy :lol:

a8b48389a748e0cf19bf7a373f497e81.png
  • czcash

hes **** yes, but i believe the worst one is this because really it cant get worse than this guy :lol:

Im sure Inzaghi can do a good job if used correctly, but I agree the stats dont look great.
    Thing is, you cant just look at stats and say "he socks!" without trying the card out.

Baresi is actually very good, same goes for a few other hated Icons. Haven't tried Inzaghi tho, so in no position to comment on him.

Have you tried him?
  • Djkhalid1921
    9273 posts League Winner

Im sure Inzaghi can do a good job if used correctly, but I agree the stats dont look great.
    Thing is, you cant just look at stats and say "he socks!" without trying the card out.

Baresi is actually very good, same goes for a few other hated Icons. Haven't tried Inzaghi tho, so in no position to comment on him.

Have you tried him?

last year used his loan for 2 games and then discarded it :lol:
  • czcash

Have you tried him?

Yeah, I get that.
    But fut18 and fut19 dont really compare tho... i have found players i didnt like last year that i like now, and the other way around.
    That said, I am skeptical of inz...
  • Djkhalid1921
    9273 posts League Winner
    edited January 22

Have you tried him?

Yeah, I get that.
    But fut18 and fut19 dont really compare tho... i have found players i didnt like last year that i like now, and the other way around.

He lacks everything a st needs; no pace, no dri, no phy, not even pas, only shooting. Is he gonna just stand in one spot on the edge of the box the whole game and shoot :lol:
  • czcash

Have you tried him?

Yeah, I get that.

He lacks everything a st needs; no pace, no dri, no phy, not even pas, only shooting. Is he gonna just stand in one spot on the edge of the box the whole game and shoot :lol:

Smack an Engine on him and he will have dribbling, pace and some passing. He already has shooting. And that jumping stat should come in handy.
    Yes, no strenght tho...
    Im sure if i had him, I could make him work in some sort of role
  • Colt_seevers
    1076 posts Professional

U have absolutely no idea what your talking about pal. Why even bother commenting?

• Sterve
    577 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I like baresi loan card as cdm. However the few times he got into shooting position his shot is legit worse than a bronze goalie. I know nobody has him to bang them in but you legit cant shoot with him. Good little defender tho.