PITCH NOTES - FIFA 19 PATCH NOTES #7

Comments

• Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    EA team, when they read our posts:
    we-don-t-care-meme.jpg

That's the problem with companies if they have $800 million profit due to FIFA points, they don't care. They will only care if companies start losing money
  • wave4gods
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    fazsg17kyqe21.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/andtcj/the_real_cause_of_speedup_lag_and_button_delay/?st=JRRX6D94&sh=70a28e90

This shows the trace route of a request from my home to one of the weekendleague servers of EA located in Frankfurt, Germany.

As you can see there is a clear break in the average latency at Hop 6. This is the internal routing server of the provider of the game server (Velia.net).

Looking at the average ping might be not as revealing as looking at the graph below.

On the top graph you see the latency over 30 minutes to that specific internal routing server. The variance is incredible and out of this world. Might be more shocking for me as I'm working in the IT sector,

but even if you don't know basic stuff about the stability of the servers, just compare the top graph with the bottom graph.

The bottom graph represents the actual gameserver. It has nearly no jitter (variance of latency) and runs really stable.

But your request from your home to the gameserver is running through every single Hop, so it suffers from that horrible transfer server right before the gameserver.

Both graphs are scaled at 250ms latency (which is really unplayable in online games). The green area is 100ms (which is still pretty bad for most of us).

But the actual delay is caused by this huge variance, which can't be eleminated by the netcode of FIFA. The game has to sync between both clients and as there are so many spikes, it causes speed up lag and input delay.

This is also explaining, why the 5 green bar latency display in prematch is senseless. The gameserver itself has a great ping, but the server right before the gameserver causes delay so this should be taken in consideration, when EA gives us something like latency information.
  • JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    wave4gods wrote: »
    fazsg17kyqe21.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/andtcj/the_real_cause_of_speedup_lag_and_button_delay/?st=JRRX6D94&sh=70a28e90

This shows the trace route of a request from my home to one of the weekendleague servers of EA located in Frankfurt, Germany.

As you can see there is a clear break in the average latency at Hop 6. This is the internal routing server of the provider of the game server (Velia.net).

Looking at the average ping might be not as revealing as looking at the graph below.

On the top graph you see the latency over 30 minutes to that specific internal routing server. The variance is incredible and out of this world. Might be more shocking for me as I'm working in the IT sector,

but even if you don't know basic stuff about the stability of the servers, just compare the top graph with the bottom graph.

The bottom graph represents the actual gameserver. It has nearly no jitter (variance of latency) and runs really stable.

But your request from your home to the gameserver is running through every single Hop, so it suffers from that horrible transfer server right before the gameserver.

Both graphs are scaled at 250ms latency (which is really unplayable in online games). The green area is 100ms (which is still pretty bad for most of us).

But the actual delay is caused by this huge variance, which can't be eleminated by the netcode of FIFA. The game has to sync between both clients and as there are so many spikes, it causes speed up lag and input delay.

This is also explaining, why the 5 green bar latency display in prematch is senseless. The gameserver itself has a great ping, but the server right before the gameserver causes delay so this should be taken in consideration, when EA gives us something like latency information.

@EA_Andy any comment on the above post from EA please?
  • Alemas_2012
    13996 posts Has That Special Something
    JRM1984 wrote: »
    fazsg17kyqe21.png

"We don't comment on reddit posts".
  • hooligan87
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You've fixed the finesse shots! BUT why did you make all the other shots very accurate?! Did we ask you to do that?! We don't ask but you fix! What for? You fix one thing but spoil the other!
  • hooligan87
    181 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Fatman wrote: »
    Another terrible attempt at patching the game. U can still score finesse shots from ridiculous angles and even from facing backwards from the goal. Not really a legitimate patch.

PLEASE EA FIX THE AI DEFENDING, auto lunging (why does my manually controlled defender auto-lunge and step over the ball when i haven't pushed a button and I'm simply tracking), auto blocking shouldn't exist...its an absolute joke!!!!!

As long as there are auto-shots there should be auto-blocks! If you want to make a manual defense then the shots must be manual!
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    fazsg17kyqe21.png

Give it to the technical team
  • they patched again without saying, keeper does ridiculous mistakes again, so the defenders give the ball to opponent. u did a smart patch, then u ruined it in 1 week. so sick, not buying this anymore. bleah
  • UoD
    410 posts Sunday League Hero
    @EA_Andy - grateful if you or a member of your team would read this updated review of FIFA 19 and pass this on to the relevant people.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819255-fifa-19-re-review-how-ea-broke-its-promising-game
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    UoD wrote: »
    @EA_Andy - grateful if you or a member of your team would read this updated review of FIFA 19 and pass this on to the relevant people.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2819255-fifa-19-re-review-how-ea-broke-its-promising-game

Come on, stop being ridiculous. EA Andy can't possibly comment, that is for EA CEO to comment. Not liking the game 100%, but there are some good points to the game
  • EA_Andy
    2544 posts EA Community Manager
    fazsg17kyqe21.png

We've passed it on to the relevant people to review.
    Raydenel wrote: »
    they patched again without saying, keeper does ridiculous mistakes again, so the defenders give the ball to opponent. u did a smart patch, then u ruined it in 1 week. so sick, not buying this anymore. bleah

If there wasn't a patch then nothing has been changed. Need a patch to change gameplay.

Already done.
  • Alemas_2012
    edited February 8
    "EA even included a weekly FUT objective to not score finesse shots in multiple wins. It shouldn't have been a challenge."
    Oh yeah, I posted a thread about it. :joy:
    Usually I dislike Bleacher Report, but that article was pretty spot-on.
    I mean, I've had to study for exams for the past month, meaning no FIFA... and I really haven't missed playing it.
    Before there was always a little voice in my head saying "go play FIFA", but this past time it never really happened.
    It's just not enjoyable anymore.
    Unless you start winning matches 3-0 regularly, but then the time comes where you don't win for 4 matches in a row and you get frustrated.
    As a side-note, every gaming news site should do a re-review of FIFA, since there have been patches that have changed the gameplay completely from launch.
  • Alemas_2012
    edited February 8
    @UoD, maybe post that article in General Discussion so it gains some traction?
  • KRANG00
    1437 posts Professional

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/8234731#Comment_8234731

Already out there
  • Alemas_2012
    KRANG00 wrote: »

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/comment/8234731#Comment_8234731

Already out there

That's in XBCC though, GD would have a bigger reach.
  • UoD
    edited February 8
    Pooter wrote: »

Come on, stop being ridiculous. EA Andy can't possibly comment, that is for EA CEO to comment. Not liking the game 100%, but there are some good points to the game

Nah, the EA CEO has shareholders to think about.

Just making sure material produced by the community is seen by the community managers, but thankfully others have beat me to it.
  • MrSkittles93
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What about new graphic files? New kits for gk, gk gloves, boots?
  • Icatalin03
    52 posts Park Captain
    What about the official anthem of the Europa League?
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional

Just making sure material produced by the community is seen by the community managers, but thankfully others have beat me to it.

And what exactly can Andy do about it?
  • UoD
    edited February 12

And what exactly can Andy do about it?

@Pooter
    ...Pass it on to the relevant EA people, like I asked and he had already done.

It’s not that difficult mate - think before you type please. Make the world a better place 😉.

• JRM1984
    edited February 12
    Have you seen the latest patch announcement? What a joke :D change a load of things no one cares about and ignore the game-play issues!
  • Duncan1972
    183 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How about PTB is sorted in SB?!? Do you realise how utterly tedious that mode is now with every game the same? That’s without the blatant cheating the game does to nerf user players and buff AI ones. Utterly incredible it’s been left like this.
  • Icatalin03
    52 posts Park Captain
    What about the official anthem of the Europa League?

• Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Have you seen the latest patch announcement? What a joke :D change a load of things no one cares about and ignore the game-play issues!

Most of the game play issues I reckon, have yet to be sorted, because it doesn't take 10 second to write a piece a code to fix half the issues. About colour blindness, some people are colour blind and they can't differentiate between certain colours
  • JRM1984
    edited February 13

Most of the game play issues I reckon, have yet to be sorted, because it doesn't take 10 second to write a piece a code to fix half the issues. About colour blindness, some people are colour blind and they can't differentiate between certain colours

As a matter of fact you were speaking to one - I am colour blind and i'd rather EA sort the gameplay than mess about with pointless features (that should have already been included before release)...
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional

As a matter of fact you were speaking to one - I am colour blind and i'd rather EA sort the gameplay than mess about with pointless features (that should have already been included before release)...

That's a fair point. But there are others who like to play with the new patch because of their colour blindness
  • Are there any patch-notes for the switch version? I`ve pointed out in a post in the switch community part of this forum that the youth academy system in career mode is basically broken!!!
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    I think this site should allow us to choose a logo to show what platform everyone is using. I know the problem of PC users its going to be kind of difficult, because most PC isn't exacting standards
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Wow, we haven't had a complaint for almost a week.........

Here's one to break the deadlock, lol

Won the match in Rivals, got the MOTM, but still didn't get awarded with coins
  • Pooter
    1068 posts Professional
    Can EA fix the problem of those playing in div 7 of rivals playing against those who are playing in div 4 or 5 or maybe higher?