PITCH NOTES - FIFA 19 PATCH NOTES #7

Comments

• Icatalin03
    52 posts Park Captain
    @EA_Andy
    Chances for the official Europa League anthem in FIFA 19 exist?

• Dijkstra
    144 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Before patch, it was super boring to play Squad battle at legendary even with TF on. Now, from Squad battle to rival, i played against the same boring PTB legendary cpu. EA, plz be more professional.

- Please test your patch before releasing to massive customers. We are not paying to test if the game is balanced and waiting for your next move in 2 weeks. Did you even play your own games? If your own testers were happy about the patch, you need better ones.
    - Ai defending, gk move, rebound. No matter what, plz bring the balance back, and stablize it. We dont want to play beta anymore.
  • Hi Andy.
    It's very sad to see that this pitch update hasn't changed AI defending, I feel like this still is way too overpowered and should be nerfed instead of another attacking option.
    The second thing is that the gameplay feels sluggish in every aspect of it, this also puts a massive disadvantage for the attacking player.
    In conclusion I feel like due the fact that timed finesse shots effectively are cancelled all the other problems of this game have been exposesd.
    Fifa 19 after the most recent patch is absolutely unplayable and extremely boring.
    I hope you will do something with this feedback!
  • Hi Andy,

here a a couple of comments on the this patch (playing only carreer mode on ultimate level)

0) After the patch I played a couple of games and something was strange, not like I was used to.
    So I had to play a couple of hours to understand now the game work now, and after 7-8 hours I figured it out. That the passing game is harder and you have to work more for a goal. So for all people complaining you have to adjust the way your playing the game.

1) The A.I. defending now is very strong, which leads to fewer goals which is ok for me but on the other side my Defenders still doing next to nothing which is a litte unfair. They are not even trying to get the ball, always backup up, even if the ball is just a step away from them.

2) the goal keeper now atleast doing stuff, before that it was frustrating that even Keepers like De Gea or Neuer always got stupid goals in. So I think the goal keeping is ok for now.

3) The pass play is much harder now, since the A.I. Defenders intercept much more passes then in any other Fifa version I played over the last couple of years (prior to this patch).
    Which makes the game harder to play but if you think about it, now its more of an challenge then before.
    Prior to the Patch in December, I closed my Season with FC Bayern with 34-0-0 Victories and scored 340 - 14 goals doing so, which at the end was becoming boring, now its harder so I think it will make more fun (and more work) at the end.

4) The timed shots, I realy don't care since it did not make a difference before and now a shot can get
    in regardless if the bar is green or not.

5) So in summary the new patch is ok, the game is playable again, but It take time to re-learn how you have to play the game. So for the next patch, please don#t change so much fundamentle stuff that we have to train our self again and again. Its almost like I bought an completely different game, that I have to figure out again.

6) Any finaly I have some wishes for future Fifa versions/patches (carreer mode only).

a) Bring back the Under 21 Sqaurd so that we don#t have so many young player inside the roster. They always complain that they want to play. I read somewhere that this feature was in earlier versions of Fifa and was removed. We really need a "Farm Team" for the young players which are not really ready yet but we want to keep.

b) Why is the number off save game slots limited, which each version of Fifa the number of slots are getting smaller and smaller. Please stop that, let us decide you much space we#re wasting on save games

c) Fix some smaller glitches that are in the game since Fifa 16

c1) National team selection players their are two position wrong if you select ZDM you get RF and vice versa {ZDM (German) = CDM (English) dont know what RF is in english}

c2) In the display for "Bundesliga" games, if you click to fast before an corner or penalty shot the display of the score board is messed up. The space requiered the show the team names and score nolonger fit or the display is completly gone.

d) Lend Players: If you want to lend players and you get an over I always have to switch the player from lend to transfer before accepting the over of the other team, this is the only way I found that the player accept the offer. If I forget this, the deal always gets refused by the player.

e) Buying players: If I over one of my players in exchange for their player the price allmost all the time goes up. Which is stupid I offer them a player and money so the price should get done.

f) Contract deals: The status of the player inside you squard is not negotiable, if an player (for example) demands to be an "Key" player you can not settle him down to "Important", not even by offering him more money.

g) If player reach a certain age they start lossing so much strength that is senceless to keep got players over the age of 30. Its a shame since its 100% unrealistic. Ok Left/Right Wingers can lose stamina if they reach a certain age but they stark losing almost every thing, like speed, header, passing and so on. Its almost like they celebrate the 30 birthday with so much alcohol that half their brain is gone and now they don#t know how to pass a ball anymore. Please fix this, think about Tom Brady he is close to 100 years old :) and will be Superbowl MVP this sunday. In Fifa he would have an OVR Value of 1 or less.

Finaly let me say, I#m sorry for the hateful thinks I wrong in december, but I really was angry with you guys at EA, I know this Is a complex game, millions of millions of lines of code, but if you introduce an bug you should immediately undo it and bring an hotfix out, and not wait 6-8 weeks before your new scheduled update.

regards
    Arne
  • Cbn
    463 posts Sunday League Hero
    How long we have to ask to nerf AI defending until its fixed?
  • Pooter
    1069 posts Professional
    My catalogue levels isn't being updated to my xp levels

I'm currently on level 64 and yet my catalogue only goes up to 51
  • Pooter
    1069 posts Professional
    Cbn wrote: »

I think EA should take a more heavier stance on those who snipe and those who use coin boosters sites rather fix the so called AI defending problem. If people can score 8 against me, then AI defending isn't a problem, maybe your tactics
  • Raydenel
    17 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 2
    i wont buy this stupid game next year, or never ever, the game was ok with new patch, but little "cats" started to cry all day they cant do everything now, they cant score easy goals like on begginer dificulty anymore, so ea did a quick patch yesterday, and put no notes on it, now, except ai defending and some nerf finese, everything is back, keeper punch the ball cu alone other side striket again, defenders doesnt clear how they should anymore, and stupid long shots goes in again. is just ridiculous, ppl, learn to adapt to a game, not to cry all the day on all social networks. last week i was able to gold1, and 1 game close to elite 3 with new patch, now this week im not sure im doing gold3 couse everyone scores stupid goals again. is so sick
  • Mills110
    19 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 2
    This update has completely ruined Squad Battles, which was already broken. Some of us enjoy playing low pressure games against the CPU as a little break and now that is totally removed. It doesn't matter what the opposing team's rating is, they will defend like gods. I'm losing or going to PKs vs 70 rated teams with 50 chem and crushing 86 rated teams with 100 chem, it just depends on whether the game decides it wants to let in goals or not. You should be able to go into a squad battle against a vastly inferior team and know that its not going to be hard. Not saying a free win, but it shouldn't be like pulling teeth to get 1 or 2 goals against bad teams. I already know I wasn't great at this game, but I was getting better and now I feel like absolute trash when I lose to a team full of silver and bronze players after hitting the post 8 or 9 times throughout the game and they get 1 shot that of course goes in. I know trolls out there will just say I need to get better, which is true, but this is a freaking game and we shouldn't need to invest hours and hours into practicing everytime EA decides to completely change the game. FIFA 20 just went from automatic preorder for me to possibly not even buying at all.
    Post edited by Mills110 on
  • Mills110 wrote: »
    FIFA 20 just went from automatic preorder for me to possibly not even buying at all.

And I'm definitely not spending money on packs anymore, no reason to hope for a random, already super unlikey, high rated player that might not fit my team and might not even be good in game anymore thanks to the update. Especially on defense, why spend 100,000 coins on a defender when I'll get just as good results from guys going for 10,000 or less.
  • KnightRider1804
    90 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pooter wrote: »
    Cbn wrote: »

I think EA should take a more heavier stance on those who snipe and those who use coin boosters sites rather fix the so called AI defending problem. If people can score 8 against me, then AI defending isn't a problem, maybe your tactics

I believe they should fix the god damn gameplay that lags every freaking match and nobody will give a shhhhhh about sniping anymore. They will be playing the game!
  • Pooter
    1069 posts Professional
    Mills110 wrote: »
    This update has completely ruined Squad Battles, which was already broken. Some of us enjoy playing low pressure games against the CPU as a little break and now that is totally removed. It doesn't matter what the opposing team's rating is, they will defend like gods. I'm losing or going to PKs vs 70 rated teams with 50 chem and crushing 86 rated teams with 100 chem, it just depends on whether the game decides it wants to let in goals or not. You should be able to go into a squad battle against a vastly inferior team and know that its not going to be hard. Not saying a free win, but it shouldn't be like pulling teeth to get 1 or 2 goals against bad teams. I already know I wasn't great at this game, but I was getting better and now I feel like absolute trash when I lose to a team full of silver and bronze players after hitting the post 8 or 9 times throughout the game and they get 1 shot that of course goes in. I know trolls out there will just say I need to get better, which is true, but this is a freaking game and we shouldn't need to invest hours and hours into practicing everytime EA decides to completely change the game. FIFA 20 just went from automatic preorder for me to possibly not even buying at all.

EA has broken SB weeks ago. I think they did up the ante with the AI. Its ridiculously hard now. I played a team full of bronze on Ultimate, you would have thought that any given day that anyone could win that, even a 5 year old. Single season has made Real Madrid more or less impossible to play with. Though I did beat them a few days ago
  • Pooter
    1069 posts Professional
    My players can't even tackle anymore, and yet people want defenders to be nerfed
  • Pooter
    1069 posts Professional
    I've had two disconnections in the WL at 0-0 because they can't break down my defence, bit unfair to be honest that I can't get a win out of that, knowing that I'm getting slaughtered in most matches
  • Pooter
    1069 posts Professional
    I've actually captured an offside in my own half

I bought this game to have some enjoyment, not to pull my hair out
  • Pooter
    1069 posts Professional
    I see now that the game is changing settings on its own. Ridiculous

Had some of my controls on assisted, yet it changed to semi and some settings to manual
  • Dear EA,

is it just me, but when im playing Squad battles, on worldclass or professional, all their players ( even bronze or silver rated players) plays like ronaldo's, like im playing against team Christiano ronaldo, they allways outrun you, its not even fun anymore because its to hard to even to win by 1-0 :neutral:
  • Pooter
    1069 posts Professional
    DarkSauron wrote: »
    Dear EA,

is it just me, but when im playing Squad battles, on worldclass or professional, all their players ( even bronze or silver rated players) plays like ronaldo's, like im playing against team Christiano ronaldo, they allways outrun you, its not even fun anymore because its to hard to even to win by 1-0 :neutral:

No, it's not you, its just the AI from Pro level is a lot harder no matter what team you have. It may be that the people who put the team together, not EA, seem to know a lot more than we do about some player's abilities, and that somehow they are better than the specials and rare gold players

I couldn't beat a team on Ultimate AI, rated 60 chem around 16, and I'm still trying to figure out myself why I lost that match, when a few months ago, I did the same, play Ultimate against a bronze team. So maybe they have upped the level of the AI too much in recent weeks to be honest I think
  • marius2929 wrote: »
    Hi , about this patch , i would like to start with the fact that this year EA Sports came with a inovation , time finishing , and i know that i should not complain , but as i noticed the game will be unbalanced. Yes , it was easy to score goals , but also the shots could easily be saved by moving your goalkeeper , but is not all about time finishing , the point is that normal finess shot is totally ruined , i mean you can not even score a goal with it. Yes i can adapt to a new game style , but i dont think is fair to remove it because i worked and practised a lot to learn time finishing. For the lower skill players is ok to remove time finishing , because they won't lose like usually. The driven shot from Fifa 18 is nerfed and after this patch time finishing will be too , and how are we supposed to score goals.It was just my opinion and i hope that you may consider it and to try to fix something

• After playing under this patch, as much as I love fifa and agree that timed finessing needed to be nerf, because it was out of control the crazy angles players was scoring from. You managed to fix one aspect of the game without paying attention to other problems that’s going to arise and creating a fair and balance solution. As off lately the new meta in the game is to drop back and put all the players in the box, let the AI do the defending. Cmon man. It’s cool, it’s an aspect or tactic that could exist in real soccer, but also in real soccer there is no AI to help a human defend. You already have the contain button in the game. Why should defensive AI be a thing then 🤦🏽‍♂️. This is suppose to be a competitive game meaning my skill vs my opponent it shouldn’t be left to the Defensive AI to determine the out come of a game. As for passing and tactics I don’t understand how players can soak up all of the attack and as soon as they get the ball the go on the fastest of counter attacks. There should be build up in the game if you gone sit back all the way to the box and pull all your players in the box the harder it should be to go on a counter attack. That’s how it works in real life. My third point on attack an mechanics, the ping pong type of passing in this game, CMON man the opposite of defending players hold the LB or L1 button use the regular pass button creating a ping pong effect of passing, with players overrunning into spaces, and for some reason when this is going on you cannot manually intercept passes, if your player your controlling is in the correct space to intercept the pass, he would not intercept. Cause you have to leave it in the hands of the defensive AI. Players should rewarded more for manually defending more than defending with the AI, just like in madden when it highlights USER PICK. Meaning I manually stole the ball. Defensive AI should not be a thing, if the A button exist in the game. My last gripe online games should clearly be on the user. Assisted shooting should not even exist anymore for online games, scoring should be on the user not being assisted by the AI when playing online we all been playing fifa for at least two iterations of FIFA. All we want is fair game of FIFA. With balance and realistic tactics. It’s common sense. “If someone is in high pressure, ok I should switch to long ball and push my defense up out more, not stay in park the bus” to the flip end “he is in park the buss let me open up push my full backs up to get more chances. Etc. as the game stands now it’s just a park the bus, and counter attack game with players not defending on their own, depending on the Defensive AI cause it’s overpowered. CMON man. EA we want fifa to be good, realistic and fun, we love the game. But you are making it hard to love. #Balancethegameentirely#
  • tomw777
    27 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @EA_Andy
    Can you sort out the problem in career mode where created players disappear in the 2nd season.
  • JRM1984
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @EA_Andy how many more times does everyone have to ask for AI defending to be reduced properly before anyone at EA takes any notice?
  • Hello everyone, I wanted to know when they will update the roses with the winter transfers ?. Thank you
  • Mills110
    19 posts Ball Boy
    edited February 4
    DarkSauron wrote: »
    Dear EA,

It's not you at all, there is now no difference between the 4 squad battle teams you get in terms of defense. Also the other team's chemistry doesn't matter nearly as much as their rating, although I think that was already broken before the patch. I think part of the problem is the lower rated teams play much more conservatively since they're aware that they're significant underdogs. They're just going to sit back and defend, which honestly does make sense in both real football and FIFA but makes for a terribly boring and frustrating game. We're also back to previous years when if you score 1 goal, the other team totally opens up and it's significantly easier to score. I dont necessarily have a problem with that because I obviously enjoy actually being able to score and it makes sense that they would open up trying to get back into the game but its a little too extreme. On the flip side, if the other team scores first then good luck breaking them down. Again I understand this makes sense tactically, but the games are much more predictable and boring as a result.
    Post edited by Mills110 on
  • Pooter
    1069 posts Professional
    Do you think that if a person quits or disconnects straight after I score a goal that a weekly objective of scoring two goals in Rivals should at least be registered? This isn't my fault. I'm not blaming EA for anything for what people do, but trying to complete an objective can be hard at times.

I know that many people don't bother about objectives, but some do
  • Pooter wrote: »
    Do you think that if a person quits or disconnects straight after I score a goal that a weekly objective of scoring two goals in Rivals should at least be registered? This isn't my fault. I'm not blaming EA for anything for what people do, but trying to complete an objective can be hard at times.

Yeah I think you should get credit if they obviously just rage quit. You should get a 3-0 win just like any other forfeit
  • wave4gods
    44 posts Last Pick at the Park
    WHEN IS THE NEXT UPDATE ????
    This one is absolutely horrible , makes no sense what so ever ! AI Defending is the MAIN STREAM defense, u can see witch player the opponent is controlling, when u se the player marker running towards own goal, leaving the other players to defend like super stars !! hahahaha... This game is so sweet and super fun to play, but the the opponent is only playing the game like it was a supe heavy tekken combo, it makes no sense.

And one more thing !!! When u are playing against a moron, and he quits during celebrating goals, dont know how it works, unplugs the cable, turns off his modem??. No idea, i always end up with MATCH DRAW !!! HOW THE h*** is that even possible ??????

Come on EA!! U Make more money than the united state goverment, stop taking the **** !
  • Pooter
    1069 posts Professional
    Mills110 wrote: »
    Pooter wrote: »

Yeah I think you should get credit if they obviously just rage quit. You should get a 3-0 win just like any other forfeit

Agreed, yet if they are losing 3-0 then I don't mind them quitting
  • I deleted my account and that of the child, this is not a game of fun.
    it's a parody
  • MrSkittles93
    137 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    EA team, when they read our posts:
    we-don-t-care-meme.jpg