Toty Marcelo + Toty Varane or Toty Kante?

castleuy
63 posts Park Captain
Hi guys, currently sitting on 2.6mm and thinking about upgrade defensively.

Current squad is:
Cr7
Mbappe - toty messi - toty neymar
Pogba - kante
Sandro - ramos - varane - tif lala
Courtois

Would you upgrade kante? Or varane/Marcelo is a better choice? Or something else?

Thanks mates

Comments

• Delvinho
    968 posts Professional
    Personally would go Varane and Marcelo but have only used Marcelo and Kante in draft. Varanes pace makes him next level if he wasn’t already that
  • Antiseen
    1310 posts Professional
    Sandro is already great for lb spot.

Go for toty varane + TOTY Ramos. They both are great upgrades. Gonna make you feel a lot more confident in defence
  • johnlaker62
    1214 posts Professional
    I’m actually contimplating the same thing. I have seen most kante owners praise his offensive ability over the nif and if, but his defensive ability feels the same. So if you’re going for a cdm then kante probably isn’t worth the coins. I sold Van Dijk toty and I’m trying to pick up varane for 1.5. Marcelo is at 1 mil but I think Sandro is as good defensively and putting all of that into a lb seems inefficient.
  • BladesManSUFC
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    Kante all day! I have his TOTY and he’s insane! That 90 pace tracking back to win the ball is a game changer... he can also turn like Messi and even his shooting is good when it’s needed
  • Professor
    1345 posts Professional
    I had Toty Varane and bought him to afford Toty Kante and I would say Kante is a bigger gamechanger. Varanes gold is already very OP but the passing range and shooting upgrade on Kante are night and day.

That being said I also own Marcelo who I play out of position as a CM and he is hands down the best cm I've used, and ive used a lot old top players
  • Eroberto
    1374 posts Professional
    Antiseen wrote: »

Go for toty varane + TOTY Ramos. They both are great upgrades. Gonna make you feel a lot more confident in defence

This. It doesn’t get any better than this pairing.
  • castleuy
    63 posts Park Captain

That would be perfect but no budget for that pair. Even Ramos is around 2mill and varane 1.5mill.

Ramos toty looks sick tbh but don't think I can afford them both.

Any other suggestions?
  • castleuy
    63 posts Park Captain
    Does anyone tried prime matthaus?
  • johnlaker62
    1214 posts Professional
    castleuy wrote: »
    Does anyone tried prime matthaus?

Apparently he is amazing this year. In a 41212(2) he is as good as it gets for either cm position. I wouldn’t buy him for cdm - way less effective there.

I will be doing either him or Vieira. It depends which sbc comes out first
  • Antiseen
    1310 posts Professional

That would be perfect but no budget for that pair. Even Ramos is around 2mill and varane 1.5mill.

Ramos toty looks sick tbh but don't think I can afford them both.

Any other suggestions?

Toty varane and 89/prime Blanc
  • castleuy
    63 posts Park Captain
    Hi guys, currently sitting on 2.6mm and thinking about upgrade defensively.

Current squad is:
    Cr7
    Mbappe - toty messi - toty neymar
    Pogba - kante
    Sandro - ramos - varane - tif lala
    Courtois

Would you upgrade kante? Or varane/Marcelo is a better choice? Or something else?

Thanks mates

One last question and I promise not to bump anymore xD...

Would you sell toty messi and buy gullit (90 I guess for the coin value) to partner kante and then toty kdb as a ccam in Messi spot?

That idea just came up

• The_Mercillus
    139 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The fact that you are debating it makes me think messi isn’t a huge game changer 🤔