What’s the deal with Aguero?

Alex_cr
4864 posts Big Money Move
I cannot make anything happen with this guy! Current record is 3 in 18! I’ve never had that bad a return on a striker!

Isn’t he supposed to be decent?

Comments

• Renamed123456
    4089 posts National Call-Up
    That's quite odd. Aguero is pure money for me.

Prolific money making body burying eat up everything goalscorer.

The only time he misses is when the game is being "weird"
  • Alex_cr
    That's quite odd. Aguero is pure money for me.

Prolific money making body burying eat up everything goalscorer.

The only time he misses is when the game is being "weird"

I don’t know what it is but I literally cannot even get an opportunity with him. So strange.
  • Boysie91
    8195 posts League Winner
    Maybe he is a bit slow for this time in the game
  • Alex_cr
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Maybe he is a bit slow for this time in the game

I mean he’s 85 I think. That’s ok. To be honest I’m pretty sure I could put my keeper up top and he’d do more!
  • Torn4do
    673 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have him and will never swap him out, what settings do you have on him?

I have get in behind and stay up front!

600 games and 515 goals, not as good as many players would have with him but I’m only level 5 DR
  • Riggs006
    882 posts Semi-Pro
    He's been really good for me, the best PL striker option in my opinion. 120k for a player like Aguero is definitely worth it, if you can get the best out of him he's one of the best NIF ST's on the game easily.
  • Renamed123456
    I wanna say it depends on how you use him, but Aguero is one of those players who is probably can be used typically like anyone uses their striker just holding sprint and using sweaty game exploits.

I play a possession football but I use him how I use fast agile strikers.

Are you getting shots with him? Is he getting into positions for you??

Is it the finishing that a problem or the positioning??
  • Fifafuthed
    646 posts An Exciting Prospect
    CF in 4 4 1 1. Awesome.
  • Alex_cr
    Torn4do wrote: »
    I have him and will never swap him out, what settings do you have on him?

I have get in behind and stay up front!

600 games and 515 goals, not as good as many players would have with him but I’m only level 5 DR

Don’t have instructions at the moment. I’ll give it a go! He has just scored for me so that’s 4 in 19 😂
  • Alex_cr
    Riggs006 wrote: »
    He's been really good for me, the best PL striker option in my opinion. 120k for a player like Aguero is definitely worth it, if you can get the best out of him he's one of the best NIF ST's on the game easily.

I really want to like him as he’s untradeable!
  • Alex_cr
    I wanna say it depends on how you use him, but Aguero is one of those players who is probably can be used typically like anyone uses their striker just holding sprint and using sweaty game exploits.

I play a possession football but I use him how I use fast agile strikers.

Are you getting shots with him? Is he getting into positions for you??

Is it the finishing that a problem or the positioning??

Don’t really feel like he’s getting in to scoring positions
  • Riggs006
    882 posts Semi-Pro
    Alex_cr wrote: »

Always makes it tough when you have a decent player untradeable because you feel like you have to use them but it's always more frustrating when they don't play as well as you'd hoped and you can't just sell them instead!

Are you playing him on his own or in a front 2?
  • Alex_cr

Always makes it tough when you have a decent player untradeable because you feel like you have to use them but it's always more frustrating when they don't play as well as you'd hoped and you can't just sell them instead!

In a 2 at the moment. To be fair he’s got 2 in his last 2 so maybe we’re getting somewhere!
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yeah his shooting isnt good.
    Players like aubamayang have something extra to their shooting which aguero for some reason hasnt got.
  • limjitwe
    6739 posts Big Money Move
    Strangely I’ve used Aguero 3 times.

I packed him twice.

Anyway first one I used, he was like yours. He had like 4 goals in 17-19 games. Couldn’t even score a free header from 4 yards. Sold him on.

The next one I packed. Did well and scored like 12 in 16 before I sold for coins. Rebought him later when his price tanked. Scored around 20 in 27/28 games for him.

Just blast it with him. Don’t try to finesse
  • Riggs006
    882 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 21

In a 2 at the moment. To be fair he’s got 2 in his last 2 so maybe we’re getting somewhere!

I find he works well in a front 2 and having a good passer at CM/CAM behind helps as well but if he's got 2 in 2 then keep doing what you're doing and hopefully it's the start of things to come :p
  • Renamed123456
    Maybe he needs to settle in.

I'm not even joking.

I bought Firmino eyes wide full of hope. He felt boring. Lazy. Wasn't getting headers. Was disappointed. Then later on I suddenly noticed guy was just in the right position to finish. He was in a 2 ST pairing with Aguero.

My Aguero is always get in behind. And usually "stay central" but I have him on Balanced width now to try encourage Hazard through at CAM.
  • Renamed123456
    Who's your usual type of striker ??
  • Alex_cr
    Maybe he needs to settle in.

I'm not even joking.

I bought Firmino eyes wide full of hope. He felt boring. Lazy. Wasn't getting headers. Was disappointed. Then later on I suddenly noticed guy was just in the right position to finish. He was in a 2 ST pairing with Aguero.

My Aguero is always get in behind. And usually "stay central" but I have him on Balanced width now to try encourage Hazard through at CAM.

I think sometimes you have to get used to a player. To be fair my team is fairly average at the minute as I’ve sold up and only got untradeables.
  • Alex_cr
    Who's your usual type of striker ??

I’m one of those that switches all the time. My main strikers have been Josef and Ibra. Used FB Sturridge a lot earlier - using him again at the moment.
  • He's awful this year i agree
  • Alex_cr
    Alright well 6 in 6 now so I’m gonna put it down to user error 😂😂😂