FS: What EA Did Wrong

Robinflex
1893 posts Fans' Favourite
First of all: I think the whole Future Stars thing is a great idea, but... EA ❤️❤️❤️❤️ up, like they always do.

It makes no sense just give out random cards with such high ratings for no reason.

What they should’ve done is make the rating go up by playing a certain amount of goals/making a certain amount of goals/completing objectives.

That makes playing with that certain player fun, ‘cause you’re the one in control of his upgrades.

Ah well, it was wishful thinking. Good for EA they made money. Again...

Comments

• MHoney1234
    10339 posts Has That Special Something
    Robinflex wrote: »
    First of all: I think the whole Future Stars thing is a great idea, but... EA **** up, like they always do.

It makes no sense just give out random cards with such high ratings for no reason.

What they should’ve done is make the rating go up by playing a certain amount of goals/making a certain amount of goals/completing objectives.

That makes playing with that certain player fun, ‘cause you’re the one in control of his upgrades.

Ah well, it was wishful thinking. Good for EA they made money. Again...

Should have been released with lower ratings in October and you could grind the ratings. Instead EA are so far behind with their financial projections they forgotten the gameplay is utter dross and just decided to concentrate on selling packs. This is the most desperate promo I’ve ever seen in any game.
  • SC_Nankatsu_Mr_Vu
    325 posts Sunday League Hero

It does- selling more packs. But i agree, this is BS one week after TOTY
  • Glupi86
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special

It does- selling more packs. But i agree, this is BS one week after TOTY

Indeed. of course it makes sense (*** people spending FP on packs = all they matter)
  • Eroberto
    1523 posts Play-Off Hero
    Totally agree. This should have been cards that increase over time based on using them and meeting objectives or if they wanted to release these cards with the ratings they gave each player then it should have been done after tots cause every card is already high rated after tots and it Wouldn’t have effected the cards of already proven players. This was a clear cash grab. Why else would they release these cards with these ratings this early in the cycle? They missed their revenue mark with toty and they needed to release meta cards to sell packs to make up the
    Difference.
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    I thought that’s how they were being released. I’m guessing I misread something as I thought they have only been released at these stats to show you what’s achievable if they reach full potential. I thought the ratings would drop after a period and then You have to earn the upgrades. Damn man can’t you tell I’ve not slept in 4 days....