New Meta first time power shots

Toshevv
1033 posts Professional
What do you think? Since the incoming nerf to finesse I am trying to play more with power shots and first time power shots.. I must say its working rather well.. To be honest every dog knows to move the GK especially where u are far right or far left..

But blasting power shots is really effective.. Worst case scenario u get a corner

Especially if the player has 99 shot power 99 finishing..

Comments

• BorussenBernie09
    1823 posts Play-Off Hero
    What's Powershot? R1+L1 (RB+LB on Box?)?
  • DarthGrowler
    16208 posts World Class

Yah
  • Certified_Baller
    555 posts An Exciting Prospect

I think he means timed power shots
  • Recoba
    4384 posts National Call-Up
    New meta is el tornado crossing.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up

I think he means just regular old first time shots with some power on.
    Like pass > shoot.

If so, I think first times are pretty good no matter if you’re using power or finesse. So yeah.
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    Just holding down the button to 3 bars and unleashing it.. If you can timed finish it even better...

Since everybody is expecting a finesse shot you blast normal power shots ..

R1+L1 is good if u are near post so u shoot opposite..

I just find power shots soo good now.. Everybody is moving the GK so Finesse shot is not that op anymore but powering them through nothing can be done about it

• Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    FCBlunt wrote: »

Like pass > shoot.

If so, I think first times are pretty good no matter if you’re using power or finesse. So yeah.

@FCBlunt

First time op everywhere but power shotting with 99 shot power players leave Gk no chance even if he moves the GK u still score if u are close ..
  • Recoba
    Powershot is L2
  • Navraat
    3672 posts National Call-Up
    It went from first time finesse shots far post, to now near post power shots due to people expecting finesse shots.

Double bluff is real now. At high level you have 1-2 chances per half and you still have to play mind games after that

• Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    Recoba wrote: »
    Powershot is L2

@Recoba
    Dont u use L2 for better controll of the power shot?

I blast them without it and everything goes in if the guy is 99 finsihign 99 shot power and with hunter most attackers are
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    Navraat wrote: »
    It went from first time finesse shots far post, to now near post power shots due to people expecting finesse shots.

Double bluff is real now. At high level you have 1-2 chances per half and you still have to play mind games after that

@Navraat
    Exactly when I am in position to score I am thinking

What the GK is gonna do ? I am not even watching the defenders i just wait to see if he is moving..

THey shoudl just nerf finesse and remove GK control
  • ICE_UP_SON
    664 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Been doing great with power shots this weekend league using FB Zlatan and TOTY De Bruyne. So many quit outs as well after they move the goalie anticipating a finesse shot.
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    Toshevv wrote: »
    FCBlunt wrote: »

Like pass > shoot.

@FCBlunt

First time op everywhere but power shotting with 99 shot power players leave Gk no chance even if he moves the GK u still score if u are close ..

Who are you using up front?
  • GoonerJoe88
    1124 posts Professional
    They work even better if the 1st time long shot comes from a through ball. ;)
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    I find sometimes this ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is the worse shot to mistime, even slightly.

I was at penalty spot distance slightly mistimed with Perisic and it didn't even go for goal kick.

I have been using and scoring them in front of goal though.
  • Renamed123456
    I hit one off a through ball so hard it came out the TV and smashed a hole in my wall.
  • Renamed123456
    I hope they're not nerfing first timed finesse in the box???

As that would be ridiculous.
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    @Renamed123456
    Yea its total disgrace..

I can mistime a finesse shot and it will still go in/hit the post or get a corner..

Mistime a normal shot and the guy doesnt even hit it ..
  • Recoba
    Lol
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    What do you think? Since the incoming nerf to finesse I am trying to play more with power shots and first time power shots.. I must say its working rather well.. To be honest every dog knows to move the GK especially where u are far right or far left..

But blasting power shots is really effective.. Worst case scenario u get a corner

Especially if the player has 99 shot power 99 finishing..

Have to agree, its working pretty well
  • Toshevv
    1033 posts Professional
    Its very boring thou.. When opponents park the buss the AI Blocks tons of shots ...I dont really concede and havent lost but everygame is park the buss and trying to cross... then
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    edited January 2019
    Its very boring thou.. When opponents park the buss the AI Blocks tons of shots ...I dont really concede and havent lost but everygame is park the buss and trying to cross... then

The game is actually the same, just every year a new op mechanims to promote a new game, why does it have all the same bugs/glitches over years? Same engine and on the top the mighty servers, i guess they need to build i totally new game and/or buying new servers or we gonna see similar gameplay over the next years.
  • Latanaka
    911 posts Professional
    edited January 2019

• alvchong
    1591 posts Play-Off Hero
    Isn't L1 + R1 driven shot? I saw people saying heading also apply L1 +R1 to be powerful. Is it true there is driven heading?
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bump
  • TheDinhoKid10
    1319 posts Play-Off Hero
    First touch power shots have always been good in any fifa. This is nothing new.

Ya’ll are just so used to abusing one thing and you think thats the only thing that works.

Btw. Stop saying meta.
  • Noob_FC
    3151 posts National Call-Up
    For me normal shot is also effective. Just press shoot when u face the goal... Have just used timed finesse 1ce and 1 timed shot... So thats 2/7... Norma shots usually go in if u r close to the goal and face the goal
  • Don_seanado
    511 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The new meta is stop trying to find a Meta and just play the god almighty game. It's so embarrassing seeing everyone trying to clamor for an exploit. Like honestly, the nerf on finesses isn't even that huge so long as you're in a good position and good angle. Secondly timed finesses have the same margin of error as timed power so if power shots are still effective, so are timed finesses. So much overreaction, not enough reading and understanding.
  • HH_Zorillo
    478 posts Sunday League Hero
    So much incorrect info being thrown around here.
  • DeanoZoff
    4732 posts National Call-Up
    The new meta is stop trying to find a Meta and just play the god almighty game. It's so embarrassing seeing everyone trying to clamor for an exploit. Like honestly, the nerf on finesses isn't even that huge so long as you're in a good position and good angle. Secondly timed finesses have the same margin of error as timed power so if power shots are still effective, so are timed finesses. So much overreaction, not enough reading and understanding.

Very well said sir

I am fed up of seeing this stupid community asking what is meta or trying to tell us something is meta.

"i scored a header today with Ibra, heading is the new meta"

The guy is 6ft5 and built like a building, yea i think he might be alright in the air.