Prime Baresi or Future star Gomez?

1
Tboon
2438 posts Fans' Favourite
Baresi (loan) was performing outstanding for me. Together with potm VVD he was playing incredible in my PL team.

But Joe Gomez looks also very good, but he's more expensive than Baresi.

Who's the best choice? Joe Gomez because of his height, pace and defending statts? Or Baresi whos also very good and maybe usefull for future icons sbc's...

Comments

  • Zakury
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Baresi is not a good defender at the top level of the game. Anyone who knows how to use Get In Behind or Targetman effectively will destroy him. I'm getting tired of explaining this but there's a reason 85 Ferdinand is 800k and 93 Baresi is 500k. He's a noobtrap
  • Batman_Llanber
    1179 posts Professional
    Baresi, did him for 200k with stuff i had in the club already
  • Tboon
    2438 posts Fans' Favourite
    Zakury wrote: »
    Baresi is not a good defender at the top level of the game. Anyone who knows how to use Get In Behind or Targetman effectively will destroy him. I'm getting tired of explaining this but there's a reason 85 Ferdinand is 800k and 93 Baresi is 500k. He's a noobtrap

    I understand what you're saying and I never thought I would consider to buy a player like Baresi, but after 20 games with his loan card I'm fan of him. His interceptions are extremely good and funny enough he wins many headers... did you already tried his loan card? :)
  • Layton8212
    1501 posts Play-Off Hero
    Zakury wrote: »
    Baresi is not a good defender at the top level of the game. Anyone who knows how to use Get In Behind or Targetman effectively will destroy him. I'm getting tired of explaining this but there's a reason 85 Ferdinand is 800k and 93 Baresi is 500k. He's a noobtrap

    Cannavaro is the same height and a few pros use him, hes just under a mil now. Baresi isnt a sought after icon thats the reason behind the price, everyone wants Rio hence the price. Dont knock a card til youve tried it
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13082 posts Has That Special Something
    de Ligt next to van Dijk
  • jonkero
    5206 posts Big Money Move
    de Ligt next to van Dijk

    Can't wait for tots de jong
  • Zakury
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Layton8212 wrote: »
    Zakury wrote: »
    Baresi is not a good defender at the top level of the game. Anyone who knows how to use Get In Behind or Targetman effectively will destroy him. I'm getting tired of explaining this but there's a reason 85 Ferdinand is 800k and 93 Baresi is 500k. He's a noobtrap

    Cannavaro is the same height and a few pros use him, hes just under a mil now. Baresi isnt a sought after icon thats the reason behind the price, everyone wants Rio hence the price. Dont knock a card til youve tried it

    @Layton8212 Because Cannavaro is fast lol, your argument is ridiculous, prime baresi has way more status than base ferdinand, he's cheap because no one wants him
  • Springveldt
    4593 posts National Call-Up
    Zakury wrote: »
    Baresi is not a good defender at the top level of the game. Anyone who knows how to use Get In Behind or Targetman effectively will destroy him. I'm getting tired of explaining this but there's a reason 85 Ferdinand is 800k and 93 Baresi is 500k. He's a noobtrap
    Good job I don't play at the top level of the game then...
  • Navraat
    3298 posts National Call-Up
    Cannavaro has high jumping and is very fast though
  • Zakury
    694 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Zakury wrote: »
    Baresi is not a good defender at the top level of the game. Anyone who knows how to use Get In Behind or Targetman effectively will destroy him. I'm getting tired of explaining this but there's a reason 85 Ferdinand is 800k and 93 Baresi is 500k. He's a noobtrap
    Good job I don't play at the top level of the game then...

    @Springveldt ok cool stay beta my guy
  • Colt_seevers
    1106 posts Professional
    Baresi’s a very decent defender. Don’t understand the fascination with pace on a cb, like half the guys who play Fifa play low depth so their cb’s rarely move much further than the edge of the box anyway
  • Springveldt
    4593 posts National Call-Up
    Zakury wrote: »
    Zakury wrote: »
    Baresi is not a good defender at the top level of the game. Anyone who knows how to use Get In Behind or Targetman effectively will destroy him. I'm getting tired of explaining this but there's a reason 85 Ferdinand is 800k and 93 Baresi is 500k. He's a noobtrap
    Good job I don't play at the top level of the game then...

    @Springveldt ok cool stay beta my guy
    I also don't own Baresi, I've done the loan to see if he is any good or not.

    His reactions are stupidly high for a defender, I'm betting they help him.
  • So for his low price his is decent and again, you can put into another SBC later on.

    There is really no reason not to do him.
    (Unless you're out of money ofc)
  • ILBOMBA
    1042 posts Professional
    Run baresi in this wl. He is good. Got him for 100k
  • holdenwait
    56267 posts National Treasure
    ILBOMBA wrote: »
    Run baresi in this wl. He is good. Got him for 100k

    same, 6-1 atm with lots of clean sheets, him and POTM VVD are shutting teams down no problem.
  • GreezyWeezyLDN
    1323 posts Professional
    Gomes fit's the game better
  • Zero_velocity
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Got baresi and very happy with him. People that say no pro’s use him....does t really matter? None of us are pro’s! And they play most boring, repetitive football ever.
  • maksi
    6602 posts Big Money Move
    Zakury wrote: »
    Baresi is not a good defender at the top level of the game.
    So he's good enough for 99% of players you're saying?

  • Hamzy_LFC
    2113 posts Fans' Favourite
    Baresi is decent to a certain extend but come up against FB ibra or Raul he’s finished.
  • If you had neither Baresi, Gomez or potm VVD and had just about enough players to do one of them in your club, which would you go for out of the 3 ? To partner Sanchez
  • holdenwait
    56267 posts National Treasure
    If you had neither Baresi, Gomez or potm VVD and had just about enough players to do one of them in your club, which would you go for out of the 3 ? To partner Sanchez

    VVD.. because he should get a winter upgrade as well.
    Baresi is great but i'm mainly using him until he's needed for another icon sbc.. Prime cannavaro is gonna be my anti-meta/short/awful center back of choice when he comes along o:)
  • Hamzy_LFC
    2113 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 19
    VVD he is one of the best if not the best non icon CB in the game... if your wanting an icon CB then it’s either Rio or Maldini

    Decent CB icon shouts:
    Nesta -
    Sol Campbell
    Fernando Hierro
    Desailly
    Blanc

    @Natureboy44
  • D0lvl
    1513 posts Play-Off Hero
    Did Baresi SBC for around ~300k. I now have 3 icons to sacrfice if a big prime icon drops anytime soon. As for Baresi, I put Catalyst on him since it boosts his pace and passing compared to Shadow which boosts pace but his def is already high.

    He does get beat easily by taller players when both are manually controlled. However, if you let AI control him, he’ll contest and win some headers against human controlled players. LOL.

    Moral of the story: If you have Baresi, let the AI control him to win you headers against your opponent.
  • Tboon
    2438 posts Fans' Favourite
    People stil think Gomez is the best choice? I have both sbc's ready to submit, but I can only do one of them...

    Yesterday I was thinking about to get Baresi so I could use him in Crespo sbc. But now ive Ibrahimovic and Im not sure if I want Crespo anymore.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3279 posts National Call-Up
    Baresi is garbage.
  • Tboon wrote: »
    People stil think Gomez is the best choice? I have both sbc's ready to submit, but I can only do one of them...

    Yesterday I was thinking about to get Baresi so I could use him in Crespo sbc. But now ive Ibrahimovic and Im not sure if I want Crespo anymore.

    Gomez might be better AND faceless.
    Baresi is an Icon and will fit with every player, until you maybe submit him into another SBC later on.
  • neo_wolf82
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just have fun with the game and dont take it seriously, use who you want to use.
  • Galayn
    518 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I have been usinh Baresi since before the SBC came out because he was my favourite player when I grew up, so I would use him even if he had one leg, but honestly he is pretty good, his positioning and tackle are second to none, he can pass and he is pretty strong.

  • Tboon
    2438 posts Fans' Favourite
    neo_wolf82 wrote: »
    Just have fun with the game and dont take it seriously, use who you want to use.

    Agree! But i dont know who to choose! Thats the problem ;)
Sign In or Register to comment.