Is it just me that isn't getting along with the TOTY defenders?

Gigaa_Byte
2099 posts Fans' Favourite
Got TOTY Varane atm and imo you can feel a slight difference but not much to the NIF. Starting to wonder if it's just better to go with Icon CB's instead.

Comments

• WFCBagnall
    80484 posts Moderator
    VVD is unreal
  • Gigaa_Byte
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    VVD is unreal

I'm getting the feeling that he might be the only one you can probably notice a difference with.
  • Hoopsterz
    2495 posts Fans' Favourite
    I've got TOTY Vanare as well and have been very disappointing. Just holding him for now in hope he go ups a bit so i can lose less of tax!
  • ORANGEeffect05
    26455 posts Player of the Year
    Hoopsterz wrote: »
    I've got TOTY Vanare as well and have been very disappointing. Just holding him for now in hope he go ups a bit so i can lose less of tax!

Imagine if someone told you to put your coins elsewhere :trollface:
  • Joestoe
    9220 posts League Winner
    TOTY Ramos is the best defender in the game. Same with Marcelo, best LB I've used.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    edited January 2019
    Joestoe wrote: »
    TOTY Ramos is the best defender in the game. Same with Marcelo, best LB I've used.

Might just be Varane then, maybe I chose the wrong TOTY defender to use haha.
  • Mc
    3947 posts National Call-Up
    what is Toty vvd’s balance like?
  • Aguy9916
    1045 posts Professional
    Toty KDB was a massive disappointment to me, couldn't tell the difference between it and his nif... one could be forgiven for thinking we may be getting conned? 😂😂
  • RoosGianni
    4203 posts National Call-Up
    I like Varane TOTY but I never used the NIF.

The only thing that TOTY players have is that they feel too quick for me, if that makes sense. I needed to get used to TOTY Varane.
  • had Varane for a few games, waste of coins.. sold at the peak of post-promo at 1.850. dropped to 1.650's pretty fast.

potm vvd-prime baresi now.. way more satisfying, considering together they cost me half that
  • Hoopsterz
    2495 posts Fans' Favourite
    Hoopsterz wrote: »

Imagine if someone told you to put your coins elsewhere :trollface:

Ahhh i had to try him to get the idea out my head that he would solve all my defensive issues.

Going for SBC Baresi now to fill his gap and going to play Varane CDM i think!
  • Alexrb89
    3468 posts National Call-Up
    Found Varane very average. Blanc and Desailly are better.
  • Joestoe
    9220 posts League Winner
    Aguy9916 wrote: »
    Toty KDB was a massive disappointment to me, couldn't tell the difference between it and his nif... one could be forgiven for thinking we may be getting conned? 😂😂

Loving him at CDM, paired with Kante IF. Assists for days.
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Alexrb89 wrote: »

Glad I'm not the only one that feels this haha.
  • Kamilflage
    6193 posts Big Money Move
    Varane I found is just really fast...other than that not really special. Hes still great, but yeah the NIF is also great. Got him untradeable so works for me.
    Marcelo on the other hand huge difference between NIF and toty!
    Havent tries the others...
  • Gigaa_Byte
    Kamilflage wrote: »
    Varane I found is just really fast...other than that not really special. Hes still great, but yeah the NIF is also great. Got him untradeable so works for me.

Yeah I have a feeling the biggest differences will be on Marcelo and maybe Van Dijk.
  • xFATAL
    5109 posts Big Money Move
    Alexrb89 wrote: »

Felt the same for me. Vvd is much better although hes probably not much different to his potm 89 rated version.
  • llcg04
    547 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I played a few Games With Toty varane and he was awesome. Only dr though, weekend leauge will tell the truth
  • I have toty Varane paired with prime Des & they are working well together for me. Well I am just an avaerage div3-4 player so it works for me.
  • Agent Murhawk
    8736 posts League Winner
    Only one you can really notice is Ramos but still his NIF already is really good.
  • Kamilflage
    6193 posts Big Money Move
    Gigaa_Byte wrote: »
    Kamilflage wrote: »

Yeah I have a feeling the biggest differences will be on Marcelo and maybe Van Dijk.

Last year I perfected crossing with my LB (as I prefer attacking from the left) and was using Prime Carlos, it was so much fun and assisted so many goals.
    With Marcelo that dominant attacking is back and to top it off I'm finding myself going through defenders and getting him in the box more and more thanks to his insane dribbling.
    But through all of that he is yet to be a defensive liability for me, always seems to track back right in time. Would definitely recommend him if you havent tried yet
  • McRaven
    6052 posts Big Money Move
    VVD has been amazing for me. Wins every duel, very aggressive and can keep up with a lot of fast players like Salah
  • ORANGEeffect05
    26455 posts Player of the Year
    McRaven wrote: »
    VVD has been amazing for me. Wins every duel, very aggressive and can keep up with a lot of fast players like Salah

Played against him and he leaped higher than anyone I've ever seen in fifa on one aerial duel :lol: looked unnatural
  • 9dal39
    242 posts Sunday League Hero
    can't believe im reading so many peoples dislike towards him ha, I had his normal card upgraded to the TOTY and its night and day for me 8 chem shadow, monster.
  • Keano
    16894 posts World Class
    WFCBagnall wrote: »
    VVD is unreal

He's unreal as a nif though, so can only imagine how his TOTY would be, he's the one player that's not United (or an icon) that i'd be tempted to put in my team just because he's that good, between him & Ibra heading corners would be to easy.
  • Everton1878
    2210 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm selling varane. I hardly ever concede because of my CBs cos everyone just does timed finesse anyway. Could have bronze CBs and it wouldn't change anything
  • o0OainavO0o
    2523 posts Fans' Favourite
    I'm selling varane. I hardly ever concede because of my CBs cos everyone just does timed finesse anyway. Could have bronze CBs and it wouldn't change anything

Lol, read your post and name, had me thinking how my red reward keane is giving me a better weekend league than futmas Silva ever has.
  • Aguy9916
    1045 posts Professional
    Joestoe wrote: »
    Aguy9916 wrote: »

Loving him at CDM, paired with Kante IF. Assists for days.

Im not saying he was bad, nif KDB has been my favorite player of this game and ive tried nearly all of them... his Toty doesn't seem any different to me aside from a bit faster in movement.
  • EekAlaska
    2333 posts Fans' Favourite
    Typical of TOTY players. Most never will live up to their stats. If they did they would be unstoppable nd anyone with enough to get all or most of them would have no need to continue looking for that perfect team.
  • chaser2k15
    14881 posts Has That Special Something
    RoosGianni wrote: »
    I like Varane TOTY but I never used the NIF.

The only thing that TOTY players have is that they feel too quick for me, if that makes sense. I needed to get used to TOTY Varane.

Yes. Agree with this, they are so agile as well.

When i used the loan toty neymar i was like wow this card is fast.