AngryJoe rant on microtransaction infested sports games

AbuNegus
1229 posts Professional
0:37-5:53

Do you agree it's too late for change and that FIFA and the others are a lost cause? He also puts a lot of the blame on the gamers which I can understand, look what the star wars fanbase managed to do about their game.

Comments

  • Aspral
    3796 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2019
    The sooner loot boxes in fifa are gone the better.

    They don't want you playing career mode or any other mode because UT is the moneymaker. Play career mode and they advertise you UT. Ridiculous.

    It is the consumers fault as well because they spend millions consistently on fifa points. Yet they constantly complain about the game.

    Watch how fast they'd fix all game modes and problems if fifa points were not key to their profits.
  • pekkaa88
    6603 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    AbuNegus wrote: »
    0:37-5:53

    Do you agree it's too late for change and that FIFA and the others are a lost cause? He also puts a lot of the blame on the gamers which I can understand, look what the star wars fanbase managed to do about their game.

    What did they manage to do?

    I loved BF1 initially. The sounds and visuals led to a really strong Star Wars feel. My only real disappointment was it's just another boring shooter. Would prefer a Jedi game (or rather free choice)

    The problem became when you realise you basically has a demo game and had to pay £20 for a new level.

    Then they nerfed all the good weapons and made it so you had to buy each DLC for the only competitive weapons.

    Then the servers were absolute rubbish maybe get 1hr of good gaming every 2 weeks.

    You could shoot someone who's standing still and their health will stop going down. Then you die.


    But mainly for their ridiculous DLC policy and having to repeatedly by the content they should have provided in the actual main game. Is why I did not even bother with Battlefront 2. I'm waiting out in small hope that someone will release a star wars game that isn't a pointless boring shooter.
  • BSDShoes
    3137 posts National Call-Up
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions..

    FIFA wasn't a problem before promos and SBC's, FIFA was actually fun to play all the time back then.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    Imagine paying £50 for fifa.

    Then having to pay £20 For seasons mode. £20 For FUT. £20 For friendlies. And you can only use Finesse Shots if you buy the DLC.

    That's Battlefront.
  • SPN1987
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    FIFA community is terrible. We just accept everything EA throws at us by sending them even more money like we all like the direction FIFA is going in. I can't imagine anyone with a brain loving the continuous timed finesse shots going in from anywhere and 1 v 1 saves with GK moving. Plus the RNG with bounces non stop and OP AI defending. I can go on and on. But we accepted it as a community unfortunately.
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    4717 posts National Call-Up
    Jesus christ, how can anyone in their right mind watch such repulsive persona. First there was this wave of forced positivity that Pewdiepie capitulated on and now when puppies and rainbows have gone out of fashion everyone is tuning in on adults screaming at the top of their lungs. In every single popular broadcast out there; Nick28, Castro, Runthefutmarket, etc.
  • McLaughlan_26
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    Imagine paying £50 for fifa.

    Then having to pay £20 For seasons mode. £20 For FUT. £20 For friendlies. And you can only use Finesse Shots if you buy the DLC.

    That's Battlefront.

    UT was better when you had to pay for it

    But I get your point
  • Mataay
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..

    So content is more important to you than gameplay ?
    I dont even know what to say.
  • SPN1987
    2203 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mataay wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..

    So content is more important to you than gameplay ?
    I dont even know what to say.

    That's the main problem about this community. People caring more about menu stuff with flashy cards than the actual gameplay. To me this game has become more of a card collecting game than a football sim. I just can't take it seriously anymore when 1 v 1s are much harder to score than no scoop first time finesse shots from way out. Skill gap has gone unfortunately. But loads of people don't even seem to care at all. :s
  • pekkaa88
    6603 posts Big Money Move
    Mataay wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..

    So content is more important to you than gameplay ?
    I dont even know what to say.

    I didnt say that. I said I enjoy the content. Didnt say a word about gameplay or its importance.
  • ZizioGardo
    1435 posts Professional
    Jesus christ, how can anyone in their right mind watch such repulsive persona. First there was this wave of forced positivity that Pewdiepie capitulated on and now when puppies and rainbows have gone out of fashion everyone is tuning in on adults screaming at the top of their lungs. In every single popular broadcast out there; Nick28, Castro, Runthefutmarket, etc.

    TBF is not like AngryJoe is a new YouTuber. He has been around for 10 years and has always been that rant-type of YouTuber.
  • Gromit
    4529 posts National Call-Up
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Mataay wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..

    So content is more important to you than gameplay ?
    I dont even know what to say.

    I didnt say that. I said I enjoy the content. Didnt say a word about gameplay or its importance.

    Content?

    The way I see it FUT14 and earlier had way more content.

    They didn't have SBC they only had TOTW TOTY TOTS and only had cups.

    But what they had was 12000+ cards that were mostly usable.

    As opposed to the amazing content we have now where about 5% of cards are used.

    Awful awful game.
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..

    Imo micro-transactions should be differentiated between buying content and gambling.

    It's not ok to stimulate gambling.
  • BSDShoes
    3137 posts National Call-Up
    Forza Motorsport 7 started out with loot boxes but the negative feedback, they were changed to cosmetics (racing suits, etc).
  • pekkaa88
    6603 posts Big Money Move
    Gromit wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Mataay wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..

    So content is more important to you than gameplay ?
    I dont even know what to say.

    I didnt say that. I said I enjoy the content. Didnt say a word about gameplay or its importance.

    Content?

    The way I see it FUT14 and earlier had way more content.

    They didn't have SBC they only had TOTW TOTY TOTS and only had cups.

    But what they had was 12000+ cards that were mostly usable.

    As opposed to the amazing content we have now where about 5% of cards are used.

    Awful awful game.

    Meh.. People mostly used gold squads.. And then there was maybe 20 silver players who were used.. Brasilvers of 11 and epl & serie a pace monsters of 12. Time goldens memories
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13214 posts Has That Special Something
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Mataay wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..

    So content is more important to you than gameplay ?
    I dont even know what to say.

    I didnt say that. I said I enjoy the content. Didnt say a word about gameplay or its importance.

    Content?

    The way I see it FUT14 and earlier had way more content.

    They didn't have SBC they only had TOTW TOTY TOTS and only had cups.

    But what they had was 12000+ cards that were mostly usable.

    As opposed to the amazing content we have now where about 5% of cards are used.

    Awful awful game.

    Meh.. People mostly used gold squads.. And then there was maybe 20 silver players who were used.. Brasilvers of 11 and epl & serie a pace monsters of 12. Time goldens memories

    Silvers were very fun in FIFA 12. Used them a lot.

    Overtoom, Fer, Donk, Duarte, Anita etc. :)
  • Momus
    1835 posts Play-Off Hero
    An example of how fcked up and greedy EA are is the fact you can no longer play as Classic XI (icons) in single player anymore, because that meant you could play with icons for free, even thought it was a separate game mode to FUT.

    They literally couldn’t handle people playing with icons without paying hundreds for them in FUT
  • Adrian095
    34071 posts National Team Captain
    Momus wrote: »
    An example of how fcked up and greedy EA are is the fact you can no longer play as Classic XI (icons) in single player anymore, because that meant you could play with icons for free, even thought it was a separate game mode to FUT.

    They literally couldn’t handle people playing with icons without paying hundreds for them in FUT

    Yh this is ****** up
  • Gromit
    4529 posts National Call-Up
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Mataay wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..

    So content is more important to you than gameplay ?
    I dont even know what to say.

    I didnt say that. I said I enjoy the content. Didnt say a word about gameplay or its importance.

    Content?

    The way I see it FUT14 and earlier had way more content.

    They didn't have SBC they only had TOTW TOTY TOTS and only had cups.

    But what they had was 12000+ cards that were mostly usable.

    As opposed to the amazing content we have now where about 5% of cards are used.

    Awful awful game.

    Meh.. People mostly used gold squads.. And then there was maybe 20 silver players who were used.. Brasilvers of 11 and epl & serie a pace monsters of 12. Time goldens memories

    Not even close to true.
  • RandomLhama83
    10100 posts Has That Special Something
    Momus wrote: »
    An example of how fcked up and greedy EA are is the fact you can no longer play as Classic XI (icons) in single player anymore, because that meant you could play with icons for free, even thought it was a separate game mode to FUT.

    They literally couldn’t handle people playing with icons without paying hundreds for them in FUT

    its a business. anyone in business is always out for profits... dont think ppl mind paying for a product that works, but when you got a broken game, with patches that make it worse, than you have an issue.
  • Jeyj38
    1306 posts Professional
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Mataay wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..

    So content is more important to you than gameplay ?
    I dont even know what to say.

    I didnt say that. I said I enjoy the content. Didnt say a word about gameplay or its importance.

    Content?

    The way I see it FUT14 and earlier had way more content.

    They didn't have SBC they only had TOTW TOTY TOTS and only had cups.

    But what they had was 12000+ cards that were mostly usable.

    As opposed to the amazing content we have now where about 5% of cards are used.

    Awful awful game.

    Meh.. People mostly used gold squads.. And then there was maybe 20 silver players who were used.. Brasilvers of 11 and epl & serie a pace monsters of 12. Time goldens memories

    Silvers were very fun in FIFA 12. Used them a lot.

    Overtoom, Fer, Donk, Duarte, Anita etc. :)

    Sau, Ibarbo, Biabiany...
    Gonna have nightmares tonights... lol
  • kcichris
    1616 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited January 2019
    Jeyj38 wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Gromit wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Mataay wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..

    So content is more important to you than gameplay ?
    I dont even know what to say.

    I didnt say that. I said I enjoy the content. Didnt say a word about gameplay or its importance.

    Content?

    The way I see it FUT14 and earlier had way more content.

    They didn't have SBC they only had TOTW TOTY TOTS and only had cups.

    But what they had was 12000+ cards that were mostly usable.

    As opposed to the amazing content we have now where about 5% of cards are used.

    Awful awful game.

    Meh.. People mostly used gold squads.. And then there was maybe 20 silver players who were used.. Brasilvers of 11 and epl & serie a pace monsters of 12. Time goldens memories

    Silvers were very fun in FIFA 12. Used them a lot.

    Overtoom, Fer, Donk, Duarte, Anita etc. :)

    Sau, Ibarbo, Biabiany...
    Gonna have nightmares tonights... lol

    the brasilver skillsquads with maikon leite if and danilinho if and then running scoop turns all game long, that move was too op back than
  • Gromit
    4529 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2019
    Momus wrote: »
    An example of how fcked up and greedy EA are is the fact you can no longer play as Classic XI (icons) in single player anymore, because that meant you could play with icons for free, even thought it was a separate game mode to FUT.

    They literally couldn’t handle people playing with icons without paying hundreds for them in FUT

    its a business. anyone in business is always out for profits... dont think ppl mind paying for a product that works, but when you got a broken game, with patches that make it worse, than you have an issue.

    Agreed, they are a business and they deserve to make an honest profit for an honest product. But thats the problem, the game isn't very honest, nor are EA.

    FUT 09 to 15 (ish) was making profit.
    FUT 16 to 19 has been profiteering.

    They've taken advantage of their customers. There's clear addiction issues and clearly a lot of vulnerable people spending excessive amounts. It doesn't matter if you're rich or not. It's common sense more than anything. Spending £300+ on a video game is ridiculous. It's just simply not value for money whether you happily play 60hrs a week or not.

    I personally think the game should go to a subcription model. Something in line with Netflix and Spotify. The game does offer value and EA do offer live content throughout the year. It is worth paying a price for but the price needs to be fair.

    Subscription would only work out at a few pence per day and there's no reason why they still couldn't offer free play modes. And without the hard sell there's no reason for EA to be mean and stingy and cardweights could probably be a little better. And gameplay a bit more transparent and less dubious.

    I'm sure EA will try and keep the money train just how it is now. But if/when legislation comes calling, subscription seems like the most logical solution to provide a fair platform for all.
  • Mataay
    550 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 2019
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Mataay wrote: »
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    we would have far less promos and SBCs if FUT didnt have micro transactions.. I coulnt care less if someone gains a little advantage over me because they choose to use money on a game.. I personally dont really feel any need to do so and I'm glad that we get a lot of content because of this micro transaction driven model...

    If I was trying to play competitive and because of my refusal to spend on FP I was at misadvantage I might think differently tho.. But I'm quite happy with current content and game model as a casual player..

    So content is more important to you than gameplay ?
    I dont even know what to say.

    I didnt say that. I said I enjoy the content. Didnt say a word about gameplay or its importance.

    Thats the problem, ppl enjoy the content and get hyped about it that they forget the one and only really important issue, what do i need a 95 rated player for if he moves like a truck in the gameplay ? its like they know when and with what to feed the addicts with, it to much content if you ask me to the point its get ridicolous they only do all this BS stuff because they have ppl hooked up and their creditcard. They only want your money, and as long as ppl spend money on every new promo to get a special card with 1%< probability they will continue to ignore gameplay since there is no need for them to do so when they rake in the bigbucks anyway.

    Ppl need to stop praise the content its all ❤️❤️❤️❤️, its to much .
Sign In or Register to comment.