Why I Finnesse From Long Range...

AFC_95
8828 posts League Winner
Now I don't mean timed finnesse but finnesse in general is broken.

But I do it because when I try to do a normal long shot it doesn't matter how many player are in the box, the opponents AI so some superman lunge and block...every single time. Ffs. I want to play really football but I can't!

Comments

• Glupi86
    210 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    yep.
    those autoblocks are beyond ridicule
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Glupi86 wrote: »
    yep.
    those autoblocks are beyond ridicule

It's a joke. The guy had three defenders in the box as I was up 5-0. I went for a long shot with Ibra and of course it's blocked. It doesn't matter how many players are in the box. It's the same with passes too.
  • Colt_seevers
    1624 posts Play-Off Hero
    I rarely finesse and usually just drive shots in the box and outside. I win the majority of my matches
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    I do finesse when it’s the right time but I tend to do standard shots (I can’t do low driven to save my life and most of my finesse shots always end of soft floating shots to the sorbet which are easily saved) but I can’t help but notice standard shots are saved so regularly and you don’t really score any decent ones (post and in, top corner) they always seem the same when not saved
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    I only finesse when I’m 1 v 1 or end of the game. I’m fed up of players using outside of the foot with them
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    top corner power shot = saved from the GK
    slow paced finesse = goal
  • FCBlunt
    3123 posts National Call-Up
    I score more regular shots than finesses and the like. I dont know whats up with you guys, pass in the box- turn and shoot. If they back off you just on the line, shoooooooot.

It works, for me at least.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    Empyrium7 wrote: »
    top corner power shot = saved from the GK
    slow paced finesse = goal

Literally. 99 power Ibra, powerful longshot blocked by AI. Slowest finnesse you've ever seen - goes in.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    I rarely finesse and usually just drive shots in the box and outside. I win the majority of my matches

Yeah I've realised that lo drivens are still OP haha.
  • Empyrium7
    FCBlunt wrote: »
    I score more regular shots than finesses and the like. I dont know whats up with you guys, pass in the box- turn and shoot. If they back off you just on the line, shoooooooot.

what division are you to be able to just turn and shoot ?
  • FCBlunt

I play div 4, but I dont really play Rivals so its not really a good way to compare anything.

I constantly win drafts tho, winning 4 games in a row.

If you cant turn and shoot, recycle your attack until you can pass it to a turn n shoot. It’s more about patience than anything else.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner

I play div 4, but I dont really play Rivals so its not really a good way to compare anything.

If you cant turn and shoot, recycle your attack until you can pass it to a turn n shoot. It’s more about patience than anything else.

I try. But AI intercepting makes this beyond impossible especially when gameplay isn't smooth.
  • Empyrium7

I find it really hard to just turn and shoot in this FIFA, I don't know if it's the delay or the OP AI
    sometimes it works if the opponent over committed to a side, but most people don't even control the player that is closest to the ball which result an auto tackle from the AI.

• FCBlunt
    edited January 2019
    AFC_95 wrote: »

I try. But AI intercepting makes this beyond impossible especially when gameplay isn't smooth.

Yeah, it can be pure hell with delay, I often make the mistake of passing the ball and then already turning my next player before the pass comes off(meaning my player will pass in the direction my other player shouldve turned). If you can, try to adapt to the delay. The AI interceptions I’m getting pretty good at avoiding, I played a guy in the semi final draft yesterday who tried to make his AI do everything. I quickly realised and stopped sprinting and just walked around his box for easy goals. If AI chases you, dont panic and just pass the ball. You can often just turn away and make a different play.

Obvs we dont share playstyles and I’m not trying to polish my ego at all. I wish I could help, but there’s just so many factors going into it that its hard to formulate on a forum page, mate.
  • FCBlunt
    edited January 2019

I find it really hard to just turn and shoot in this FIFA, I don't know if it's the delay or the OP AI
    sometimes it works if the opponent over committed to a side, but most people don't even control the player that is closest to the ball which result an auto tackle from the AI.

Well, its harder to turn and shoot if he wont select his players. So your plan should be to force him to do just that, which is what I do. I usually wont lose the ball unless you manually come out to tackle me, and often I just dribble past manual defenders too.

I think the best tip is to force your opponent to come out and chase you. It will help you in the box, mate.

Edit: When you turn, you should not* do an immediate turn. You should move the left stick in a half* circular motion instead of just up and down. Just a tip to try.
  • Duncan1972
    392 posts Sunday League Hero

Yeah, it can be pure hell with delay, I often make the mistake of passing the ball and then already turning my next player before the pass comes off(meaning my player will pass in the direction my other player shouldve turned). If you can, try to adapt to the delay. The AI interceptions I’m getting pretty good at avoiding, I played a guy in the semi final draft yesterday who tried to make his AI do everything. I quickly realised and stopped sprinting and just walked around his box for easy goals. If AI chases you, dont panic and just pass the ball. You can often just turn away and make a different play.

Obvs we dont share playstyles and I’m not trying to polish my ego at all. I wish I could help, but there’s just so many factors going into it that its hard to formulate on a forum page, mate.

This! Keep moving the ball as a gap will eventually appear. The AI can leave some staggering gaps at times for through balls.

Cheers about the already turning bit- do that a lot myself but didnt think as to why it was happening.
  • gutman22
    688 posts An Exciting Prospect

But I do it because when I try to do a normal long shot it doesn't matter how many player are in the box, the opponents AI so some superman lunge and block...every single time. Ffs. I want to play really football but I can't!

True. Even on squad battles you have to finesse in order to score.
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    gutman22 wrote: »

True. Even on squad battles you have to finesse in order to score.

Yup. Broken game. This my first week I think I'll get into Rank I for DR. I've had the motivation to play for once haha.
  • Aspral
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    Exactly. Being 1 on 1 does not reward you as a gk is superhuman.

Shooting with a defender anywhere close will produce superhuman lunges and blocks from ai controlled players.

So everyone is timed finesse spamming from 20-25 yards out.

This isn't a football game.
  • HullCity1904
    3021 posts National Call-Up
    I've always played with long shots... that's how i play, and i used to love last year's and even fifa 17s... you could really smack some rockets and even get a nice dip

in fifa 19, when i smack a rocket top corner, it has to be in the roof of the net or it will be saved or blocked

SO why would anyone not change to finesse shots when regular shots dont work
  • AFC_95
    8828 posts League Winner
    I've always played with long shots... that's how i play, and i used to love last year's and even fifa 17s... you could really smack some rockets and even get a nice dip

in fifa 19, when i smack a rocket top corner, it has to be in the roof of the net or it will be saved or blocked

SO why would anyone not change to finesse shots when regular shots dont work

Agreed. And I hate it as I want to play something remotely similar to footie lol.
  • ZiaFC
    168 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I hate it when some defender is just running into the box trying to get into a position not looking at all and your shot beats the primary threats and thier lunges are just not quite enough and yet the ball somehow someway seems to cross the path of the defender that is trying to get into a position. It always hits them in the back or the head and the deflection never seems to benefit the attacking teamband the defending team has an easy go at a counter attack.