• 25px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png UEFA Super Cup - Atletico Madrid
    • 25px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png UEFA Champions League - Liverpool
    • 25px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png UEFA Europa League - Chelsea
    • 25px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Coupe de la Ligue - Monaco
    • 25px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Coupe de France - PSG
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    QNUQEyS.png

The 2022 Qatar World Cup approaches and the nations have submitted their squad lists, three players from Paris FC will travel to the perform on the world stage. Firstly goalkeeper Benjamin Lecomte will travel with the defending champions France, however he is unlikely to start a game with him expected to be second or third choice for the tournament. Paris captain Axel Bamba will feature as a starting centre-back for his country Ivory Coast, the question is how far can they get? Finally new signing Samuel Bastien will travel with Belgium, he may not be one of the first on the team sheet however he could feature off the bench, Bellegarde wishes the trio the best of luck in the summer.

Liverpool just continue to win trophies, only last season they finally broke the dry streak and won the Premier League and this season they go all the way in Europe and win the UEFA Champions League beating holders Real Madrid in the final. Klopp has done it all at the club now and he will continue to build on the recent success in the future.

Wissa snubs potential big money moves to the Europe's elite to remain at the club that gave him the chance to express himself, Liverpool came in with a big bid recently in the region of €31.5m, Napoli put €28.5m on the table and also Valencia offered something close to €30m for his services but today he signs a new contract with the club keeping him here for a further 5 years and a massive wage increase from €6k/week to close to €50k/week.

Contract extensions
    • Yoane Wissa / + 4 years (5 total) / from €6k-€49.5k week (with €370k signing fee)
    • Arnaud Cartier / + 4 years (5 total) / from €0.5k-€24.5k week (with €210k signing fee)
    • Dylan Saint-Louis / + 3 years (4 total) / from €7.5k-€35k week (with €300k signing fee)
    Youth Academy Graduates
    48o58V8.png
    5UwgdrR.png
    jQ4WcQ3.png
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    o04uXjP.png
  • DB1512
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    I think the Qatari bosses of PSG are nerved after the incredible season Paris FC had. With next year's CL football I think you need more quality in the centre of the pitch, a reliable central (defensive) midfielder of CL level is needed I believe.
  • LAboog4
    578 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Great season! Champions League football to come means more money to build the squad and a legit chance at silverware next season. No surprise champions around the world.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Fantastic season. PSG didn't fail to keep their advantage and it wasn't possible to defeat them in the Coupe de France either. PSG still ahead, but not so much already.

The squad is young and progressing, that's the good news. With some additions, the team can definitely challenge for the title. On the other side, next year the UCL will bring new demands to the squad and will have to manage to play every 3-4 days.

The squad seem strong in overall terms, but I believe the midfield requires some investment. In general, a nice starting eleven, although I have doubts about depth. Nothing that can't be solved this summer.
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    A top two finish is superb PSG no know you are a serious threat and next season you will be even stronger
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    DB1512 wrote: »
    I think the Qatari bosses of PSG are nerved after the incredible season Paris FC had. With next year's CL football I think you need more quality in the centre of the pitch, a reliable central (defensive) midfielder of CL level is needed I believe.
    My main target this summer is actually a defensive midfielder and the bulk of the budget will be spent on him, so yeah I agree with that, PSG didn't expect us to reach 80 points, now they will be wary of us this season
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Great season! Champions League football to come means more money to build the squad and a legit chance at silverware next season. No surprise champions around the world.
    More money better squad, it's all upwards and on wards from here as the club grows and grows, we without a doubt have a chance of silverware, I think we have the confidence to challenge PSG for the title and see how we do in the two domestic cups, Europe I'm waiting to see the group before making judgement but I'd like to get to the R16 or quarter-finals at a push!
    subpop wrote: »
    Fantastic season. PSG didn't fail to keep their advantage and it wasn't possible to defeat them in the Coupe de France either. PSG still ahead, but not so much already.
    The squad is young and progressing, that's the good news. With some additions, the team can definitely challenge for the title. On the other side, next year the UCL will bring new demands to the squad and will have to manage to play every 3-4 days.
    The squad seem strong in overall terms, but I believe the midfield requires some investment. In general, a nice starting eleven, although I have doubts about depth. Nothing that can't be solved this summer.
    It would have been extremely close if we beat them on the final day, instead of ending 7 points ahead it would have been 1 point ahead, so for us to have won the league we had to beat Lyon in the a little earlier on, tough task but on to next season now. UCL demands will be tough but remember we brought in Gelin and Traore on free two good defensive depth signings and now a decent budget to spend this summer.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    A top two finish is superb PSG no know you are a serious threat and next season you will be even stronger
    Everyone sees us as a serious threat now, but can this team live up to expectations now the bar is set?
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    SEASON 5

y1z2t6S.png

A short interview took place with Paris boss Pascel Bellegarde ahead of his fifth season in charge;

Good luck for the season ahead Pascal, you did an incredible job last season and came somewhat close to PSG, can you finally leapfrog them this season considering you have UCL football added in?
    It's going to be difficult, we will try our best but as you say we have potentially a ton of games added in the season if we do well in Europe, many say we did so well last season because of the focus on Ligue 1 fixtures, so I say to the team let's prove them wrong, let's do the business in all competitions. Maybe PSG will not achieve as many points as last year, it's all speculation right now, but I have to believe we can win the league this season.

Talking about UCL, how far can you take this team in Europe?
    It's Paris FC's debut season in this competition, the club is not familiar being on this level so we as a group have to adapt quickly, let's see what group we are given and take it game by game, we have a very strong squad here and have shown in France we can beat the big teams, for sure this will be our biggest test, against the best clubs around Europe.

How big are we talking for your budget this season and do you have any players in mind?
    I cannot reveal such information, you'll have to wait and see who we bring in this summer, I can say we have identified two positions in particular, one is a central defensive midfielder and we have 3 key targets for this role and the other position will be a winger to help out with depth and add goals to our team. One thing we struggled with last season was goals conceded so a strong defensive midfielder signing can change us massively.

With big offers expected to come in for the likes of Wissa, Wamangituka and Guitane, could we see any of these players or others leave for the right price?
    I've been told by the board nobody who I want to keep at the club will be allowed to leave, so as long as the player wants to play for the badge and give their all and I'm happy with their performances they will remain at the club, even if gigantic offers come in we will resist. Now one thing I cannot stop is agents creating stories or other clubs tempting my players, if something happens we will sort it internally, those three you mentioned are key players and I want to keep all of them this season
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    sYVO4PK.png

France won the World Cup once again after reaching success in 2018, Deschamps does the impossible and defends the trophy in Qatar 2022. France beat Brazil in the final 2-1 with Mbappe scoring a very late goal to seal the game. Italy finished 3rd and Netherlands finished 4th while England were knocked out in the quarter-finals. One of the surprises of the tournaments were Scotland, going as far as the last eight, an incredible result for them. Mbappe, Werner and Depay scored the most goals of 5 and share the golden boot of the World Cup.

Paris FC trio return from the Qatar World Cup in good spirits, number one goalkeeper Lecomte returns winning the tournament however he wasn't able to feature being the third choice keeper for France, Bastien featured three times for Belgium and earned one assist in the tournament and Bamba who captains Paris returned after his country Ivory Coast were knocked out in the round of 16.

After France won back to back World Cups, France head coach Didier Deschamps steps down with his head held high as he looks to manage in club football before he plans retirement. Deschamps is expected to manage Chelsea in the coming days. One of the most surprising news to come out this week was France appointing Nicolas Anelka as the new France head coach. We all know the story of Anelka making comments to his former France head coach back in 2010 and in result was banned for 18 games, he then retired from international football over the situation, fast forward to recent times Anelka has grown up and a changed man, from coaching the Lille youth team to moving up to Ligue 2 side Reims and then moving on to Premier League side Crystal Palace in recent times reaching success domestically finishing in the top 6 only last season.
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    Sfe3QrL.png

Paris smash their transfer record by triple (previous record set was Konate for €13.5m) after agreeing a €43.8m fee with West Ham for the Ivory Coast defensive midfielder Jean-Philippe Gbamin. The 26 year old signs a 5 year deal with the club earning the second highest wage of €79k/week. Bellegarde commented on the record breaking signing saying, "He's a player that will instantly improve us in an area that is so important, he's the guy that can take the ball forward and create something out of nothing, he has a big presence on the pitch and will be the rock in our midfield, we can become world class here. "

Another big transfer of the summer saw Paris trigger Bayern Munich winger Alphonso Davies' release clause reported to be €10.7 million. The pacey Canadian winger signed a 5 year contract earning around €50k/week, the 21 year old will fight for his place along with Wissa on the left side of that midfield.

Big offers were received this summer for several of Bellegarde's players, the biggest of the lot came for Wissa who just signed a new deal only a few months ago, €38,9m offer from Inter Milan came in along with a similar offer from AC Milan, both rejected by the club. Wamangituka was also sought after with a €35.5m offer from West Ham.

Summer Window 2022

Transfers in (€54,500,000)
    Jean-Philippe Gbamin (West Ham United) - €43,800,000
    Alphonso Davies (Bayern Munich) - €10,700,000

Transfers out (€15,850,000)
    Beni Baningime (Villarreal) - €12,000,000
    Maxime Pasquier (Swansea City) - €3,850,000
    Souleymane Karamoko (Konyaspor) - Free
    Antoine Moreau (Williem II) - Loan
    Antoine Paillard (Reading) - Loan
    Laurent Alphand (Maritmo) - Loan
    Baptiste Pasquier (Portmouth) - Loan
    Fabien Baumont (Houston Dynamo) - Loan
    Olivier Vigne (Hobro IK) - Loan
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    CgoFcBP.png
    e4OWUp7.png
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    VQW0UiH.png
  • JoshDFC
    The team looks very strong and now it is time to show who the new number one team in Paris is
  • DB1512
    295 posts Sunday League Hero
    Gbamin is a fantastic signing and just what the team needs, Davies is a good back up on the wings. What is his rating at the moment? Exiting to see who you will face in the UCL and if you can beat PSG of the throne this season.
  • LAboog4
    I know the team is getting stronger because I'm recognizing more names! Breaking the transfer record is a big sign to show fans Paris is serious this season to win a title.
  • subpop
    The team is very strong now, at least, strong enough to be a real contender to win titles. Surely, PSG always are in a different level in terms of talent, but Paris FC can be as good as Lyon, OM or Monaco and, in a good season, can win the title. This time I expect them to be in a different level, there can't be excuses now.
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    The team looks very strong and now it is time to show who the new number one team in Paris is
    I agree, we can compete with PSG and the rest for the league with this team now
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Gbamin is a fantastic signing and just what the team needs, Davies is a good back up on the wings. What is his rating at the moment? Exiting to see who you will face in the UCL and if you can beat PSG of the throne this season.
    I think he was 82 rated when I signed him, low release clause for a player of his ability to be fair. Gbamin is just want we need a strong defensive presence in the midfield, a leader and a difference maker in a key position. As for the UCL you will see in the next update who we faced in the group games
    I know the team is getting stronger because I'm recognizing more names! Breaking the transfer record is a big sign to show fans Paris is serious this season to win a title.
    Glad to see you are recognising more names now, I try not to sign the usual players people sign to keep it fresh and try make my own stars, yeah we got a lot of money for our 2nd place finish last season so the money was there to be spent
    The team is very strong now, at least, strong enough to be a real contender to win titles. Surely, PSG always are in a different level in terms of talent, but Paris FC can be as good as Lyon, OM or Monaco and, in a good season, can win the title. This time I expect them to be in a different level, there can't be excuses now.
    I'd say our starting 11 is on the same level as Lyon/Monaco/Nice/Marseille etc, each of those teams have the odd world class player but so do we, we are much more balanced now, almost every 80+ rated.
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    OA81wdH.png
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    IbIfcVw.png
    OuUgVvY.png
    o9hoFgA.png
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    edited April 9
    Pl0cC1S.png

Paris had a successful run in their debut in the UEFA Champions League finishing on 10 points in their group behind group winners Juventus, PSV finished 3rd and CSKA Moscow finished 4th. Paris did fantastic to beat the group winners Juventus in the final game 3-1 to secure qualification to the round of 16. Moving onto the knockouts Paris will face the current UCL holders Liverpool in February in what will be Bellegarde's biggest task since joining the club five years ago.

There seems to be a defensive injury crisis at Paris this season as both starting defenders Valery and Konate missed two months earlier in the season both returned in December, however more recent news with Paris captain Axel Bamba has been ruled out for 3 months and is expected to return in March, a big blow for the league leaders.

Finishing touches are being applied to the new Paris FC Stadium, many are nicknaming it 'The Dome' construction is set to be complete around March and the final touches will continue until May. Paris are expected to begin their journey in their new home at the beginning of the new season in August. Reports on sponsors are still ongoing and an official name will be revealed in the future.
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    edited April 9
    qBNfUOI.png

Overall there was no imminent transfer business for Paris, sales or purchases this January however one massive deal has been struck, a pre-contract agreement with Paris born superstar Kingsley Coman from Bayern Munich. The pacey winger will become the highest paid player at the club earning €99k a week. A €1.5m bonus will be handed to Coman as the transfer completes in the summer. Bellegarde comments on his excitement on the deal, "He's a world class player that I welcome to our ranks, as we progress as a club we look to attract players like Coman here, he will add to our quality and take us to another level I believe. I've talked to him and I've convinced him he can play a forward position, maybe just off the striker but we will discuss this more next season".

Several big offers came in for a number of Paris players in the winter window but the club snubbed most of them, even a massive €28m offer from West Ham for young academy graduate Pascal Castel, the French midfielder is one of Bellegarde's favourites and wants him to remain at the club for the rest of his career.

Rafik Guitane to Atletico Madrid rumours seem to be getting stronger as the weeks go by, it hasn't happened in the winter window but it may reach it's conclusion this summer, Guitane's performances haven't been as good as recent seasons, especially since his long term injury last season. Bellegarde is getting more and more frustrated over the situation and reports suggest he may just cash in on him with Coman arriving on free in June.
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    LckthIZ.png
    A0PVhyX.png
  • DonGabriel
    934 posts Semi-Pro
    Unfortunate elimination in the CDL, the team has quality to win every competition, but this elimination can be good for the team focus on the UCL and the league.
    As a title contenders and current UCL holders, Liverpool will provide a great challenge on the pitch, where the players of Paris can prove their worth by winning and progressing.
    In the league, Paris need to take some care, every point is a huge achievement to not let Nice and Saint-Etienne reduce the gap.

Willing to see how Coman will play in Paris, he is such an amazing talent and certainly will bring a lot of quality for the team.
  • subpop
    Fantastic first half of the season. Paris FC are solid leaders, even if the point ratio has been low so far (74 points at the end of the season, if we do a projection), which shows that the rivals are underperforming. Still, this is not the problem of the leader, quite the opposite.

In the Champions League, it is an achivement to advance to the knock out stages. It wasn't an extremely tough group, but Paris did their job. Now Liverpool are in a different level, although Paris have already shown what they can do in a good day against Juve.

Coman is a huge signing for the club. Step by step, the club is becoming a force in France and Europe.
  • JoshDFC
    Coman is a massive signing for the team an exciting winger who fans will want to see play and somebody who will sell shirts for the club. The team are in a strong position but it is very tight at the top
  • LAboog4
    Coman is a great pickup for a team that is already improving every year. Paris are becoming a serious title contender and this signing shows that.

Liverpool might be too big of a task for Paris in their first UCL but upsets do happen. Advancing from the group was the main goal and that was accomplished.
  • Ashy
    9455 posts League Winner
    DonGabriel wrote: »
    Unfortunate elimination in the CDL, the team has quality to win every competition, but this elimination can be good for the team focus on the UCL and the league.
    As a title contenders and current UCL holders, Liverpool will provide a great challenge on the pitch, where the players of Paris can prove their worth by winning and progressing.
    In the league, Paris need to take some care, every point is a huge achievement to not let Nice and Saint-Etienne reduce the gap.
    Willing to see how Coman will play in Paris, he is such an amazing talent and certainly will bring a lot of quality for the team.
    Yeah although I do want to win a domestic cup sometimes and especially this season with UCL it's good to go out early and focus more on the main two competitions like you say. For the league I'm not too worried about Nice and Etienne, I think they won't be consistent enough to really compete, Lyon is a danger and PSG if they sort themselves out will cause me the biggest issues I think. Liverpool will be a tough task indeed but the team is ready for a massive game like this.
    Fantastic first half of the season. Paris FC are solid leaders, even if the point ratio has been low so far (74 points at the end of the season, if we do a projection), which shows that the rivals are underperforming. Still, this is not the problem of the leader, quite the opposite.
    In the Champions League, it is an achivement to advance to the knock out stages. It wasn't an extremely tough group, but Paris did their job. Now Liverpool are in a different level, although Paris have already shown what they can do in a good day against Juve.
    Coman is a huge signing for the club. Step by step, the club is becoming a force in France and Europe.
    Yeah teams have under performed so I'm not getting too ahead of myself but I cannot help that we just need to do our thing and we will be fighting for the title if all goes well. I think our home form will be key in the UCL if we can get a good enough result against Liverpool then going to Anfield we will need to see out the leg but let's see how it plays out. Coman will be a game changer for us, potentially a completely new formation next season.
    Coman is a massive signing for the team an exciting winger who fans will want to see play and somebody who will sell shirts for the club. The team are in a strong position but it is very tight at the top
    Yeah he will surely be a fan favourite, born in Paris, used to play for PSG back in the day and moved around to the European big clubs and he comes full circle returning to Paris
    Coman is a great pickup for a team that is already improving every year. Paris are becoming a serious title contender and this signing shows that.
    Liverpool might be too big of a task for Paris in their first UCL but upsets do happen. Advancing from the group was the main goal and that was accomplished.
    Yeah main goal complete for our first European stint, now we will just try our best against the best and play without fear (kind of like Ajax in real life right now) and see how far that takes us.