Paris FC 22/23 Season 5 | Dethroning Qatar's Prized Jewel

Comments

• Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    edited March 9
    Konate sounds expensive, but could be the extra level of quality needed to make it through the Ligue 1 teams.
    Really like that starting XI graphic.
    He's someone I admire in real life, I think he'll be a top centre back in a few years, one to look out for I tell you, 13.5m euros isn't too expensive but for Paris it's the record signing, a big risk but one worth taking. And thanks!
    subpop wrote: »
    Frenkie is not a merengue!!! :s
    What a fantastic season so far. I didn't expect such a great performance. It's not a dream to think in big objectives. Only 2 defeats show that the team is very competitive. Sadly, one of the defeats was against the Qatar team.
    And Thauvin is a great signing, a great winger that will take Paris to a new level. For now, Alessandrini, Castel and Silas Wamangituka are among the best in the league.
    A nice surprise!
    Haha I had a feeling you wouldn't like that transfer, I honestly didn't expect us to do this well, I guess a lot of the French league suck, it's not too hard to finish mid-table with a team like mine I feel but finishing in the top 8 will be tough.
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    DB1512 wrote: »
    What a season for Paris, Wamangituka proves he can also score on the highest level. Looks like Bellegarde really believes in the project at Paris FC, hopefully he stays for a long time and if he gets signings like Thauvin I think he will stay at least a couple seasons.
    Yep as long as the club shows ambition and he keeps progressing I think Bellegarde will stay, Wamangituka is slowly becoming a cult hero at this club, he's like no striker before him.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    A fantastic first half to the season shows the team can compete with the elite in French Football. I think Thauvin will be the star of Paris for many years to come and will push them to the next level
    Thauvin is definitely a step above the rest, 87 rated and the next best is the keeper coming in Lecomte 84 rated but right now in the team it's Konate at 79 I think so he's levels ahead.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Very good start to the season. The 5-0 sticks out as an ugly defeat but being a cup match those tend to happen sometimes.
    It looks like PSG were very active in the window, they will be a difficult team to contend with but the way Paris is progressing, maybe the impossible is not far off?
    It will take a few years I think but yeah PSG show no intention of slowing down their spending and let's not forget they've got the 3 best players in world football in Mbappe and Neymar although they are not scoring many this season.
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    EezCmqv.png
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    hTxUgUZ.png

TpjAt6c.png

eUk5P5w.png
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    Champions Around The World
    • 25px-Flag_of_England.svg.png Premier League - Liverpool
    • 25px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Ligue 1 - PSG
    • 25px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Bundesliga - Bayern Munich
    • 25px-Flag_of_Spain.svg.png La Liga - Atletico Madrid
    • 25px-Flag_of_Italy.svg.png Serie A - Juventus
    • 25px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png UEFA Super Cup - FC Barcelona
    • 25px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png UEFA Champions League - Real Madrid
    • 25px-Flag_of_Europe.svg.png UEFA Europa League - Atletico Madrid
    • 25px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Coupe de la Ligue - Montpellier
    • 25px-Flag_of_France.svg.png Coupe de France - Brest
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    Yh76Nba.png

Paris had a very successful season as they returned to the top flight for the first time in over 40 years, finishing in the top half of the table in 8th place. Bellegarde praised his sides attacking display with the team scoring the second most goals in the league only behind their neighbours PSG. Defensively is where they need to improve or work smarter as a team, maybe new goalkeeper signing Lecomte can contribute to that next season. Wamangituka earned the golden boot in the league by only scoring 15 goals, other big strikers couldn't find the consistency this season allowing the up and coming Congo star to take the prize home. Next season the manager states he wants to aim for a European spot as they will push for a top 6 finish and a strong cup run.

Meanwhile in the Premier League Liverpool finally break their league title dry streak finally winning the Premier League finishing 1 point ahead of Manchester City, an incredible day for the city and fans around the world. Van Dijk is wanted by the very best European elite and it was important for the club to win a trophy like this to keep hold of key players, Klopp looks to next season as he targets the Champions League.

One of the big shocks of the season saw back to back UEFA Champions League winners Barcelona drop to 5th place in La Liga, finishing outside the qualifying spots for next season, while the Madrid clubs continue to dominate with Simeone guiding Atletico to a second title in two years and Pochettino winning Real Madrid the Champions League. Barcelona sack Valverde as they search for a new manager to take over with Roberto Martinez the hot favourite to get the job.

Contract extensions
    • Axel Bamba / + 4 years (5 total) / from €3k-€22k week (with €150k signing fee)
    • Pascal Castel / + 3 years (4 total) / from €0.5k-€15k week (with €125k signing fee)
    • Philippe Renaud / + 4 years (5 total) / from €0.5k-€6.5k week (with €50k signing fee)
    Youth Academy Graduates
    eKfTNlq.png
    gKnVdQG.png
    bBtoxhT.png
    POSnaTd.png
    ry6m26N.png
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    mMsMxbq.png
  • LAboog4
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Finishing 8th in the league is a very successful season. You were also able to keep key players to continue building with including the leagues top scorer.

Goal for a Europa league spot next season?
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    What a debut season in Ligue 1. I feel the team will be able to qualify for Europe next season with the right investments
  • DB1512
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    A good first season in the Ligue 1, Thauvin is a very ambistious signing and with him I think you can really achieve Europe next season.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Great first season for Paris. With Thauvin, the team give a great step forward for the year to come. I am not sure the team can still fight for the title, but I don't think it's a dream to be in the top-3, if things go in the right direction.
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    Finishing 8th in the league is a very successful season. You were also able to keep key players to continue building with including the leagues top scorer.
    Goal for a Europa league spot next season?
    Yeah UCL spots are 1-3 and I think PSG, Monaco and either Lyon or Marseille have that locked right now, Europa spots are 4th and potentially 5th and 6th if the cup winners are in the top 4 so my aim is top 5 this season
    What a debut season in Ligue 1. I feel the team will be able to qualify for Europe next season with the right investments
    Yeah the additions of Thauvin and Lecomte will be massive, we should be able to spend a bit of money in the summer too, maybe 15-20m euros we will see.
    A good first season in the Ligue 1, Thauvin is a very ambistious signing and with him I think you can really achieve Europe next season.
    Yeah he will be the main man in this team, adds pace, creativity and another option for goals, a coup for Paris FC for sure
    Great first season for Paris. With Thauvin, the team give a great step forward for the year to come. I am not sure the team can still fight for the title, but I don't think it's a dream to be in the top-3, if things go in the right direction.
    We will see how the season goes, the team is progressing very well and a top 6th finish is minimum I think, depending how other teams do will depend on our finish so let's hope the likes of Lyon, Nice and Marseille have bad seasons, maybe if we turn a few of those draws to wins and we are looking at Europe for season 5!

Sorry the updates have been delayed a bit, I've been away for a bit the last couple of weeks but I have time to get back on the schedule now and update every 5 days and catch up with all the other stories
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    edited March 28
    SEASON 4

y1z2t6S.png

Paris FC manager Pascal Bellegarde spoke with the French press ahead of his forth season in-charge of the club and here is what he had to say;

What is your aim this season Pascal? Minimum requirement and can you really achieve European football so early?
    For sure we can achieve European football, whether that be though a domestic cup competition or finishing high in the table, we showed last season and by the way the clubs first season in the top league in over 40 years that we were very hard to beat, especially in the first half of the season, we drew a lot of games and with our new additions this season and our growth as a team I believe we can turn many of those draws to victories and in conclusion finish without a doubt in the top 6, but the sky is the limit.

The club has a strong rivalry with PSG, how long will it take to dethrone the powerhouse of French football? It's hard to say, every season they keep spending and spending, improving and improving, our aim at this club is to keep a French core, players that known what it means to win at a club like this and will fight for the badge, all we can do is improve together and within the next let's say 3 years for sure we can beat them to the title.

You have an incredible amount of talent at the club but who stands out to you the most, who can become one of the best in the league or maybe the world one day?
    There are too many to choose, but the stand out for me right now is our man upfront Silas Wamangituka, he has the ability to become the best number 9 in the world, he's still very young and if he can keep consistently scoring 20 goals a season he will reach his potential, I hope we can keep him at the club for as long as possible. Another two players I have big hopes for have come right out the youth academy in recent years, Cartier and Castel, those two could play a big part for the French national team in the future so watch out for them.

I know you have committed to the club for two more years keeping you here until summer 2023 and as you get many offers for other jobs you keep rejecting them but at what point do you move on from this club to bigger things or can you take this club to that level either way?
    I believe I can take this club to the elites of Europe given the time and ambition from the owners we can achieve great things, I will only leave this club once my job is complete and in my eyes completion means we have dominated French football and won the league title and we have success in Europe, one day I would like to manage the French national team I think but we are far away from that day. I do not like to talk about other clubs, you know the big clubs around the world the Real Madrid's, the Barcelona's, Bayern Munich, Juventus, even the top English clubs the challenge is there for me in the future but we will see where the path leads in the future, right now I am at a club that has had faith in me and now I will repay them with my loyalty.
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    edited March 23
    eS4Y7rg.png

The main transfer for Paris this summer was the incoming of French defensive midfielder Ibrahima Sissoko from Strasbourg, the 23 year old signs a 5 year contract earning €25k a week, the total fee agreed is said to be €11.5 million. Bellegarde commented on the transfer saying, "He's the perfect fit for us, we wanted to bring in a defensive midfielder that can sit back and control the game, Sissoko can read the game very well and his presence on the pitch is overwhelming he will be key for us this season.

Boubakary Soumaré spent the season on loan at Paris last year and now it seems the club have made the transfer permanent for a fee of €5.25 million, the player will earn €20k a week and will continue his growth with the club for the next 5 years. The final deal that concludes Paris' transfer business this season is Roma centre-back William Bianda, a deal worth around €3.75 million was enough to bring the 21 year old to the club and he will most likely play a back up role to the strong defensive pair of Bamba and Konate.

Summer Window 2021

Transfers in (€20,500,000)
    Ibrahima Sissoko (Strasbourg) - €11,500,000
    Boubakary Soumaré (Lille) - €5,250,000
    William Bianda (Roma) - €3,750,000
    Florian Thauvin - Free
    Benjamin Lecomte - Free

Transfers out (€1,670,000)
    David Leconte (Lechia Gdansk) - €1,200,000
    Christopher Dilo (Rotherham United) - €470,000
    Ousmane Kante (Parana) - Free
    Samuel Yohou (KV Kortrijk) - Free
    Dyjan Azevedo (Rosario Central) - Free
    Loic Mallet (Portland Timbers) - Loan
    Maxime Faure (AC Horsens) - Loan
    Antoine Moreau (Miedz Legnica) - Loan
    Arthur Pasquier (Randers) - Loan
    Olivier Vigne (Alanyaspor) - Loan
    Laurent Alphand (Cercle Brugge) - Loan
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    i3vGKRM.png
    PqCY6Mg.png
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    Hv2sGkR.png

Bellegarde makes bold statement in his recent press conference that there is without a doubt he can take Paris to a European position at the end of this season and the club will be apart of either the Europa League or Champions League next year, can the additions of Lecomte, Thauvin and Sissoko help guide this club to the next level or is Bellegarde underestimating the challenge ahead?

Serbian international Milinković-Savić has hinted that a move to Man Utd could be on the horizon in a recent interview, he was asked about certain clubs around the world such as Real Madrid, Juventus, Bayern but surprisingly he responded with 'none of those clubs interest me, only one and that is Man Utd, they are the biggest club in world football and I want to play in England eventually" Man Utd would most likely need to trigger his release clause that is rumoured to be over 100 million euros to seal the deal.

After rejected Saint-Etienne's approach for his services last season now Lille come in for Paris boss Bellegarde. Lille have promised him a strong transfer budget next season but after further talks with the Paris board and owners it seems Bellegarde will continue to remain at the club for a further 2 season including the current one, promising him everything he needs to take this club to the next level.
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    edited March 23
    LkfiDRE.png
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • JoshDFC
    Team is looking very strong Thauvin is the star of the team and will be expected to deliver in the big games I'm sure this team can finish in europe
  • subpop
    Yes... after the presentation of Paris last season and the arrival of players like Thauvin, I can see the team in the top-4 or top-5, if not even racing for the title, if the big teams aren't in the 90-something points. The team is also young, so it will grow during the season. There are good reasons to feel positive about the future of the team.
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    Team is looking very strong Thauvin is the star of the team and will be expected to deliver in the big games I'm sure this team can finish in europe
    Thauvin in the star for sure, hopefully he can chip in for goals a lot and lessen the burden on Wamangituka.
    Yes... after the presentation of Paris last season and the arrival of players like Thauvin, I can see the team in the top-4 or top-5, if not even racing for the title, if the big teams aren't in the 90-something points. The team is also young, so it will grow during the season. There are good reasons to feel positive about the future of the team.
    If the bigger teams don't perform like Lyon, Monaco, Nice, Marseille and so on I can see us overtaking them, a title challenge is probably out of the question but given 1-2 more transfer windows and the growth of the team I think we can challenge PSG
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    0e0jCiD.png
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    mVgUA8C.png
    HfiHqah.png
    1yn3z83.png
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    edited March 26
    JOCs6fS.png

Horrible injury news hit Paris last October with the two main goal threats Wamangituka and Guitane suffering ACL injuries ruling them out for 7 months, both expected to return in April as the season comes to a close, despite the those injuries Paris continue to perform just as well with back up striker Cartier, Saint-Louis and Alessandrini delivering with strong performances. With January approaching will Bellegarde dip into the transfer market and sign an attacking threat to keep up with the league leaders PSG?

PSG boss Thomas Tuchel spoke out on the noisy neighbours Paris saying they will be no threat to PSG this year or in the years to come, "They are 2nd place and are the closest team to us yes, but for me they are no threat to us at all, we can be much more consistent and have the quality to win this league for the next 5-10 years, there is no French team that can compete with us right until the end, I say to my friend Pascal prove me wrong".

Pascal Bellegarde committed to the club until next year and said he will without a shadow of a doubt not be leaving this club before that, however that hasn't stopped Russian owner Roman Abramovich from approaching the Paris boss, a personal phone call happened only last week however Bellegarde continues to snub any offer that comes to him, but what if Real Madrid or Barcelona come calling?
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    edited March 26
    GLtBBYr.png

Paris got the money together and triggered the release clause of the Standard de Liège creative midfielder Samuel Bastien, surprising a very low clause of €8 million and the deal was complete very shortly, the player had an unsuccessful spell at Chievo in the past and returned back to his home country however now he feels is the right time to move and Bellegarde believes he can make the difference this season with key attackers out injured. A 4 year deal agreed and the player earns a large €40k/w wage. The 25 year old will also take home a €550k bonus in addition to this with some performance bonuses.

Defensive depth was needed and Bellegarde has planned for next season already signing two Ligue 1 stars on pre-contracts for nothing. Firstly Rennes centre-back Jérémy Gélin signs a 4 year deal earning €28k/w. He earned a €350k bonus and will join the club in the summer. Monaco full-back that can play on either side Fodé Ballo-Touré will also join the club on free next summer, the player will earn €25k/w and is expected to play a back-up role to either side next year.

Funds were needed to be made to bring in Bastien and the two defensive signings on pre-contracts and that meant Alessandrini and back up goalkeeper Hassen were sold this window. Hassen departed to Serie A side Bologna for a €7.5m fee. Allowing youth academy graduate Damien Renaud to take the sub goalkeeper role. Alessandrini who was the star signing only 2-3 seasons ago joins Belgian league leaders Anderlecht for €7m.

January Window 2022

Transfers in (€8,000,000)
    Samuel Bastien (Standard de Liège) - €8,000,000

Transfers out (€14,500,000)
    Mouez Hassen (Bologna) - €7,500,000
    Romain Alessandrini (Anderlecht) - €7,000,000
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    wYwC5KQ.png
    pRj2Xnc.png
  • subpop
    Fantastic first half of the season. PSG still dominate, but it's only a 5 point lead. The arrogance of PSG might be their problem at the end.

It's evident that Thauvin has a massive influence in the team. He's a great player and he showed it with goals and assists.

5 points isn't a definitive gap with half league to be played. I believe in the miracle, if PSG isn't near the 90 points they average so far.
  • LAboog4
    649 posts An Exciting Prospect
    5 points back at the half season point is a great achievement. The team has grown into a true contender in a short time, nobody could predict this.

PSG have been known to relax at times and drop points. If Paris FC continue the great form, I can see them doing the unbelievable and winning the league.
  • DB1512
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    Great first half of the season, with Lyon, Marseille, Nice and Monaco choking an European spot is at your fingertips. About the Traore transfer, did Lyon sell him to United and are buying him back now?
  • JoshDFC
    The team are in a very strong position and look likely to finish in the Champions League places
  • Ashy
    9734 posts League Winner
    Fantastic first half of the season. PSG still dominate, but it's only a 5 point lead. The arrogance of PSG might be their problem at the end.
    It's evident that Thauvin has a massive influence in the team. He's a great player and he showed it with goals and assists.
    5 points isn't a definitive gap with half league to be played. I believe in the miracle, if PSG isn't near the 90 points they average so far.
    They are very arrogant and don't see us as a threat, but they soon will see we are the real deal, with Guitane and Wamangituka out Wissa and Thauvin have really delivered on the goals and assists, Thauvin is really carrying the team right now.
    5 points back at the half season point is a great achievement. The team has grown into a true contender in a short time, nobody could predict this.
    PSG have been known to relax at times and drop points. If Paris FC continue the great form, I can see them doing the unbelievable and winning the league.
    5 points isn't too far off at all, we can do it but I think unless PSG crash hard we need to win almost every game, quite unrealistic to do that with my current team but we will see
    Great first half of the season, with Lyon, Marseille, Nice and Monaco choking an European spot is at your fingertips. About the Traore transfer, did Lyon sell him to United and are buying him back now?
    Yeah these team are not performing well enough allowing Paris to become PSG's main challengers this season as of right now, I didn't expect to be in a UCL qualification position this fast but there is till half the season left, and yes Traore was sold to Man Utd I think 2-3 seasons ago then I guess it didn't work well for him so Lyon bought him back, looks like that isn't the only team to buy a former player with Aubameyang returning to Dortmund
    The team are in a very strong position and look likely to finish in the Champions League places
    Indeed, still half a season to go and anything can happen but top 3 looks like a possible aim now.