Paris FC 22/23 Season 5 | Dethroning Qatar's Prized Jewel

Comments

• Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    edited March 28
    myLj027.png

It's finally happened, Paris FC win Ligue 2 and are promoted to Ligue 1 for the first time in 41 years, a massive success for the club and manager Bellegarde. Wamangituka ends top goalscorer with 26 league goals and many clubs could be back in for him this summer. New signing Guitane played a key role behind the striker earning the most assists in the league and full-backs Valery and Maouassa played pivotal roles in the way Bellegarde plays. Free signings Hassen was a big improvement on last season and when he was fit Alessandrini did incredibly well in his first season, let's hope he gets a full season in Ligue 1 after the summer.

Paris FC manager Pascal Bellegarde entered his final year of his contract however reports coming out today confirm he has extended his stay at the French capital a further 2 years, keeping him at the club until 2022. The 'diamond eye' has taken the club to the top flight for the first time in over 40 years as they look to compete with the very best in the country next season. Not only that the board have granted him a big boost in wage funds and transfer budget, reports suggest he will have €15m to play around with compared to the €8m he had last summer. Wage budget is set to increase a further 75% from €115k/week to €200k/week to match other Ligue 1 clubs alike.

The club also pay respects to Lalaïna Nomenjanahary who has been at the club for 4 seasons, the Madagascan winger retires this season and they wish him the best in the future.

Contract extensions
    • Maxime Pasquier / + 4 years (5 total) / from €0.5k-€1.2k week (with €8k signing fee)
    • Silas Wamangituka / + 4 years (5 total) / from €1.25k-€7.5k week (with €25k signing fee)
    Youth Academy Graduates
    ilgJCJz.png
    LWxcdOg.png
    bP3vnIt.png
    8NNp8sR.png
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    hRHstFQ.png
  • DB1512
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    Looks like the huge amount of draws of Reims is one of the biggest reasons you surpassed them in the second half of the season. It will be hard to keep Wamangikuta, but atleast you can offer him Ligue 1 football now.
  • LAboog4
    648 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Congrats on achieving this milestone. Wamangikuta looks like a star in the making so locking him down 5 more years was very big.
  • Wyojasond
    11553 posts Has That Special Something
    Now the real fun begins. Eager to see how you do with this team at the next level.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Congratulations on the title and the promotion. It has been a brilliant season and the team have reached the objective.

In general a very young and promising squad, who may struggle in the early days of Ligue 1, but with a couple of good additions, we can hope we have a competitive team in the season to come. Wamangikuta and Baningime seem very interesting players and it would be nice to grow from these young players.

Willing to see the design of the new team for the season to come.
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    A fantastic achievement congratulations on the promotion it will be interesting to see how the team do in Ligue 1
  • Danimal5981
    2237 posts Fans' Favourite
    Are you going to keep up the pace of the story while in Ligue 1?
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    DB1512 wrote: »
    Looks like the huge amount of draws of Reims is one of the biggest reasons you surpassed them in the second half of the season. It will be hard to keep Wamangikuta, but atleast you can offer him Ligue 1 football now.
    Yep I didn't notice this at first, they could have easily won the league if they didn't draw as many, I didn't have the best 2nd half to the season to be honest, and that's true we will try keep him for another season at the very least, an offer of €30m plus would be the minimum to turn my head I think.
    LAboog4 wrote: »
    Congrats on achieving this milestone. Wamangikuta looks like a star in the making so locking him down 5 more years was very big.
    Crazy to think he was 60 rated 2 seasons ago, now he's 76 and banging in the goals and still only 20!
    Now the real fun begins. Eager to see how you do with this team at the next level.
    Next level indeed, things are starting to amp up now!
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    subpop wrote: »
    Congratulations on the title and the promotion. It has been a brilliant season and the team have reached the objective.
    In general a very young and promising squad, who may struggle in the early days of Ligue 1, but with a couple of good additions, we can hope we have a competitive team in the season to come. Wamangikuta and Baningime seem very interesting players and it would be nice to grow from these young players.
    Willing to see the design of the new team for the season to come.
    I never knew this Wamangituka before starting this and I've fallen in love with him I think :D Something similar happened in one of my older stories years ago with Niang at Sporting, I'll post the starting 11 in the next update
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    A fantastic achievement congratulations on the promotion it will be interesting to see how the team do in Ligue 1
    I'm curious myself, also considering I'm simming my away games will make it very difficult, can my home form keep me in the league or will we surpass all predictions and have an extraordinary season?
    Are you going to keep up the pace of the story while in Ligue 1?
    Yep the pace will continue, I'm currently posting a season over 15 days, 3 big updates every 5 days, if I feel like I'm on my final season which won't be anytime soon I want that to be game by game more detailed but we will see how things go, I'm aiming to do at least 6 seasons to reach my goal
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    edited February 17
    GrqWpeT.png

Board Expectations

Domestic Success
    • Ligue 1: Avoid relegation in your first season
    • Coupe Nationale: Reach the Round of 32 stage
    Financial
    • Finish the season with a €10m profit margin
    Brand Exposure
    • Keep a streak of at least 85% attendance in 10 home league games
    Youth Development
    • Promote a player in each category (GK, DEF, MID, FOR) from the academy this season
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    edited February 17
    BTOXxM2.png

Bellegarde's main target of this summer has been sealed, Ibrahima Konaté returns to his birthplace of Paris after Leipzig agreed to sell the want-away centre-back for €13.5m, Konate grew increasing frustrated with the German club after they signed Akanji from Dortmund in the January window, game time dropped since then and the French midfielder put in a transfer request this summer wanting to return to France. A few clubs were in for him such as Lille, Saint-Étienne and Marseille. However Konate chose to return to Paris as Bellegarde made him a personal phone call, promising him he will be the main man in the defence as the club climb up to the top of France football. Konate signed a 5 year deal, earning a record €28k/week along with a €250k bonus fee.

A player Bellegarde has been monitoring over the two years has been Lille midfielder Boubakary Soumaré, the dominating 6'2" midfielder has been added to ranks after successful negotiations with Lille over a year loan. The French powerhouse is expected to be a squad player pushing the likes of Baningime and Castel and Caqueret for a central position this season. Without a doubt Soumare adds something different and has been likened to Yaya Toure by Lille fans.

Lyon offered the very exciting French future star Maxence Caqueret on loan to Paris for a year and that offer was taken up by manager Bellegarde, the 20 year old will earn a €12.25k/week wage and will directly compete with academy graduate Pascal Castel at the centre of midfield playing the box to box role.

Summer Window 2020

Transfers in (€13,500,000)
    Ibrahima Konaté (RB Leipzig) - €13,500,000
    Boubakary Soumaré (Lille OSC) - Loan
    Maxence Caqueret (Lyon) - Loan

Transfers out (€1,700,000)
    Ogou Akichi (Club Atlético Huracán) - €950,000
    Sabir Bougrine (Ceara SC) - €750,000
    Frédéric Bong (Vissel Kobe) - Free
    Lalaïna Nomenjanahary - Retired
    Arthur Pasquier (FC Zürich) - Loan
    Loic Mallet (Vendsyssel FF) - Loan
    Maxime Faure (Impact Montreal) - Loan
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    byTEnPi.png

g7DYJtP.png
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    edited March 28
    dXGx6nX.png

Euro 2020 was a massive success and Gareth Southgate earned his praises guiding England to their first silverware since the World Cup in 66. After Belgium caused them all sorts of trouble two years prior in the group stage decider and also 3rd and 4th place play-off of World Cup 2018. England have really grown since then with Kane, Sterling and Alli at the forefront of the attack. The combination of Stones and Gomez at the back proved too strong for other European teams. France in particular had an disappointing tournament after their World Cup win, crashing out in the Quarter-Finals however Didier Deschamps will remain until World Cup 2022 in Qatar.

Axel Bamba has had an incredible year at Paris and his growth as a player has risen dramatically, so much so he has been called up to the Ivory Coast squad for the upcoming qualifiers for World Cup 2022. Bamba could play a major part in his countries future with the player only 21 years old. That's not the only good news for Bamba, he has so been named captain of Paris FC for the upcoming season as Bellegarde praises the young defender from recovering from his 7 month injury and will play a key role in Ligue 1 this season.

New stadium plans get underway as the owners of Paris get the go ahead for the €400m project that will take a total of 3 years to complete. The capacity is expected to be around 48000 and the owners have completely funded it themselves without dipping into the transfer funds. The club are in talks with many sponsors on a potential marketing partnership, the stadium name has not been decided just yet but more on this later.
    Post edited by Ashy on
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    8GvSnOb.png
  • subpop
    13 million for a newly promoted Ligue 1 side is a hell... Konate becomes the only and main investment of the team this season. Willing to see how the team performs in this level.

Meanwhile lots of interesting signings in Ligue 1 as PSG has been very active this summer.

When will be the new stadium finished?
  • Wyojasond
    11553 posts Has That Special Something
    Love the team sheet graphic. I like spending most of your transfer money on one target. Team has no misconceptions that it needs a solid defense to stay up and hopefully Konate can provide that.
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    subpop wrote: »
    13 million for a newly promoted Ligue 1 side is a hell... Konate becomes the only and main investment of the team this season. Willing to see how the team performs in this level.
    Meanwhile lots of interesting signings in Ligue 1 as PSG has been very active this summer.
    When will be the new stadium finished?
    Yeah it's not much at all but what can I do, I'm not sure how much a club makes earning promotion in Ligue 1 I know to get to the Prem it's a ton of money but Ligue 1 is a different story. Konate was massive for us, he's at a level of a top 4 French club defender so he will hopefully steer us to stay in the league.
    Love the team sheet graphic. I like spending most of your transfer money on one target. Team has no misconceptions that it needs a solid defense to stay up and hopefully Konate can provide that.
    Yeah defence is key for a promoted team, I think we have a goalscorer at the top with an awesome creative 3 behind him, can they do it at the top level though?
  • JoshDFC
    This will be a tough test now Konate at the back looks a real good addition interested to see how the team deals with the step up in opposition
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    This will be a tough test now Konate at the back looks a real good addition interested to see how the team deals with the step up in opposition
    Step up is massive I'm eager to see how we do, remember I play home games and away games are simmed so I'm thinking home games will be key for us to stay up but let's see how it goes
  • WestardLord
    1500 posts Play-Off Hero
    Konate sounds expensive, but could be the extra level of quality needed to make it through the Ligue 1 teams.

Really like that starting XI graphic.
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    xYR6NIA.png
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    puRvPyk.png

Munh9Bq.png

4SLy1Ci.png
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    n5aPSne.png

Saint-Etienne approached Paris manager Pascal Bellegarde this January with a concrete offer to take change instantly at the top tier French club, they were prepared to pay whatever it took to get him and the Paris board were unhappy with the approach halfway through the season, the ultimate decision was made by the man himself and he rejected it, no statement has come out from the club on the result but it seems Bellegarde will remain at the club for the next few months.

Paris breakthrough youth academy graduate Pascal Castel has smashed Ligue 1 so far, the box to box central midfielder has already assisted more goals this season compared to last in a lower division.

Lyon star Houssem Aouar is set to join Arsenal next summer with ongoing talks reaching a conclusion, all rumour so far and if a deal is in place all details will be revealed in the months ahead, Arsenal's willingness to delay the transfer until the summer edged it for them and we expect the fee to break 50 million euros.
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    edited March 4
    iXopTz9.png

One of the most interesting transfers stories this winter involved the incredible French talent Florian Thauvin, he ran his contract down at Marseille to the final 6 months and was unhappy with the clubs position in the league and their ambition, many clubs were in for the winger including Arsenal, PSG, Napoli, Inter Milan and Valencia. The player wanted to remain in his home country and start consistently which PSG could not offer with Mbappe and Neymar playing his position so out of nowhere Paris FC offer the player a massive payday, a €1M signing fee, and a €95k week wage making him the highest paid player at the club by a mile.

That wasn't the only big signing ready for next summer, Paris snatch Montpellier goalkeeper Benjamin Lecomte on a free pre-contract, the keeper signing a 4 year deal, earning the second highest wage of €45k week with an additional €225k bonus signing fee agreed with the player. Two massive signings for the club ready for next season.

A player that has exited the club is central midfielder Cyril Mandouki, he joins Club Atlético Huracán for a €675k fee this January and the club wish him the best.

Winter Window 2021

Transfers in (€0)

Transfers out (€675,000)
    Cyril Mandouki (Club Atlético Huracán) - €675,000
  • Ashy
    9727 posts League Winner
    gJFiu4I.png

LaSvxUL.png
  • subpop
    Frenkie is not a merengue!!! :s

What a fantastic season so far. I didn't expect such a great performance. It's not a dream to think in big objectives. Only 2 defeats show that the team is very competitive. Sadly, one of the defeats was against the Qatar team.

And Thauvin is a great signing, a great winger that will take Paris to a new level. For now, Alessandrini, Castel and Silas Wamangituka are among the best in the league.

A nice surprise!
  • DB1512
    337 posts Sunday League Hero
    What a season for Paris, Wamangituka proves he can also score on the highest level. Looks like Bellegarde really believes in the project at Paris FC, hopefully he stays for a long time and if he gets signings like Thauvin I think he will stay at least a couple seasons.
  • JoshDFC
    A fantastic first half to the season shows the team can compete with the elite in French Football. I think Thauvin will be the star of Paris for many years to come and will push them to the next level
  • LAboog4
    648 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Very good start to the season. The 5-0 sticks out as an ugly defeat but being a cup match those tend to happen sometimes.

It looks like PSG were very active in the window, they will be a difficult team to contend with but the way Paris is progressing, maybe the impossible is not far off?