Anyone using Prime Rui Costa?

opasni_
3686 posts National Call-Up
I played last year close to 1000 games with him. How is he this year?

He was hot and cold last year, like he shines few games then disappears. But generally I paid about 300k for him at the start of FIFA 18 and I think it was worth it.

This year I'm aiming at first Icon and could use him as CAM and in future buy CR7 to pair those two. I could build him for about 300-400k.

Anyone used him?

Comments

• johnlaker62
    1532 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don’t do him for use. I’ve used him 15 games only because I’m waiting or an Icon SBC to submit him into. There are better icons
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    I got him for about 180k after doing the upgrade packs. Used him for five games at cam. I put a deadeye chem on him to boost his shooting.

I find him to be fairly good. He pops up with the goals - I have 7 in 5 with him in rivals. He does his share of work chasing the ball too. I have to say the thing that lets him down the most is his passing. I don’t find it as good as it should be. I don’t know if it is because I am playing against high pressure a lot so the angles are getting cut out or if he just isn’t that good.

Glad I did him for the price overall, but I would put him in an sbc for an icon I really want in a heartbeat.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2019
    I used him as cm/cam/cdm and he constantly dissapeared, wasnt noticeable or either lost challenges with low ranked players, balance seems way lower for a midfielder... i recently moved him to st though and he puts in work now
  • opasni_
    3686 posts National Call-Up
    Some mixed signals, keep em coming guys :)

Thanks for comments so far!
  • Invincibility
    4814 posts National Call-Up
    Crafted him he's bad can't wait to fodder him for Prime Gullit or Cruyff
  • Gunnercp
    1385 posts Professional
    I did him purely to put into another icon. I did play a few games with before though. He was ok. Not worth 600k or whatever he is though.
  • JURITO1000
    1670 posts Play-Off Hero
    For mé he is the Best from Keane,campbell,Costa trio sbc...by far...he Win a lot of balls, he is strong and he scores/assist
  • MUFC_420
    2924 posts Fans' Favourite
    I used him last week......to put into the Best SBC :D
  • Mrhey31
    3009 posts National Call-Up
    Did him just to put into other SBC but he is just killing it for me at cam. Always there to finish the goal as a number 10.
  • Wikypedia
    522 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He’s decent but there are plenty of better players out there. There are even better non icons players than him.
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2019
    Yeah he gets a lot of hate but i never understand why? Unless people play the best cards down.

I use him in cam hes always banging in goals with either foot. His shot is the same as aubameyangs for me. Nice powerful finesses and love his free kicks, cant score them with anyone else.
    His passing is great and i find hes always running at the ball and intercepting.
    Perfect cm really.

I packed 93 hazard and swapped him out and couldnt get on. i prefer costa.
  • Amdp9
    6855 posts Big Money Move
    Played his loan very inconsistent
  • Colzy
    569 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Really good for me, wide left cam in 4222 also to link to CR7
  • Had him for three days and then put him into figo. No regrets
  • Awful icon, straight into rivaldo
  • JamesH
    481 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Seriously Awful. Avoid. His only good for sbc.
  • D0lvl
    4771 posts Big Money Move
    He's ok. I did his loan so he can eventually be sacrificed to another prime icon sbc. I am going to do Keane next so hopefully the next big prime requiring 2 icons, I'll be ready.

Back to Rui Costa, he isn't bad. He was my CAM before Futmas KDB. He did decent. He is a great Free Kick taker though and was using him over others on my team (cr7, POTM Hazard). His finesse shot is decent. He isn't easily pushed off the ball.

Like what others said, he is just icon sbc fodder at some point.