Hate mail and toxic community

xFATAL
4041 posts National Call-Up
I play alot of competitve games( Fifa, Battlefield,COD and Dark Souls pvp) Rarely get Hate mail in the other games but FUT I get spammed with hate constantly and most of it is because of my stacked team that I earned through flipping Icons early in the game and just playing. Seems like it all really started when we got the wl format. Has EA created this toxic community? Seems like everyone is always so upset and have to take out anger on players that beat them.

Anyways just felt like getting this off my chest after receiving a message "P2W noob" from a guy I beat 6-1.

Comments

• limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move
    Lol. Just chill and ignore the lame kids
  • xFATAL
    limjitwe wrote: »
    Lol. Just chill and ignore the lame kids

I'm ok with it just wondering why so many players in FUT feel the need to send messages after getting destroyed or beating me with a cheaper team.
  • Walsgrove_V2
    2196 posts Fans' Favourite
    I quite enjoy rage messages tbh
  • Damo_Suzuki
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite

Same, wish i got more but i don't get them often at all.
  • Leessa
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    ‘Thanks for playing, couldnt have won it without you’

My standard response for rage and it gets some funny replies.
  • xFATAL
    Leessa wrote: »
    ‘Thanks for playing, couldnt have won it without you’

My standard response for rage and it gets some funny replies.

I dont message back usually but maybe I'll start having some fun with it.
  • BlactionMan
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I was expecting a lot more, used to get loads on XBOX last year but PS has been pretty civil so far.
  • Mmandras
    1783 posts Play-Off Hero
    Never had a single hate message and I've played a good number of games this year. I did recieve death threats, but not in Fifa 19. :)

I guess that people are salty because of stacked team.
  • limjitwe
    6737 posts Big Money Move

I'm ok with it just wondering why so many players in FUT feel the need to send messages after getting destroyed or beating me with a cheaper team.[/quote]

It’s qlways easy for people to get salty. It’s just that simple

• edema1tm
    435 posts An Exciting Prospect
    You can just set the messages to only from friends and eliminate this. some people are so toxic. no time for it for me.
  • Colt_seevers
    1076 posts Professional
    I rarely get them. I find if u skip replays and celebrations during the game and generally play with a little sportsmanship it’ll keep the hate messages to the minimum
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    I was expecting a lot more, used to get loads on XBOX last year but PS has been pretty civil so far.

probably because by now the community has wised up... realized that the rewards arent worth it, the game is broken beyond belief, and its the most pay to win game in history of gaming. 99% of the cards in the game most of us wont even use. The community by now i think has wised up. Over 500+ games played on 19 and i had only 1 hatemail, some idiot calling me ""guardiola wanna be"" or something and that was it... its been very civil compared to last fifas. just think the overall feeling now is dont care and not worth it, most ppl rage quit without even pausing now. Sums up fifa 19. on 18 ppl would pause, make ton of changes, and never give in.... EA has somehow managed to backtrack and make a worse game than 18.
  • Crookieee123
    156 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You boys haven't played for honor if you think fifa is toxic 😂😂😂 the amount of abuse you get on that game is insane
  • Jfo88
    22598 posts Club Captain
    FIFA abuse minor compared to FPS games way worse
  • Amdp9
    2916 posts National Call-Up
    limjitwe wrote: »

I'm ok with it just wondering why so many players in FUT feel the need to send messages after getting destroyed or beating me with a cheaper team.

It’s qlways easy for people to get salty. It’s just that simple

[/quote]

I have my messages off for that reason lol @limjitwe
  • MadScorpion12
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I was told last night that he hopes everyone of my friend and family get cancer and that everyone I love dies. I told hame great game, bit unlucky on your part
  • SeanDCFC
    2372 posts Fans' Favourite
    Very rarely get rage messages on fifa, maybe get one a month max.
  • RandomLhama83
    10092 posts Has That Special Something
    I was told last night that he hopes everyone of my friend and family get cancer and that everyone I love dies. I told hame great game, bit unlucky on your part

Must be a sad individual
  • ICE_UP_SON
    538 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This game does tend to bring out the worst in people and it seems as though people have just embraced it. Out of my 15 games of weekend league 4 teams were named Toxic FC.
  • DavidF92
    83 posts Park Captain
    What exactly do you expect when the game is riddled with soo many glitches people exploit especially in FUT Champs. Since when does a silver striker who got subbed on manage to bang in a first time timed finesse shot who I checked had 58 finishing.

Need say no more.
  • Johnny Bravo
    1302 posts Professional
    I wish I got more, I hardly get any but maybe it's because I'm not very good. Might be a setting on my ps4 too as my recently met list is always empty so I might have blocked messages or something.
  • IxToMxI
    5499 posts Big Money Move
    I rarely get them. I find if u skip replays and celebrations during the game and generally play with a little sportsmanship it’ll keep the hate messages to the minimum

This, if you time waste, pass around the back, score constant bi-line goals, spam time finesse, watch replays, so annoying celebrations most likely you get them and probably deserve them.

If you L1 & R1 after goals your a real MVP
  • freakjas
    5668 posts Big Money Move
    Thought about turning it off but its quite funny.
    One once messaged me cause i dabbed after scoring and how embarassing it is for me to lose haha
  • Pxul_
    7723 posts League Winner
    I’m fuming I don’t get rage messages because my gt is Pxui- however the i is capitalised and I don’t get any rage messages 😂
  • some idiot calling me ""guardiola wanna be""

That seems more like a compliment ?!?
    It would be far more of an insult to be called an "Pardew / Allardyce / Warnock wanna be"...

The benefit of being crap is that rage messages are kept to a minimum

I'm obviously far too nice for this game - I've actually sent a couple of messages to opponents complimenting them on their good play or an interesting team (even though the 81 rated Portuguese league team was on steroids...).
    (no - I didn't hear back...)
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    It depends, if I play someone who doesn't defend and watches celebrations etc I would send them a message asking if that was necessary.

The worst I've done is ask someone if they know what the circle button is for. Depends on who you meet.

The FIFA community is toxic yes, one of the most toxic communities in any MMO type of game I've played. Hell some PVP communities atleast have some respect for each others skill outside the teabagging etc. This is the only community where I've found people go out of their way to **** on your experience and get rewarded for it. In the games I've played, even PKers get punished for being ****. You can gain people's items and **** on their experience for a few minutes but then you have a whole server hunting you and you lose stuff each time you die.

Most messages are easy to ignore, especially if about your team being better etc it's just people venting. It's the in-game stuff that is truly toxic.
  • I quite enjoy rage messages tbh

This. If they don’t send anything report worthy in the first message, bait them til they do 😉
  • Jason1986
    6924 posts Big Money Move

This. If they don’t send anything report worthy in the first message, bait them til they do 😉
    Dirty little grass.
  • Mini_Miudo
    9963 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 15
    I used to send rage messages in FIFA 17 and before. Got suspended from PSN twice. Not anymore though, it's not worth it, it's only a game... so now I just smash my controller and leave it at that.
  • SweatBeautifully
    1353 posts Professional
    Jason1986 wrote: »

Dirty little grass.

😂😂😂