The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Icon crafting Rui Costa

Tomashy300
171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Has anyone had more luck doing this than me? I’ve only got the 85 rated squad to do not only have I not packed a walkout from his sbc packs yet I’m yet to open any of the packs and get boards ie 83 rated players anyone else had this or am I the lucky one?

Comments

• Simsbadger
    897 posts Professional
    Ive done 3 Icon SBC so almost 25-26 packs I think it was and zero walk outs and best player was a 83 rated !!!
  • Waldog94
    2053 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ive crafted keane then into raul this weekend aswell as casillias ibra most of shevchenko and most of potm vvd
  • Fabibi94
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m doing Rui rn too, best from the 100k and 50k packs were Kagawa and Kepa. Ridiculous
  • Tomashy300
    The worst thing is I didn’t even want Rui bloody Costa I wanted ❤️❤️❤️❤️ but was doing Costa to put into that so lost out massively there cos black sbc goes at 6
  • Tomashy300
    Fabibi94 wrote: »
    I’m doing Rui rn too, best from the 100k and 50k packs were Kagawa and Kepa. Ridiculous

Still better than I got I got a few 82s is it just me or have packs been way way way worse over the course of this promo? I know people say packs are weighted worse when there is a promo but this has been a bad joke rare gold players I’ve traded in and the amount that I’ve packed for what I’ve actual had has been absolutely shocking
  • Pocketsquareguy
    6096 posts Big Money Move
    I did costa for 150k out of pocket with this method. Have a club full of high rated cards and got toty marcelo out of it.
  • Tomashy300
    I did costa for 150k out of pocket with this method. Have a club full of high rated cards and got toty marcelo out of it.

This is my point I am not saying I expect a Toty for grinding hard through doing these things but atleast some players to put back into an sbc ie 84 and 85s minimum I was expecting maybe naively but ur opening what about 300k worth of packs? I get about 49k being generous worth of players back and people pack a Toty hmwhere is the fairness in that? I know the odds for Toty are shocking in packs but there are a lot of walkouts who aren’t in Toty my account is cursed
  • Tomashy300
    Honestly at the point now where I’m looking at the 84 rated sbc and knowing I’m getting nothing from it yet I still have to spend 35k more to complete it and I won’t even get 10k worth of players back from it! What should I do? My clubs completely drained now
  • Tomashy300
    Just opened the 85 sbc pack best player to Roma folk I will not be doing this icon crafting again all weekend this has taken me and yet still it’s sucked my account dry I think I’ve actually wasted more in plauers than I could have sold and just bought the damn thing
  • Tomashy300
    Romagnoli
  • johnlaker62
    1302 posts Professional
    I had amazing luck. I’d say this method is coin efficient half the time
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    Done the Campbell, costa and Ballack sbc’s our of all of those packs my best pull was bonnuci. Pulled if Fraser in the 86 squad pack last night. The rest have been about 4 84’s and a tonne of 83’s. I am so so sick of Stefan Savic’ smug face popping up time and again on big packs.

Just so you know ea, I’m about due a decent pull. Drop the la liga sbc tonight and pay me what you owe me. Prime r9 will be fine I will also except any Eusebio or Cruyff.
  • MUFC_420
    2402 posts Fans' Favourite
    I completed Prime Rui Costa and Prime Best on Thursday along with gold 3 and div 3 rank 2 untradable rewards and didn't get 1 walkout. Also done POTM VVD on Friday and still no walkout.

Lucky enough I saved about 500k from icon crafting though but pack weight during this promo has been an absolute joke.
  • Williejno1
    3111 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2019
    I got both if kante and salah back to back packs from set 3 rewards about 6 weeks ago only players of real note in all my years on fut so definitely possible to get something from them
  • Tomashy300
    Ah so I wasn’t the only one just fed up last 3 promos I’ve done I’ve gotten no return from totw guaranteed packs I’ve used over 3 weeks and best I got was Donnarumma worth what 40k next promo I’m not opening any packs not worth the time or effort to do the sbcs when u know factually ur getting nothing!
  • Tomashy300
    Actually opened so many packs I lost the excitement of ( is it gonna be a walkout ) it was more how many duplicates to I get from this pack and how many more sbcs do I have to dump players into now to be able to open another pack! Really sucked might be slightly bitter about it as you may be able to tell
  • Fabibi94
    359 posts Sunday League Hero
    Nearly finished now with Rui and the best pulls were Di Maria and Kagawa :( At least Golf Rares are around 900 atm :D
  • SomeNextGuy
    3207 posts National Call-Up
    What the hell is 'icon crafting'?
  • I SiR MartY I
    5711 posts Big Money Move
    Campbell into Ballack, made maybe 200k back after all the packs
    Rui Costa into Rivaldo- made 50-70k at most
  • GC10
    259 posts Sunday League Hero
    Stoichkov ultimate pack....30 rare players....yeah thanks EA idrissa guaye should definitely be the best player there
  • Tomashy300
    Wow this got popular guessing they bum rammed a lot of us then haha
  • cartyHUNTER
    1421 posts Professional
    I have never packed better than bonnuci from Campbell, Ballack and rui sbc. The untradable bpl packs come out and suddenly I pull Dave silva, firminho, azpi,3 ifs, Kompany and a few 84’s over about 45 packs.

I am of the theory that the icon sbc reward packs are absolutely loaded with crap because they are trying to drain extra coin out of the game. Strange how the untradable packs seem to come out much stronger.
  • Jacques89
    43 posts Last Pick at the Park
    What the hell is 'icon crafting'?

Rinsing cheap rare gold players through premium league upgrade packs, recycling non rare golds into 2 rare player packs. Basically do this over and over to get high rated untradables which are used in the icon SBC’s.

Most people have a decent amount of untradables from rewards so an icon like Rui Costa or Keane can be done for 100-200k and you get heaps of packs in the process which satisfies the gambler in all of us.

• Tomashy300
    Logically thinking an ultimate pack is 30 gold rare players so gold upgrade packs have 2 rare gold players in I’ve rinsed through I’d say easily 1000 player all in all say 1100 is 10 ultimate packs! What would you expect if you opened 10 ultimate packs normally? 5 walkouts?
  • Tomashy300
    I have never packed better than bonnuci from Campbell, Ballack and rui sbc. The untradable bpl packs come out and suddenly I pull Dave silva, firminho, azpi,3 ifs, Kompany and a few 84’s over about 45 packs.

I am of the theory that the icon sbc reward packs are absolutely loaded with crap because they are trying to drain extra coin out of the game. Strange how the untradable packs seem to come out much stronger.

My upgrade packs were as bad mate I couldn’t lack anything rinsing through players and at the end not getting an 83+ just became absolute habit ie I’d open a pack league upgrade or 2 player pack and be guessing which max 81 rated player I was gonna get