Throwing in the towel...

Did everything a could to pull a TOTY. It just isn’t happening. Some decent pulls from roughly 200 packs though. Finished today with IF Arnautovic, Oblak, Pique. I’m a beaten man...

Touché EA

Comments

• JamieT96
    6980 posts Big Money Move
    Same here, opened about 250 premium upgrade packs, finished Rui, Ballack.

No blue, given up.
  • sturges12345
    4507 posts National Call-Up
    Opened near to 200 la liga. Best player godin. At least i completed ibra for basically nothing. Oh well
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Mate I've done 3 Icon SBCs and only have the 84 rated for Keane to do, 130 La Liga premiums and no TOTY either. Completely broke ATM

Feel your pain man, just hasn't been our luck. Maybe rewards will compensate our poor luck and we get an Icon but it's a grind for whoever you want from now.
  • FalconFan
    254 posts Sunday League Hero
    Throwing in the towel, kitchen sink, and anything else I can throw in...
  • Amdp9
    6829 posts Big Money Move
    did about 180 PAcks all premium but no Luck best was Griezmann and rest 84> rated
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    15825 posts World Class
    Another year....no blue

Happy to have got Vrsaljko and zlatan tho
  • Stevie_G
    1016 posts Professional
    Ah finally, after all those pack threads where everyone's packed a blue, some of the unlucky fellas here. Similar to all you guys, opened 3-4 mill worth of packs (SBCs and store) plus stacks of league upgrades. 7 years and counting now, still no TOTY......

Time for the standard Liverpool fan impression, 'Next year is my year!' :lol:
  • DKCena
    1804 posts Play-Off Hero
    Didnt pack anything either this year. My friend packed Messi and TOTY VVD within 2 packs and my best this weekend was Kepa I think.

Packed a 78 TOTW and no card above 81 on SB rewards.
  • Forca-Barca
    3453 posts National Call-Up
    Me too I have never packed any player. No Toty ever or Icon. I give up with packs
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    Yet there are people packing 2-3 TOTY's. :D
  • DieWölfe14
    1814 posts Play-Off Hero
    Stevie_G wrote: »
    Ah finally, after all those pack threads where everyone's packed a blue, some of the unlucky fellas here. Similar to all you guys, opened 3-4 mill worth of packs (SBCs and store) plus stacks of league upgrades. 7 years and counting now, still no TOTY......

Time for the standard Liverpool fan impression, 'Next year is my year!' :lol:

:D
  • Alergi
    1181 posts Professional
    Im about 60 packs in and so far bale, cortouis, and a couple trash 85 and 86s. It just isn’t happening for me lol.
  • Tommygunn
    3346 posts National Call-Up
    Last year opened a 25k pack and packed toty ddg this year I hate to think how many upgrades etc I’ve done and not got even close. Best pull has been 86 ederson :(
  • i want to see dollar amounts sad people.
  • Mmandras
    6267 posts Big Money Move
    DarkManX14 wrote: »
    Did everything a could to pull a TOTY. It just isn’t happening. Some decent pulls from roughly 200 packs though. Finished today with IF Arnautovic, Oblak, Pique. I’m a beaten man...

Touché EA

If there's any consolation, SIF Arautovic is beast.
  • Tboon
    4523 posts National Call-Up
    Same here.... no player left :( lol
  • Edison-Skywalker
    191 posts Sunday League Hero
    Same here, I've tried since TOTY started, opened like 100+ upgrade packs including squad battle rewards, including fut champs rewards and saved up packs from rewards the week before. No TOTY packed.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16674 posts World Class
    Ah just no optimism left on me.
  • I must have done combination of around 500 packs, no blue for me 😔
  • Andyw19_88
    535 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Done 10 ligue 1 and got cavani 3 times 2nd time I put him in a SBC but 3rd was pissed off so just discarded him
  • gafarafa wrote: »
    i want to see dollar amounts sad people.

Sad would be coming on a forum and taking a shot at someone...please see mirror.

I spent a total of $20 on packs for TOTY. I saved packs for weeks to open them from SBC, WL, rivals, squad battles, etc, erc
  • Mmandras wrote: »
    DarkManX14 wrote: »

Touché EA

If there's any consolation, SIF Arautovic is beast.

He looks like it. Excited to try him
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something
    Not as much as some other people but also opened a fair few packs and got no one worth shouting about.

50+ PL/La Liga premium and gold upgrades: 2 walkouts (Otamendi, IF Willian José)
    POTM VVD packs: 1 walkout (Hamsik)
    Rui Costa SBC packs: NO walkouts
    WL Gold 1: NO walkouts
    Div Rivals div1 rank1 untradable: 1 walkout (Buffon)
    Swap Deals 55k pack: No walkout

So yeah, pack weight's pretty dead.
  • Stevie_G
    1016 posts Professional
    Mini_Miudo wrote: »
    Not as much as some other people but also opened a fair few packs and got no one worth shouting about.

50+ PL/La Liga premium and gold upgrades: 2 walkouts (Otamendi, IF Willian José)

Such a deflating feeling rinsing your club and getting nothing.

Really wish that pack weights were cumulative, in the sense the more packs you opened, the higher chance you had of pulling a blue card (until you hit one, then it would reset to the 'normal weight'). It'd give you a real reason to keep grinding packs knowing you're closer than ever before. As it stands, I know I'm no more likely than in the first minute of TOTY, and there's barely a few hours left.........
  • CovLee_Candice
    5108 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2019
    100 pack best pull cavani and veratti. same here beaten man. rinse all my player to get blue but I am beaten man.

at least 0 money spent for this rigged ❤️❤️❤️❤️
  • raul7kiev
    344 posts Sunday League Hero
    A lot of doubts... opened 60 saved packs (25k cheapest, no any league upgrades) and I got only 1 walkout:
    David Silva
    Khedira x 2
    Alaba
    Telles
    Diego Costa
    Alisson
    3 cheap Ifs

Now I have another 5 rare players packs and 11 rera mega packs and full transfer list... its only 4 hours left before TOTy goes and I doubt if I should open last 16 or stop now. I will definitly get more in non-promo time from them.
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    100 pack best pull cavani and veratti. same here beaten man. rinse all my player to get blue but I am beaten man.

at least 0 money spent for this rigged ****

That's the only saving grace, almost loaded FP a few times to add players into the club as I had no coins left, glad I played matches to fund the remaining ones I've done.

Regret somewhat sinking in as the coins could have been used to finish both Campbell and Keane but I'm gonna go into this week knowing I did my best to try and get the player(s) I wanted.

Feeling so deflated right now. Onto DR rewards and Champs for better luck.
  • Mini_Miudo
    10005 posts Has That Special Something

Really wish that pack weights were cumulative, in the sense the more packs you opened, the higher chance you had of pulling a blue card (until you hit one, then it would reset to the 'normal weight'). It'd give you a real reason to keep grinding packs knowing you're closer than ever before. As it stands, I know I'm no more likely than in the first minute of TOTY, and there's barely a few hours left.........

That'd be cool, although it should be capped at some value otherwise you'd be guaranteed a TOTY after a certain amount of packs. But yeah, constantly opening packs and always having a less than 1% chance of packing one is pretty heartbreaking.
  • Stevie_G
    1016 posts Professional

That'd be cool, although it should be capped at some value otherwise you'd be guaranteed a TOTY after a certain amount of packs. But yeah, constantly opening packs and always having a less than 1% chance of packing one is pretty heartbreaking.

I certainly agree. I believe PES has a system where you're guaranteed to get every player over time to be fair, but FUT is such a wide-scale card game that even a very low capped % of 2-3% would be fine with me.

That said, a miracle's just occurred and I've pulled TOTY Marcelo. Unbelievable. Decided to throw away all the crappy 83-88s I had from the 150-200 La Liga upgrades I'd done, into the Icon Keane 85 rated squad (50k pack) and I don't even have any interest in doing him! The tradeable card will be an awesome bonus but tradeable or not, I was always gonna be happy.

I'm almost happy I pulled him on the last day, rather than the first as all that frustration of the grind has finally paid off. Sad for all you guys that didn't get one, it's probably almost too late now but keep plugging away for a couple of hours if you can, get them TOTYs
  • thegabrielNYC
    727 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This is a good idea and possible solution to EA’s future gambling problems.
    That'd be cool, although it should be capped at some value otherwise you'd be guaranteed a TOTY after a certain amount of packs.
    And with something like this to regulate...

EA should hire the two of you because whoever comes up with their stuff currently is whack.
    Kudos on that possible solution @Mini_Miudo @SteveG