Unpopular opinion: WL is still too many games

It was all fun and games and exciting at the beginning of the year but 16 WL later I am gettin pretty much tired of playing 30 games.

I know its “optional” and I am not forced to participate but most of us like to also enjoy the weekend, goto a restaurant, go to a movie, go out, meet friends etc. 30 games is still way too much to squeeze in.

I think 20 games with better “skill” matchmaking would be much better.

Comments

• Cortza
    386 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Absolutely agree.

20 games with a rollover of previously weekend leagues for matchmaking.

Newbies have the usual 5 games for placing.
  • You are 2-0 you get matched with someone who is also 2-0.

You are 6-6 you get matched up with someone who is also 6-6. 20 games and you can still get top 100 if you are good.
  • Kalhead
    480 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I think the games amount is good. Presents an opportunity for more variance. But I would increase the time - I think if you added a day (Monday) then it would be less intense and you could work at your own pace a bit more.
  • Kalhead wrote: »
    I think the games amount is good. Presents an opportunity for more variance. But I would increase the time - I think if you added a day (Monday) then it would be less intense and you could work at your own pace a bit more.

A monday add would be a good idea.

Or maybe just make it 40 games the whole week?
  • sheffutd87
    2625 posts Fans' Favourite
    30 is fine in my opinion.

Lower it too much and the already small skill gap shortens.
  • AFC_95
    8718 posts League Winner
    I think what they should do is make DR/WL the competitive mode and have it last a week, then bring back online seasons with better rewards.
  • senaffc
    1137 posts Professional
    Maybe just add monday or thursday and it will be bettrr
  • Ishibum
    11493 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 12
    The balance is just right tbh. Any fewer and an insane amount of people will be maxxing out their wins
  • Empyrium7
    1644 posts Play-Off Hero
    wish they can make it all week or at least add a day (Thursday or Monday)
    if you work all week. you don't want to waste your weekend playing IFIFA
  • Ishibum wrote: »
    The balance is just right tbh. Any fewer and an insane amount of people will be maxxing out their wins

Are you by chance unemployed? Like the guy above said, people who work don’t want to play Fifa all weekend.
  • SPN1987
    1354 posts Professional
    20 games might be a good idea. Pro clubs should be the mode for competitive FIFA. It only makes sense for a competitive game to have a level playing field right? But EA somehow thinks It's fine to exclude 99% of all players from competing due to not having the rescources available. There might be more young guys like Tekkz around never getting the opportunity to develop their potential for that reason. :( Personally I would never ever be good enough no matter what squad I play with to even come close to compete on a professional level. Nor do I want to.
  • BladesManSUFC
    452 posts Sunday League Hero
    Why can’t fut champs just run all week alongside rivals?? Can play whichever you choose then for the whole week and easily fit in your 30 games
  • Why can’t fut champs just run all week alongside rivals?? Can play whichever you choose then for the whole week and easily fit in your 30 games

Indeed.

WL makes no sense. Also the point redeeming. I should be able to get a “refund” of 2000 if I don’t play any game.

For example a few weeks ago, I had to redeem entrance for the WL, but then had a really busy weekend and I could not play at all.

No game played = points back IMO
  • ASHERLAUYY
    647 posts An Exciting Prospect
    30s fine but if they allowed Monday's I'd enjoy it a lot more
  • PiotrLolo
    847 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 12
    25 on PC was a lot enough. I don't play WL this year but 30 is too much IMO. Maybe if they add 12-24h.
  • DieWölfe14
    1795 posts Play-Off Hero
    AndreiOT89 wrote: »
    It was all fun and games and exciting at the beginning of the year but 16 WL later I am gettin pretty much tired of playing 30 games.

I know its “optional” and I am not forced to participate but most of us like to also enjoy the weekend, goto a restaurant, go to a movie, go out, meet friends etc. 30 games is still way too much to squeeze in.

I think 20 games with better “skill” matchmaking would be much better.

Yeah 20 games would be best. Obviously lower rewards accordingly no problems. 30 is too much for any normal person, it's possible but such a grind.
  • holdenwait
    51332 posts Ballon d'Or Winner
    Agreed, 20 would be perfect
  • Ishibum
    AndreiOT89 wrote: »
    Ishibum wrote: »

Are you by chance unemployed? Like the guy above said, people who work don’t want to play Fifa all weekend.

Full time job with the occasional weekend oncall shift. Also married, have a social life, and manage to fit in my games when I want.

If you have no concept of time management, that's not my fault. Weekend league is supposed to be a hardcore mode. You cant give a hardcore mode casual requirements.
  • Ishibum
    As a concession though, I do think WL should also take in Monday.
  • Renamed123456
    2774 posts National Call-Up
    It's a bit tricky to squeeze in 30 games I usually have to stay up to near 7am playing it and still don't finish all games. That's not right.

It's ridiculous.

If you played every game constant no breaks really fast no doing anything else or edit squad or such, you're talking 3 hours a day.
  • Thunder001
    160 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 12
    It's fine as it is. You don't have to play all the games if you don't want to. Rivals on the other hand is an absolute mess and needs to be changed back to seasons with rewards.
  • Yosef1607
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    Better to have it one more day than having less games.
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    Why anyone thinks 30 games from Friday to Sunday is good completely baffles me. Your literally saying your happy to let the game take your time over the weekend, don’t work, don’t see family or you just have way too much time. One or the other. I’ve only managed to play 9 games since it started due to work and family commitments. More time or less games would benefit every single player in the world as they can simply change the amount of points for each pack
  • HullCity1904
    1288 posts Professional
    25 would be perfect

10x games a day is a lot for some

just over 8 would be just right while keeping it competitive, 20 is too low