Inceptions view on things

Numlocked_
1586 posts Play-Off Hero

It's a long podcast but worth it for me. Toughts? Ideas?

I think they are spot on with almost everything...

1. The casual gamer is left with nothing;
2. The gameplay is unacceptable for a company that is capable of making a decent game. They just don't bother because the money keeps flowing their way;
3. 99% of the cards in the game are completely unused;
4. How come there are still no unlockables and real challenges. The daily and weekly stuff we get is abismal.
5. You can spend 1000's of euro's and still don't get anything worthwhile. Any other game were you spend that kind of money you have EVERYTHING that game has to offer;
6. A player can have played 1000 games and still have not a single of the elite players. Not even 1!

Comments

• joehuk
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    2hour long? crikey!
  • Numlocked_
    1586 posts Play-Off Hero
    joehuk wrote: »
    2hour long? crikey!

I know. I tought so too but it's two hours of testifying the truth. You can play it on the background while playing.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    12606 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 12
    Often tune in to his vids, never understood why people bash him so much when what he says is bang on.....

Watched this video last night and agreed with practically everything that was talked about. This game is hot garbage gameplay wise and is nothing more than one giant cash grab. In particular the last 2 editions but it's been heading this way every year. So I'm not surprised really.... but something's gotta give, and the more the gameplay sucks.....the more I think EA will have to sit up and take notice. You don't keep going back to the same restaurant if you detest the food there.....

The only thing keeping large volumes atm is the licensing and lack of competition. Otherwise trust me, this game wouldn't have the masses playing it. Yes promo packs are doing well as always...blah blah

But more and more are wising up, the end is near lads. I just hope a turnaround is soon and we at least get some fun back into this loved game.

Keep up the jingoism work @InceptionXx
  • joehuk
    2989 posts National Call-Up
    Numlocked_ wrote: »
    2hour long? crikey!

I know. I tought so too but it's two hours of testifying the truth. You can play it on the background while playing.

I'm not playing FIFA : ) can't bring myself to play it at all this weekend the delay is real :)
  • Numlocked_
    1586 posts Play-Off Hero
    2hour long? crikey!

Often tune in to his vids, never understood why people bash him so much when what he says is bang on.....

Watched this video last night and agreed with practically everything that was talked about. This game is hot garbage gameplay wise and is nothing more than one giant cash grab. In particular the last 2 editions but it's been heading this way every year. So I'm not surprised really.... but something's gotta give, and the more the gameplay sucks.....the more I think EA will have to sit up and take notice. You don't keep going back to the same restaurant if you detest the food there.....

The only thing keeping large volumes atm is the licensing and lack of competition. Otherwise trust me, this game wouldn't have the masses playing it. Yes promo packs are doing well as always...blah blah

But more and more are wising up, the end is near lads. I just hope a turnaround is soon and we at least get some fun back into this loved game.

Keep up the jingoism work @InceptionXx

100% true but they are still making billions of dollars. So lets hope this year they earn a billion less than last year and someone up there starts to question things... I also think EA are slowly digging their own grave like this. But that's not what I want. i genuinely want a good football game. And only EA are capable of making one. PES will never be at their level. They just need to start from scratch again...
  • BFC CLARETTRICK
    1169 posts Professional
    Him and whoever it was doing the podcast were spot on the sad thing is this is ea we're dealing with all they need to do with fifa 20 is add add a few new gimmick features and people yet again will be sold and act like its a new improved game.

Its good to see people that actually have balls and will say what they think though it makes a change that being said the damage is already done i just don't think fifa has improved over the years and i don't think in the future it will fifa 19 was my last fifa no matter what.
  • SPN1987
    1909 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 12
    inception has more knowledge about the game than pretty much all of us combined (including me.) So many idiots around here moaning non-stop about things in emotional rants annoy me so much, with no clear proof of actual bad gameplay. They should learn from this guy how to point things out and come up with solutions to improve the game. Instead of going into emo crybaby mode. I really, really, really DON'T give a flying fk about your losing streak. I honestly don't. :s Inception deserves much more recognition for pointing things out perfectly which triggers majority of us. And actually coming up with solutions to make the game more enjoyable. He really wants FIFA to be better instead of some random EA game changer only caring about personal gain.
  • Whitebeard
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    If only gameplay was good and consistent I wouldn't care about most of the other things. I just wanna play the game and my opponent, not the connection ffs.
  • SPN1987
    Whitebeard wrote: »
    If only gameplay was good and consistent I wouldn't care about most of the other things. I just wanna play the game and my opponent, not the connection ffs.

I just lost a game vs a guy shooting the ball from way out with a first time 180 degree shot. Pretty much the only shot he had. While I actually used my brain to create opportunities missing 4 or 5 one on ones for no reason whatsoever. Timed finishing + GK moving is NOT ok dude, among so many other things. It's not just the connection.
  • Whitebeard
    3367 posts National Call-Up
    SPN1987 wrote: »

I just lost a game vs a guy shooting the ball from way out with a first time 180 degree shot. Pretty much the only shot he had. While I actually used my brain to create opportunities missing 4 or 5 one on ones for no reason whatsoever. Timed finishing + GK moving is NOT ok dude, among so many other things. It's not just the connection.

I am not saying it's ok, I'm saying I wouldn't care about it if connection was good.
  • SPN1987
    edited January 12

I am not saying it's ok, I'm saying I wouldn't care about it if connection was good.

Come on dude. Has your standards really dropped that low to be ok with timed finesses, GK moving, OP AI defending, manual tackles bouncing back to opponent all the time and so many other things? Can't get my head around how you or anyone else can be completely fine with it. It just blows my mind. Or whatever left of it due to playing this game. I certainly lost a few braincells scoring and conceding a 180 degree first timed finesse shot.
  • Pikandel
    1031 posts Professional

Had the same problem with the one on ones. I went back to the “oldschool” low-driven shots, no regrets whatsoever 👌🏼
  • SPN1987
    edited January 12
    Pikandel wrote: »

Had the same problem with the one on ones. I went back to the “oldschool” low-driven shots, no regrets whatsoever 👌🏼

Sure, one on ones obviously need to be the most effective way to score. Low drivens are sooooo inconsistent though. It just makes no sense shooting it wide by a few miles while being through on goal not being pressured whatsoever by any defender and hitting green on top of it. You should even score that with a non rare bronze 49 rated GK with 0 finishing abilities.
  • Gromit
    3347 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 12
    Numlocked_ wrote: »

It's a long podcast but worth it for me. Toughts? Ideas?

I think they are spot on with almost everything...

1. The casual gamer is left with nothing;
    2. The gameplay is unacceptable for a company that is capable of making a decent game. They just don't bother because the money keeps flowing their way;
    3. 99% of the cards in the game are completely unused;
    4. How come there are still no unlockables and real challenges. The daily and weekly stuff we get is abismal.
    5. You can spend 1000's of euro's and still don't get anything worthwhile. Any other game were you spend that kind of money you have EVERYTHING that game has to offer;
    6. A player can have played 1000 games and still have not a single of the elite players. Not even 1!

All true, all repeated here daily, but still people are buying FP and letting the shambles continue.

The model is a disgrace, hopefully sanctions will come in and big changes will be made

At the end of the day EA are a business and profit is their aim. But it's more profiteering at the moment. I think they could justifiably go subscription based with FUT which may sound awful to many but its the most logical solution and it would curb the crazy spending and there's no reason why it couldn't be a success for both EA and the end user.

FUT to me is akin to Netflix or Spotify. I think the value it gives from an entertainment point of view is similar to those platforms so a pricing like theirs is probably suitable. It would only work out as a few pence per day and with no need for shady shenanigans to try entice users into spending more the game might actually be a more fair platform.
  • KingBarca
    395 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited January 12
    He basically cries the same tears every single day

He will sit there next year at the exact same spot and say the exact same things over maybe different broken game mechanics etc

Why?Because he wants his reality to become true and hopes EA is changing their mentality.
    He ignores the fact that EA makes billions with Fifa each year and they are through that in the right with what they do and the few people like him with their small following are in the wrong or meaningless.

People ignore that the majority of the over 20 Million people buying Fifa yearly don't care and don't know it better.
    They are happy even with the trash Fifa 19 is.

And no matter how much he feeds the Community Managers with Videos,clips and suggestions it won't do anything.
    If the couple people left working at Fifa19 will fix it you only have less than half a year left by then and the cycle starts over with the next Game.

Even on here with people crying in every thread you can see how the mood suddenly changes once EA is releasing a SBC or something like that.

When you have thread titles like "All we need is a David Luiz Flashback" Card that is completely useless in a game where everything is broken.

But these are the majority of people.
    These are the people that buy Fifa Points and these are the people EA is listening to because they make them the money.

The 20 people that comment under his twitter posts and Youtube Videos will surely show EA how afraid they have to be.
    Especially if half of them stop complaining once EA is releasing the right SBCs and the couple others talk about how garbage the game is because they LOSE(something Inception doesn't care about at all) meaning they don't even understand most of his problems with Fifa.

And this talk about how this and that game company does it so much better gets old very fast too.
    Every game has its problems once you have to play it 10+ hours a day but you don't realize it that easily as an outsider like you do with Fifa.
    If EPIC doesn't work that much on Fortnite they lose basically everything because people have other games.
    They have to make sure this machine keeps running and the people keep playing and stay satisfied.
    EPIC = Fortnite if it falls EPIC will have nothing left basically outside of licensing out their Engine like they are used to.
    They had a hard time before Fortnite had its breakthrough since they sold Gears of War to Microsoft and cut the exlusivity ties with them and were kinda only an Engine Factory in recent times.
    EA is much more than Fifa and at the same time Fifa is completely unchallenged on the market and Casuals are happy to spend money no matter how bad the game may be.

Totally different scenarios.

People that start this comparisons also don't know how much money the Fifa Studio itself has/gets.
    Yes Fifa makes billions but this doesn't mean the Fifa Studio is seeing anything from it.
    The money goes to EA and as long as the finances are looking good this means the Fifa Studio has enough budget to keep it going.
    Maybe they need a couple 100 more people to work on this game but they won't get the ressources for that.
  • SPN1987
    KingBarca wrote: »

He will sit there next year at the exact same spot and say the exact same things over maybe different broken game mechanics etc

Why?Because he wants his reality to become true and hopes EA is changing their mentality.
    He ignores the fact that EA makes billions with Fifa each year and they are through that in the right with what they do and the few people like him with their small following are in the wrong or meaningless.

People ignore that the majority of the over 20 Million people buying Fifa yearly don't care and don't know it better.

Even on here with people crying in every thread you can see how the mood suddenly changes once EA is releasing a SBC or something like that.

When you have thread titles like "All we need is a David Luiz Flashback" Card that is completely useless in a game where everything is broken.

These are the people that buy Fifa Points and these are the people EA is listening to because they make them the money.

The 20 people that comment under his twitter posts and Youtube Videos will surely show EA how afraid they have to be.
    Especially if half of them stop complaining once EA is releasing the right SBCs and the couple others talk about how garbage the game is because they LOSE(something Inception doesn't care about at all) meaning they don't even understand most of his problems with Fifa.

And this talk about how this and that game company does it so much better gets old very fast too.
    Every game has its problems once you have to play it 10+ hours a day but you don't realize it that easily as an outsider like you do with Fifa.

EA employees watch him closely and communicate with him on a regular base. He actually has some influence, unlike you and I. So just stop your negativitiy and never play FIFA again for your own sake, if you think all hope is gone of this game to ever be fixed. I still have some hope, that's why I'm still here at this forum. Not sure why you still hang around though.
  • Only time this game will have a significant are change are when the sanctions roll in by the courts.
    I don’t know how anyone can say this is not a form of gambling. FUT draft with fifa point is a pure example of it.
    Rewards system needs to be changed. You want a a national German icon.....play with a national German team score x amount of goals from free kicks/ x from corners/x long shots out the box.
    You want serie a dybala or national dybala do either serie a themed achievements or Argentinian team achievements.

• RandomLhama83
    10090 posts Has That Special Something
    Lol inception has influence lmao who told u that ?? I legit think he’s crying is to cater to his base to stay subbed to him considering they also hate the game.
  • tilen11
    4810 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 12
    Inception doesnt have any influence. He has good relationship with community managers. Having good relationship with them means nothing since they cant change anything. They are just people who "pass info to the dev team" and nothing gets changed since devs dont really care what community wants.

But everything that was said in this video is true. He wants a better game so he will fight for it and there is nothing wrong about that. Will anything change? No. Money matters, gameplay doesnt. People will still buy the game and spend money.
  • BiigDee
    4329 posts National Call-Up
    An this is why nothing will ever change. For every legitimate point he has someone will slate him. Even the community can’t come together and stick together. Half the moaners are happy now as they have Ibra. The company are rotten and their game is rotten and so are half the people here. The company can do what they want and get away with it as there is no rival competition and until there is fifa will always role put unfinished games
  • SPN1987
    edited January 12
    BiigDee wrote: »
    An this is why nothing will ever change. For every legitimate point he has someone will slate him. Even the community can’t come together and stick together. Half the moaners are happy now as they have Ibra. The company are rotten and their game is rotten and so are half the people here. The company can do what they want and get away with it as there is no rival competition and until there is fifa will always role put unfinished games

EXACTLY, we need to come together as a community instead of moaning non-stop how nothing will help to fix the game. I think this is by far the most divided community ever. About 90% of us hate timed finesses and the OP AI defending right? Still we think it is more viable to trashtalk each other than finally get together and protest as one like every sensible community would do.... :(
  • BiigDee
    4329 posts National Call-Up

EXACTLY, we need to come together as a community instead of moaning non-stop how nothing will help to fix the game. I think this is by far the most divided community ever. About 90% of us hate timed finesses and the OP AI defending right? Still we think it is more viable to trashtalk each other than finally get together and protest as one like every sensible community would do.... :(

My Yellow Hi Viz Vest is at the ready 😂
  • SPN1987

My Yellow Hi Viz Vest is at the ready 😂

Whatever it takes :D
  • RandomLhama83
    edited January 12
    Wa

EA employees watch him closely and communicate with him on a regular base. He actually has some influence, unlike you and I. So just stop your negativitiy and never play FIFA again for your own sake, if you think all hope is gone of this game to ever be fixed. I still have some hope, that's why I'm still here at this forum. Not sure why you still hang around though.

Watch him closely lol... ea on vacation on the 🏖.. yes they watchin him so close
  • SPN1987
    Wa

Watch him closely lol... ea on vacation on the 🏖.. yes they watchin him so close

Your negativity is inspiring...
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    He's correct on a lot of things.

This game is a pack collecting game. I refuse to post on fifa reddit because people will literally think you're a child who likes shiny packs and doesn't play real games.

If the gameplay is this bad how can you actually do anything else when it results in you having to play bad gameplay.

Imo the sooner packs are regulated by governments the sooner ea will be forced to address gameplay issues and other gamemodes.

I mean for goodness sake if you play career mode it advertises UT midway through playing..
  • TopClass13
    1129 posts Professional
    Inception got it right
  • RandomLhama83
    Wa

Your negativity is inspiring...

faxx. juss fax
  • Aguy9916
    593 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Only time this game will have a significant are change are when the sanctions roll in by the courts.
    I don’t know how anyone can say this is not a form of gambling. FUT draft with fifa point is a pure example of it.
    Rewards system needs to be changed. You want a a national German icon.....play with a national German team score x amount of goals from free kicks/ x from corners/x long shots out the box.
    You want serie a dybala or national dybala do either serie a themed achievements or Argentinian team achievements.

Exactly this... I don't understand how the game is still allowed to operate in this way, no warnings about gambling or 18+ on the game.
    It's one big money making scam. I for one hope one day it will be ruled as illegal and everyone can claim back all their money. It's a disgrace.
  • SPN1987
    Aguy9916 wrote: »
    Only time this game will have a significant are change are when the sanctions roll in by the courts.

Exactly this... I don't understand how the game is still allowed to operate in this way, no warnings about gambling or 18+ on the game.
    It's one big money making scam. I for one hope one day it will be ruled as illegal and everyone can claim back all their money. It's a disgrace.

People actually WANT to spend money on FP. It's not like anyone forces them to do so. So why the hell do they deserve their money back? They support the ''scam''. Those people obviously don't think they get scammed by EA. :s