Upgrade packs to ICON

Comments

• Fliip
    5 posts Ball Boy
    For how much do you guys buy the rares? Kinda annoying to mass bid on them imo :D
  • Vinny1979
    3703 posts National Call-Up
  • Futfanatic
    11986 posts Has That Special Something
    Thiago Silva!!! Will go nice with Buffon in the last sbc.
  • Derryboy
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Screenshot-20190112-183309.jpg

TOTW I've packed from this week from doing this. Fraser and Cazorla were tradeable from resulting packs in rui sbc
  • Futfanatic
    Getting bored as hell now, might take the buffon, silva, IF Asenjo and 91 Casillas and just buy the rest.

Also did Ibra sbc with my lower pulls 😂
  • Pocketsquareguy
    4248 posts National Call-Up
    I just got a duplicate casemiro with nothing to use him on... I guess I’ll give the trade pile glitch a try.
  • DIXON THFC
    2472 posts Fans' Favourite
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    Hey guys, thank you for your opinions.

So the first decision I need to make is to do Rui Costa sbc or to buy an ICON.

Sbc is 650k, icon cost 530k to buy!

I need to save 120k to make it worth it to do it!

Mate I reckon you'll easy make over 120k with all the packs from the SBC. With the mind set you have in the OP you know you want to so the SBC.

Let me know the results I'm interested. Bookmarked.
  • truegunn3r
    8543 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 12
    Done atleast 40 Premium La Liga upgrades:

IF Asenjo
    SIF Cazorla x 3
    IF Arthur x 5
    Other La Liga IF’s
    Griezmann
    Busquets
    Navas
    Ter Stegen
    Pique
    Rakitic
    Saul x 2
    Coutinho
    Vidal
    and lots of 84’s

Helped me in completing Prime Stoichkov and FB Ibra

Shame I got no TOTY or Bale though
  • Futfanatic
    Did the 88 SBC for 145k + my upgrade pulls! Costs 320k from scratch so saved some more!

Only the 87 sbc left, only have IF 87 Asenjo ready for that one.
  • JuliantbX
    1820 posts Play-Off Hero
    I’m Going to be rinsing the PL soon. Lets see How it looks like when Kante Walks out
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2826 posts Fans' Favourite
    BiigDee wrote: »
    Will take quite a long time, I might try to do rui Costa tonight. Did it last night, and my coin balance went down 350k but I got ibra, potm vvd, toty de gea and toty mbappe (both untradable) and a boat load of untradables (Cavani, mane, veratti, Alison etc)
    Got 200k left in liquid coins so I'll rinse that through tonight and see if I can get anymore toty's and hopefully i can get Costa done fairly cheaply along the way

How much did you start with mate? Go straight for the rares or start with plain gold upgrades. How much would you put in to start? I’ve 780k just sitting there and I’m bored

No, just started by buying loads of rares then building premium league packs and the the non rares to do gold upgrades. You get 2 rares in a gold upgrade, the normal league pack gives 1 rare and 2 common

Yea started with 550k in coins and finished yesterday at 200.
  • DIXON THFC
    2472 posts Fans' Favourite
    Ive got about 1.6 mil in cash as well as a team I'm very happy with, I'm so tempted to just go bonkers myself.
  • truegunn3r
    8543 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 12
    Will take quite a long time, I might try to do rui Costa tonight. Did it last night, and my coin balance went down 350k but I got ibra, potm vvd, toty de gea and toty mbappe (both untradable) and a boat load of untradables (Cavani, mane, veratti, Alison etc)
    Got 200k left in liquid coins so I'll rinse that through tonight and see if I can get anymore toty's and hopefully i can get Costa done fairly cheaply along the way

How much did you start with mate? Go straight for the rares or start with plain gold upgrades. How much would you put in to start? I’ve 780k just sitting there and I’m bored

No, just started by buying loads of rares then building premium league packs and the the non rares to do gold upgrades. You get 2 rares in a gold upgrade, the normal league pack gives 1 rare and 2 common

The normal league upgrade gave me Ter Stegen and Rakitic though
  • Fabibi94
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    truegunn3r wrote: »

That’s what I’m thinking, wouldn’t it make more sense to do League Upgrade SBCs instead of Gold Upgrades?
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2826 posts Fans' Favourite

Just based my decision on getting the most rare players and therefore opened the most premium league packs. But at the end of the day it's all luck, they can come from anywhere
  • Springveldt
    4390 posts National Call-Up
    Fabibi94 wrote: »

That’s what I’m thinking, wouldn’t it make more sense to do League Upgrade SBCs instead of Gold Upgrades?
    You are guaranteed 2 rares from the gold upgrade but the league upgrade doesn’t.
  • Futfanatic
    Almost finished! Only the bronze and silver sbc left.
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Actually just got TOTY Kante!

Rui Costa and VVD almost done too.
  • Futfanatic
    etu9nwznadi.png

Finished! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

1M cost overall in the end!

Did Ibra with the left-overs too!
  • mdizzl3
    12287 posts Has That Special Something
    etu9nwznadi.png

Finished! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

That's pretty decent!
  • Futfanatic
    So overall this method has worked for me, packed nothing crazy but all the 84’s,85’s,86’s few 88’s and IF’s helped a lot.

I think it works best for the lower icons because you can’t really use those 83’s 84’s in the higher sbc’s.

I’m happy I did it anyway! 1.8M Icon for 1M untradable sounds about right for me.
  • Gooner
    4830 posts National Call-Up
    Which league upgrade did you do?
  • RobBanner
    226 posts Sunday League Hero
    You’ve inspired me to do this for the Roy Keane SBC! First La Liga pack IF Santi. 1st gold upgrade pack was Alex Sandro!!
  • CarlF
    502 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited January 12
    I'd love to do this for Raul, but I only have 400k. I'll have to save for a few weeks.

*edit: of course I can't save for a few weeks, as the SBC's expire tomorrow. Ah well.
  • nj10
    2193 posts Fans' Favourite
    Are you guys going from

Bronze to silver
    Silver to gold
    Gold to gold upgrades then
    League packs?
    Or 82 plus?
  • Zero_velocity
    670 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It does work if you’re lucky. And
    CarlF wrote: »
    I'd love to do this for Raul, but I only have 400k. I'll have to save for a few weeks.

*edit: of course I can't save for a few weeks, as the SBC's expire tomorrow. Ah well.

It expires in 11 days!
  • Safehands84
    3087 posts National Call-Up
    I done a lot today got Vidal and 81 if in one rest has been absolute dross. I was going to do Costa for later down the line and encase I wanted to do best, but missed the boat. The time was Wednesday and Thursday, prices are high no with the flashback sbcs
  • BiigDee
    4329 posts National Call-Up
    etu9nwznadi.png

Finished! 🥳🥳🥳🥳

Nice Job Man, he’s top drawer so enjoy. Scores assorts for me and very nice headers.

I will say this method has proved it works but is all dependent on your luck. I couldn’t pull a cracker lately so backed out. To spend 40k and rinse all cards back in without a board got me worried I could hit 150 with minimal stuff. I’ve done the small icons so not much use towards Best what with my luck. I’m still tempted on VVD POTM though but will
    Sleep on it
  • ofaroldainternet
    1033 posts Professional
    You're doing that all with premium league upgrades? I did a few and got what could be qualified as nothing...
  • Kulman
    333 posts Sunday League Hero
    Shevchenko and Keane 380k total. Got Cazorla 3 packs in a row.