Upgrade packs to ICON

Futfanatic
12132 posts Has That Special Something
So I’m hearing people do this, league upgrade packs, use what they get to do the icons sbc’s!

I wanna do it just for the hell of it, thinking Raul.

However, do I first do a lower icon to put into Raul sbc?

And which league upgrade packs are best to do this?

Comments

• Derryboy
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Futfanatic wrote: »
    So I’m hearing people do this, league upgrade packs, use what they get to do the icons sbc’s!

La Liga and prem as they've got the informs. I would do a cheap icon first, more packs
  • MUFC_420
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    I done these over the past 2 days for Best and POTM VVD. I done Rui Costa first and used alot of untradables then everything under 83 rated from the packs then went into 82+ and premium pl upgrades to bring the cost of the Best SBC down.

Then yesterday for POTM VVD I done the PL premium upgrades to bring the cost of it down.

Think I saved a few hundred thousand at least by doing this.
  • deang07
    7921 posts League Winner

id deffo say la liga ones m8 , a hell of alot of 83 84 + cards
    alot of walkouts
    and a few chances at a toty
  • Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up
    Ive been doing it all week that I could.

It does work to an extent but it still costs you a fair amount.

Not packed anything huge but have packed a ton of walkouts and 85s and 84s.
  • Futfanatic
    Hey guys, thank you for your opinions.

So the first decision I need to make is to do Rui Costa sbc or to buy an ICON.

Sbc is 650k, icon cost 530k to buy!

I need to save 120k to make it worth it to do it!
  • BiigDee
    4329 posts National Call-Up
    What if you get awful luck though?
  • mdizzl3
    12291 posts Has That Special Something
    Hey guys, thank you for your opinions.

So the first decision I need to make is to do Rui Costa sbc or to buy an ICON.

Sbc is 650k, icon cost 530k to buy!

I need to save 120k to make it worth it to do it!

I'd buy him mate less of a chore
  • Lackosweat
    5272 posts Big Money Move
    Buy him.
  • dabeags
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    Been doing it with LaLiga, it’s fun but kind of a grind. In the past day I have pulled Godin x2 and Navas as well. Lots of 85-83 as well.
  • Futfanatic
    Yes I think it’s not worth it to do Rui Costa so first up is getting an Icon for a good price!
  • BiigDee
    What’s the exact method to do it? I have 780k just sitting there and I’m not playing. Just buy a load of rares and rinse them into the upgrade? How much would you say to spend?
  • mdizzl3
    12291 posts Has That Special Something
    88 rated squad is going to be a tricky one
  • Futfanatic
    BiigDee wrote: »
    What’s the exact method to do it? I have 780k just sitting there and I’m not playing. Just buy a load of rares and rinse them into the upgrade? How much would you say to spend?

Its basically recycling everything from the upgrade packs and when you’re close to having enough for part of the sbc you buy the rest to finish it. You don’t want to get a duplicate at the wrong moment.
  • Futfanatic
    So I’m gonna push the icon buying a bit ahead.

I’m starting with a coin total of 1.44M, and a 91 casillas to put in the sbc. Will have to buy all the golds for the upgrade packs!

I think I’m starting with ligue 1, not a lot of rare golds there.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    2866 posts Fans' Favourite
    Will take quite a long time, I might try to do rui Costa tonight. Did it last night, and my coin balance went down 350k but I got ibra, potm vvd, toty de gea and toty mbappe (both untradable) and a boat load of untradables (Cavani, mane, veratti, Alison etc)
    Got 200k left in liquid coins so I'll rinse that through tonight and see if I can get anymore toty's and hopefully i can get Costa done fairly cheaply along the way
  • BiigDee
    Will take quite a long time, I might try to do rui Costa tonight. Did it last night, and my coin balance went down 350k but I got ibra, potm vvd, toty de gea and toty mbappe (both untradable) and a boat load of untradables (Cavani, mane, veratti, Alison etc)
    Got 200k left in liquid coins so I'll rinse that through tonight and see if I can get anymore toty's and hopefully i can get Costa done fairly cheaply along the way

How much did you start with mate? Go straight for the rares or start with plain gold upgrades. How much would you put in to start? I’ve 780k just sitting there and I’m bored
  • smcali23
    1185 posts Professional

Wow. So you started with 550k?

• Aspral
    3378 posts National Call-Up

You do the premium league upgrades. = 3 rares 9 non rares

Non rares into the normal gold upgrade (under upgrades) +3 bought = 2 rares

Total = 5 rares. So you buy 6 rares and repeat it over and over.

So you keep 83s and above for sbcs. Switch between BPL, Ligue 1 and La Liga so you dont rack up duplicates.

Having done it a lot it does work very well but still it will eat up coins.
  • BiigDee
    Aspral wrote: »

You do the premium league upgrades. = 3 rares 9 non rares

Non rares into the normal gold upgrade (under upgrades) +3 bought = 2 rares

Total = 5 rares. So you buy 6 rares and repeat it over and over.

So you keep 83s and above for sbcs. Switch between BPL, Ligue 1 and La Liga so you dont rack up duplicates.

Having done it a lot it does work very well but still it will eat up coins.

Cheers buddy, would you say to go all in or just start with a set amount?
  • DarthGrowler
    14145 posts Has That Special Something
    I got Keane with all the crap I got from upgrades lol
  • dabeags
    386 posts Sunday League Hero
    Generally, with a bit of luck you can knock of 300-400k with a 100k use of coins. Atleast that’s what I did earlier with Campbell.
  • Yosef1607
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    It helped me to finish 3 packs of VVD (got 3 informs) and finish zlatan for so cheap
    I had 30k coins when i started doing them
  • Futfanatic
    So I did the first five upgrade packs from ligue 1, packed a few 83’s 84’s and a buffon! So that’s a good start. Will now do a few pl ones.
  • Derryboy
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero

Its basically recycling everything from the upgrade packs and when you’re close to having enough for part of the sbc you buy the rest to finish it. You don’t want to get a duplicate at the wrong moment.

I wait until I get a dupe then decide which sbc to do him in
  • IxToMxI
    5435 posts Big Money Move
    Deffo worth doing, I did Keane last night after the recycling and packed bale in the 100k pack, cost me about 205k to do him, will put him into Best later unless they release someone else I want
  • Futfanatic
    Worked out that to do 5 upgrade packs it costs me
    1) 11x750= 8.250
    2) 2x 400 coins to do gold upgrade with the non-rares
    3) 5 rare golds + 6 rare golds for 4.5k from the market.

So after the first one it costs rougly 5k to do another one. One good pull from 5 packs would do!
  • AlbinoXI
    1363 posts Professional
    Yes I think it’s not worth it to do Rui Costa so first up is getting an Icon for a good price!

I’ve completed shevchenko and Keane for 500k outlay packed Toty Marcelo tradeable and and varane untradeable whilst doing them. 100% complete Costa first
  • Futfanatic
    AlbinoXI wrote: »

I’ve completed shevchenko and Keane for 500k outlay packed Toty Marcelo tradeable and and varane untradeable whilst doing them. 100% complete Costa first

I’ve just sniped a petit for 510 to do the icon part 😜

Packed 3 IF’s an 85 and an 84 I can use.
  • Fabibi94
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    Could someone please explain how exactly this works? I don’t really get it. :(
  • AlbinoXI
    1363 posts Professional
    AlbinoXI wrote: »

I’ve just sniped a petit for 510 to do the icon part 😜

Packed 3 IF’s an 85 and an 84 I can use.

From the 500k I also have an 87 rated team with 2 informs so probably around 300k worth waiting for the next sbc. Obviously I was very lucky to get 1.4m for Marcelo but couldn’t rate this method highly enough