Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

Why EA, why?

Pauldejong6
4342 posts National Call-Up
edited January 12
Why are EA treating us like monkeys? Why is AI assisting on defense so strong? Why do EA claim to have patched stuff while they obviously haven't and/or have undone previous patches in newer patches without communicating? Why can't my 91 Casillas not even touch the slowest (near) post finesse my grandma would save with ease (without moving my gk)? Why does my TOTY KdB play as RB and Fabinho play as ST when I've changed formation in game? Why does my team play like Ajax one game, and like de Graafschap next game, with the same players/tactics/etc? Or even within one game? Why is it completely irrelevant to have a football IQ in a football game? Why do you put people who try to play defense as manually as possible, into a giant disadvantage over ppl who just watch their cpu run the D? Why not create a skill gap? And lets not even talk about servers, delay, I had 2 disconnects in WL yesterday.

I'm trying my utmost best not to get tilted/frustrated anymore, and just enjoy everything that's a little enjoyable in this game. But when I sit down, when I think of what's actually happening in games, it's making my head spin wondering why I even play a game that's so flawed. In the end, I keep playing because I love football, and PES is improving, but still worse than FIFA. It's so frustrating that only with a little effort, a little care from EA, this game would be so much more fun and more rewarding to play. I know there are thousands of posts like this, just had to unload.

Comments

• hrv97
    3302 posts National Call-Up
    Why can't i finally get a toty ea? :'(
  • Scutch
    7348 posts League Winner
    You just have to try and get into the mindset that it’s a video game and your footballing brain, expertise and intuition will not reflect how EA have built their own version of how they see football playing out. For example, you could see a perfect pass to a player making a run clear on goal, but as soon as you press that pass button, the AI takes over from your intent and often interprets it completely differently, putting the pass to a different player. In this respect, we’ll never have a football game that puts you as the player in control of everything.
  • WildaF3niX
    1566 posts Play-Off Hero
    Paul mate, why? Because they can do it
  • DaveSaves
    19961 posts Club Captain
    I'm trying my utmost best not to get tilted/frustrated.

How’s that working out for you?
  • Pauldejong6
    Scutch wrote: »
    You just have to try and get into the mindset that it’s a video game and your footballing brain, expertise and intuition will not reflect how EA have built their own version of how they see football playing out. For example, you could see a perfect pass to a player making a run clear on goal, but as soon as you press that pass button, the AI takes over from your intent and often interprets it completely differently, putting the pass to a different player. In this respect, we’ll never have a football game that puts you as the player in control of everything.

I know man, I don't expect it to be a 100% simulation of football. But it should be a little more than running AI defense, and just spam timed finesse asap. Because that's pretty much all the 'skill' or 'intelligence' needed in this game.
    And that still leaves glitches in formation switching, servers/delay, (communication about) patches, and the words we are no allowed to talk about in this forum.
  • Pauldejong6
    DaveSaves wrote: »

Glad youre back.
  • Scutch
    7348 posts League Winner
    Scutch wrote: »

I know man, I don't expect it to be a 100% simulation of football. But it should be a little more than running AI defense, and just spam timed finesse asap. Because that's pretty much all the 'skill' or 'intelligence' needed in this game.
    And that still leaves glitches in formation switching, servers/delay, (communication about) patches, and the words we are no allowed to talk about in this forum.

I don’t care what anyone says or argues, it happens. That’s my opinion. How or why, no idea. But I won’t change my mind.
  • DaveSaves
    19961 posts Club Captain

Glad youre back.

Most of your complaints are things you’re thinking are there but aren’t. Overcome that and you’ll enjoy the game much better.
  • Scutch
    7348 posts League Winner

Hardest part of the game. Unless playing Arif or any other random in a friendly. Competitive just the opposite.
  • Pauldejong6
    edited January 12

Glad youre back.

Most of your complaints are things you’re thinking are there but aren’t. Overcome that and you’ll enjoy the game much better.

:smiley: Haha, most of the time I just laugh about it, but sometimes it's just too much to keep enjoying myself. Sure, I can put the game away, take it like it is, and play again when my head is up to it. Maybe some things are in my head, perhaps due to a lack of communication from EA? Other things are definitely not in my head and ruining the fun of playing. Like poor servers, formation switching that puts players in different positions I want them too, etc, etc. These should be basic things for a game and work properly, I'm not even asking for miracles.
  • Richard
    11036 posts Has That Special Something
    Tbf TOTY KdB at RB would still be pretty good.
  • hrv97
    3302 posts National Call-Up

Glad youre back.

:joy:
  • DaveSaves
    19961 posts Club Captain

Glad youre back.

:smiley: Haha, most of the time I just laugh about it, but sometimes it's just too much to keep enjoying myself. Sure, I can put the game away, take it like it is, and play again when my head is up to it. Maybe some things are in my head, perhaps due to a lack of communication from EA? Other things are definitely not in my head and ruining the fun of playing. Like poor servers, formation switching that puts players in different positions I want them too, etc, etc. These should be basic things for a game and work properly, I'm not even asking for miracles.

Players moving position drives me mad because it’s not immediately obvious until you play a through ball and it’s someone who can’t run/finish.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    24216 posts Club Captain
    hrv97 wrote: »
    Why can't i finally get a toty ea? :'(

Asking the real questions here.
  • DonovanFan
    524 posts An Exciting Prospect

Glad youre back.

You love telling people that kind of thing. And you are WRONG as usual
  • RebelRob
    3172 posts National Call-Up

Glad youre back.

His second line was about ai defending, and it’s 100% a thing despite them patching it 3 times.

Next thing was about patching stuff that hasn’t worked, which is right.

After that was how poor keepers are, which is right also.

Then players out of position after ig changes, which is still broken so he’s right on that.

Teams DO change from game to game, one playing like gods and then unable to make a 10 yard pass the next, while your opponents Jesus can disposed anyone while your Fabinho just lifts his leg over passes and lets them roll underneath them. You might disagree, but loads of us on here, who are Fifa regulars and know the game well can’t all be experiencing ‘something that doesn’t exist’ according to you, despite us having clips of all the bs that occurs, so I’d argue he’s right there as well.

Manual defenders are disadvantaged, again correct.

Servers ARE shocking at times, again correct.

I think you’re alright and most of your comments are pretty fair most of the time, but you’ve missed the mark this time I’m afraid @DaveSaves , he’s prettt spot on with all that.

• Knowlesdinho
    8813 posts League Winner
    Just don't put yourself through it if you find it so frustrating. I stopped playing because I wasn't enjoying it. There's more to life than being trapped in a cycle of frustration each week for what are ultimately pointless rewards. Even the dullest rats learn how to escape a maze eventually.
  • Pauldejong6
    edited January 12
    Just don't put yourself through it if you find it so frustrating. I stopped playing because I wasn't enjoying it. There's more to life than being trapped in a cycle of frustration each week for what are ultimately pointless rewards. Even the dullest rats learn how to escape a maze eventually.

Youre right. If there were other game i would enjoy Id be gone from fifa. But football is the only game I care about playing. Maybe should give football manager a go again.
  • Blarix
    20512 posts Club Captain

Glad youre back.

I know you have some sort of internet persona to play up to but even you don't believe what you just claimed.

The OP described issues all of us suffer from but it's all in our heads according to you.
  • BarryChuckle
    99 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    DaveSavesoEhzqPl.jpgEA
  • Diggy
    12175 posts Has That Special Something
    DaveSavesoEhzqPl.jpgEA

True but unnecessary
  • Knowlesdinho
    8813 posts League Winner
    DaveSavesoEhzqPl.jpgEA

I don't agree, but this is hilarious.
  • DaveSaves
    19961 posts Club Captain
    edited January 12
    Why does my team play like Ajax one game, and like de Graafschap next game, with the same players/tactics/etc? Or even within one game? Why is it completely irrelevant to have a football IQ in a football game? Why do you put people who try to play defense as manually as possible, into a giant disadvantage over ppl who just watch their cpu run the D? Why not create a skill gap?
    RebelRob wrote: »
    Teams DO change from game to game, one playing like gods and then unable to make a 10 yard pass the next, while your opponents Jesus can disposed anyone while your Fabinho just lifts his leg over passes and lets them roll underneath them. You might disagree, but loads of us on here, who are Fifa regulars and know the game well can’t all be experiencing ‘something that doesn’t exist’ according to you, despite us having clips of all the bs that occurs, so I’d argue he’s right there as well.

I mean if you genuinely believe/think all of this then there’s nothing I can say that you’ll agree with and you won’t change your minds.

Negative opinions of the game/EA and why it’s not the players fault are fine.

Disagree with that and you’re an EA shill.
  • Pauldejong6
    edited January 12
    Why does my team play like Ajax one game, and like de Graafschap next game, with the same players/tactics/etc? Or even within one game? Why is it completely irrelevant to have a football IQ in a football game? Why do you put people who try to play defense as manually as possible, into a giant disadvantage over ppl who just watch their cpu run the D? Why not create a skill gap?
    RebelRob wrote: »

I mean if you genuinely believe/think all of this then there’s nothing I can say that you’ll agree with and you won’t change your minds.

Negative opinions of the game/EA and why it’s not the players fault are fine.

Disagree with that and you’re an EA shill.

I havent called you an Ea shill

Passes etc can go astray due to poor servers/delay/input lag, or whatever it's called? Sometimes a game feels slow, the other time smooth. Is that because of servers? Is that because of candihap and bripting (you know what I mean)? It's not in my head, I'm no ****. Sure the game can get to my head but this is not it.
    One game Neymar dribbles like a god, the other time like a truck while pushing the same buttons. Even with some randomness/rng involved the difference is too much. I'm no whining 12 yo kid just pointing fingers. I'm no superstar at FIFA, I make plenty of mistakes myself, but this happens so much and it's not in my powers to control it, and everybody who plays regularly WL etc, knows this is a thing.

There is just so much basics wrong (servers/formation/etc), that make this game a pain to play. While, if only the basics are right, this game would be so much more fun. It's the least we should EA expect to get right, or fix asap. We are 4 months into the game, and still the formation glitch isn't fixed. It's ridiculous and it has an huge impact on your game.