Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

I’ve Decided I’m Not Good Enough

Kallthebosskwik
60 posts Park Captain
edited January 12
Well what week this has been. Into division 5 by Tuesday. Back down to 7 by Wednesday night!
1 win from 11 in the weekend league, my heeds done in.
Anyone else having a mare?

Comments

• Keano
    7935 posts League Winner
    A lot of people stay in div 5 etc as the rewards dont get good enough for them to promote, don't worry about it pal.
  • Keano wrote: »
    A lot of people stay in div 5 etc as the rewards dont get good enough for them to promote, don't worry about it pal.

Cheers, it’s just really frustrating. I’ve got a decent team. I’m just getting thumped in every game. Oppponet is on top all the time.
  • RadioShaq
    14135 posts Moderator
    Eventually you will drop down low enough to get similar skilled players.
  • Kallthebosskwik
    60 posts Park Captain
    edited January 12
    Cheers, it’s just really frustrating. I’ve got a decent team. I’m just getting thumped in every game. Opponent is on top all the time. They are always in space for throw ins, goal kicks and any passes. My team is always under pressure.

• Just play using your favorite players and your favorite formation and don't worry about winning or losing. Some people go through all these lengths to win, but for what? There are maybe 500 players on this game good enough to make top 100 and earn a little cash on the side. For the rest of us the aim should be fun.

Agree, buts it no fun on on very long losing streaks. It goes on 1 win in 14. Maybe it’s just time to give up.
  • Sixtechburner
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    Well dont get mad dude. Its just how it is. Most of us are just average. Its ok. My monster teams of 10million coins cant get me past gold 2 since fifa 17. Gullits, Ronaldos dont make me win vs elite players. You just need to accept that its ok to lose, play with no worries, forget about the results. Sometimes you will lose by 5, dont give up.
  • Campino
    24588 posts Club Captain
    You’re obviously playing triggered, Fifa is like 60% ability and 40% mindset I’m sure of it
  • Well dont get mad dude. Its just how it is. Most of us are just average. Its ok. My monster teams of 10million coins cant get me past gold 2 since fifa 17. Gullits, Ronaldos dont make me win vs elite players. You just need to accept that its ok to lose, play with no worries, forget about the results. Sometimes you will lose by 5, dont give up.

Wow I’ve not got a team near 10 million coins but it’s decent enough to be able to compete. I’ve tried formation changes and playing around with custom tactics. Nothing seems to work at the moment. Think I will have a break and then get smashed on some gear, (like the advice given, lol) and have another go.
  • Spurs4life80
    266 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dude I'm in the same boat as you 26 games played 11 wins in wl, it triggers me that with the team I have in the right hands could easily get gold 3 and above. I'm just gonna try not to get wound up any more and possibly go scarface on the crack
  • SupaNoodle1990
    24202 posts Club Captain
    It is what it is.

I’m a gold player and I’m okay with that, rewards and chance of decent red are good enough in the gold ranks anyway.
  • SimenHP
    1292 posts Professional
    In previous Fifa UT I was a div 1 player, but this year I seem to be stuck in div 5 1200-1300 points, when I'm at 1200 points I seem to win easily, but when I have 1300 points I always struggle and fall back down to 1200. It's been that way for me since 19 came out
  • Baker
    1341 posts Professional
    What are your CT’s?
  • Kallthebosskwik
    60 posts Park Captain
    edited January 14
    Baker wrote: »
    What are your CT’s?

I play 4-1-2-1-2 mainly
    My balanced tactic is pressure heavy touch, 4-5 bars width, 4-5 bars depth, offensive fast build up with a little bit more width.

Post edited by Kallthebosskwik on
  • Kallthebosskwik
    60 posts Park Captain
    edited January 12
    SimenHP wrote: »
    In previous Fifa UT I was a div 1 player, but this year I seem to be stuck in div 5 1200-1300 points, when I'm at 1200 points I seem to win easily, but when I have 1300 points I always struggle and fall back down to 1200. It's been that way for me since 19 came out

Never been to the dizzy heights of Division 1 before in any FIFA year. But have been up to 1300 skill points on a couple of occasions and help Division 5 for a few weeks on Rivals. Just seems this week has been a real struggle.
  • Bbbbbbbb
    417 posts Sunday League Hero
    Campino wrote: »
    You’re obviously playing triggered, Fifa is like 60% ability and 40% mindset I’m sure of it

As someone who plays with absolute rage, I’d agree with this. If you get fed up or annoyed, take time out, Chill and come back fresh. I play weekend league. Get rage at the fifa BS and do poorly. If I play clear I go on winning streaks and do well with decisions and play.
  • Relax the best advice, I was trying to get 14 wins yesterday but time was running low as needed my bed. 2 down in 10 minutes and was about to quit but he paused on me so thought **** it I'll play on pretty chilled and won 3-2
  • Kallthebosskwik
    60 posts Park Captain
    edited January 14
    Ended the streak, thanks to all those who took the time to reply and give support.

That's what forums should be about.

So ended with 8 WL league wins, only the second time I've entered. Going to try for 11 wins next time around.
  • Noo
    895 posts Semi-Pro
    Have you tried watching "The guide" videos on YouTube? Really helped me out a lot.

It's amaking how many mechanics there are that most of us aren't aware of.
  • Sixtechburner
    320 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ended the streak, thanks to all those who took the time to reply and give support.

So ended with 8 WL league wins, only the second time I've entered. Going to try for 11 wins next time around.

Watch some Ovvy youtube videos. He abuses every thing he can. Crosses, finesses, corners. You will improve trust me. Most FIFA players play football games since Pes 4, you have to get used to it.
  • FarPostGhost
    244 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 14

Try my 5221 guide mate, a one handed player can get gold 3 using it

<https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/447397/5221-wide-targetman-guide-sponsored-by-big-sam-s-pint-of-wine-the-tony-pulis-baseball-cap/p1>;
  • Ended the streak, thanks to all those who took the time to reply and give support.

Great thanks for this, I will give this a go on Rivals, I have all the right players in my team to try this formation.
  • TriggerMike
    4674 posts National Call-Up
    Had the game about 10 days and I struggled like heck at first. Played my placement matches and got put into D5 still.

Since then, I've just built a team I want, win some, draw more and get beat even more yet I just tell myself its a game and take the points pushing for Tier 1.

Or just join a party with a mate who's got millions in his team and listen to him ranting away. Seems to give me some enjoyment B)
  • BleedBlue
    153 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You might not even be bad at the game, most times it’s gameplay that cause ppl to play bad. The delay and other things are always present no matter what time of day you play.
  • @Kallthebosskwik Best thing you can do is play an opponent who is better than you and get some feedback.

I can give you a few games tomorrow if you want too. Im a div3 / g2 player.
  • FrankFrank wrote: »
    @Kallthebosskwik Best thing you can do is play an opponent who is better than you and get some feedback.

I can give you a few games tomorrow if you want too. Im a div3 / g2 player.

That would be spot on, not sure if I can get on tonight though. But would love to play some matches.

Let me know what I need to do to set this up.

Cheers
  • iBarçaBoy
    1319 posts Professional
    Well what week this has been. Into division 5 by Tuesday. Back down to 7 by Wednesday night!
    1 win from 11 in the weekend league, my heeds done in.
    Anyone else having a mare?

I'm never going to get out of divison 5 but it's ok for me the rewards are more then good.
    I always get the tradeable packs and few weeks ago i packed my first icon. 4.3mil coins in the bank...
    Thank u rivals.
  • Had the game about 10 days and I struggled like heck at first. Played my placement matches and got put into D5 still.

Since then, I've just built a team I want, win some, draw more and get beat even more yet I just tell myself its a game and take the points pushing for Tier 1.

Or just join a party with a mate who's got millions in his team and listen to him ranting away. Seems to give me some enjoyment B)

Sounds like @hoban95 to me. :trollface:
  • Tof33z
    3363 posts National Call-Up
    Campino wrote: »

This. I play to S1 and don't get tilted at all now where I was tense af and playing terrible as a result first few I played.

Accept where you are landing as your level and get to be comfortable with that. You can improve over time if you take away putting pressure on yourself.
  • hoban95
    46295 posts FIFA Cover Star
    Had the game about 10 days and I struggled like heck at first. Played my placement matches and got put into D5 still.

Sounds like @hoban95 to me. :trollface:

It's dead on actually :joy: