Is it even worth playing this shocking game?

Zero_velocity
670 posts An Exciting Prospect
Playing weekend league and all you get, every single match is;

-Timed finesse
-Auto tackle
-Auto block
-Passes not going to your player
-Weak players outmuscling strong players
-Slow players out sprinting fast players. Yet the only time your player outpaces a defender is when the computer knows the gk will get to the ball first so you win the sprint but obviously have no chance of getting the ball.
-Lag
-Players running into the referee
-Ridiculous first time touches whenever you’re near the goal
-Clear red card offences going unpunished
-AI giving away penalties almost every match for absolutely nothing

I know I don’t have to play the game....it’s my fault....get good etc but wow, this really is THE worst fifa I’ve ever played. I actually can’t wait until I quit my addiction and don’t play it ever again. I really can’t understand anyone that compliments the game or thinks it’s better than any other edition. They all had their faults but this is becoming unplayable

Comments

• Robmu22
    1530 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nah, it's dying now anyway thankfully.

Hopefully next year will be better
  • BreezyE
    225 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Amen. Every game I get tackled from behind without even a call, let alone a red card. I can accept the finesse shots everyone complains about, that happens irl. But defenders with 60 pace out sprinting strikers with 90 pace is ridiculous, just like a defender sweeping your legs out from under you from behind without any kind of call. IRL that is a straight red every time. Happened to me 3 times last game, the last of which led to his game winning goal. Not one call. Refs are utterly broken, can't believe it hasn't been addressed in any of the patches.
  • RandomLhama83
    10108 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2019
    11 wins and call it.. it’s in a bad state. Best thing bout playin champs is you get 4 mega packs from without playing it. Imagine that, thanking the game for not makin u play it.
  • NXG
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Pretty sure EA know the game is poor atm. The "Lack of Finesse" objective is a message to us, that they know they need to fix the gameplay.

That said, I've decided to sit WL out until the next patch drops - too much stress playing with this terrible game. There are no casual players left - only sweaty try hards abusing every exploit possible.
  • XXLFrankie
    36 posts Last Pick at the Park
    As long as people buy packs nothing wil change

If only we got some competition on football games everything would be sorted asap. But Konami and other companies arent rich enouf to make a competitive game. EA pays millions for licenses also.
  • Paquetesousa
    2347 posts Fans' Favourite
    Playing weekend league and all you get, every single match is;

-Timed finesse
    -Auto tackle
    -Auto block
    -Passes not going to your player
    -Weak players outmuscling strong players
    -Slow players out sprinting fast players. Yet the only time your player outpaces a defender is when the computer knows the gk will get to the ball first so you win the sprint but obviously have no chance of getting the ball.
    -Lag
    -Players running into the referee
    -Ridiculous first time touches whenever you’re near the goal
    -Clear red card offences going unpunished
    -AI giving away penalties almost every match for absolutely nothing

I know I don’t have to play the game....it’s my fault....get good etc but wow, this really is THE worst fifa I’ve ever played. I actually can’t wait until I quit my addiction and don’t play it ever again. I really can’t understand anyone that compliments the game or thinks it’s better than any other edition. They all had their faults but this is becoming unplayable

For me the worst things are: timed finesses and no downside in constante pressure, the stamina bar is purely visual. Whoever though those would BE a good idea really need to get checked, because something is wrong with them...
  • RexAnglo1066
    3894 posts National Call-Up
    Robmu22 wrote: »
    Nah, it's dying now anyway thankfully.

Hopefully next year will be better

Yeah, it's not dying at all.
  • Aspral
    3797 posts National Call-Up
    So much ping pong, deflections, timed finesse, auto tackling and lag.

Basically playing against the ai every game.
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    What other shocking game would you play? They're all pretty shocking tbh
  • Gaz7Mac
    494 posts An Exciting Prospect
    no id rather ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in my hands and clap
  • SirSkinner
    200 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Skill and player quality died in fifa 8 years ago mate
  • TheFreshOne3
    1099 posts Professional
    Thing that’s bugging me in WL (among other things) are my teams complete and utter lack of awareness to the opposition. They run out the way slightly or all move to one side allowing the opponent very very easy ping pong opportunities through the middle. They just have to wait and watch my stevie wonder players go somewhere random and pass easily