Zlatan appreciation thread

Comments

• jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional
    Just got my first Elite finish in champs...Big Zlat the main man with 31 goals and 13 assists in 30 games
  • DadBod
    6302 posts Big Money Move
    Boabdust wrote: »
    He’s here
    a3eb1125-f10c-4bd4-9f27-467d048acc88.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=tVqRWl4F9p1wa60HpevmgDMCOT3LDYjJeiw7UsgXyio%3D

Congrats on packing your first icon
  • DadBod
    jbwalton7 wrote: »
    Just got my first Elite finish in champs...Big Zlat the main man with 31 goals and 13 assists in 30 games

I also had my fastest gold 3 finish in 14-3. It was bit funny because 2 of those losses came when i was leading 4-1 and i was forcing zlatan to do zlatan-like goals.

I’m always stopping at gold 3 to spend more time with my family but this weekend, i reached gold 3 so quick that my wife asked me:

Wife: Why aren’t you playing fifa?
    Me: I already got my first icon, i can relax B)
  • RayS
    25714 posts Player of the Year
    DadBod wrote: »

I also had my fastest gold 3 finish in 14-3. It was bit funny because 2 of those losses came when i was leading 4-1 and i was forcing zlatan to do zlatan-like goals.

I’m always stopping at gold 3 to spend more time with my family but this weekend, i reached gold 3 so quick that my wife asked me:

Wife: Why aren’t you playing fifa?
    Me: I already got my first icon, i can relax B)

Zlatan can do everything, including bringing families together.
  • NewRave7
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have prime Socrates and POTM AUB. And I play zlatan at cam. And my 2 strikers never score anymore. Zlatan is so good I might sell Socrates to upgrade the rest of the team
  • IAIK7
    3434 posts National Call-Up
    Can anybody comment on whether they've had any problems with his balance? It's the only thing putting me off from doing the sbc. Thanks.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    13463 posts Has That Special Something
    IAIK7 wrote: »
    Can anybody comment on whether they've had any problems with his balance? It's the only thing putting me off from doing the sbc. Thanks.

It has ZERO effect IG mate, seriously. Get him done asap. He's icon level and I'm not even exaggerating. @IAIK7
  • Syko
    285 posts Sunday League Hero

It has ZERO effect IG mate, seriously. Get him done asap. He's icon level and I'm not even exaggerating. @IAIK7

He gets fouled quite a lot because he falls often when getting challenged or tackled after doing skills. I have never gotten so many freekicks this WL and they are all because of Ibra, it seems to me thats because of his low balance. I love it.

I can understand why some people can't get the hang of him but keep playing and you'll get used to him. He has almost everything you need. Amazing card. Almost hit Elite and i didn't use a meta team, mainly using Ibra with Tevez and more fun players. Ibra was so crucial everytime. He also seems to infuriate people when i outrun them or when they can't get near the ball because he is using his force field and they tackle him (mostly) from behind causing quite a few red cards haha

<3
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    @Syko yeah he's so so good. I'm using engine on mine and that extra agility and pace really helps I think. For me he just glides about the pitch
    I've also put him on stay forward and conservative interceptions. Couple that with his workrates and his stamina also is never an issue. He finishes everything and like guillit...he has his own ora about him
  • RayS
    25714 posts Player of the Year
    edited January 14
    I get afraid anytime i see an opponent with FB Zlatan or if he comes on as a sub. He’s awesome for me, but then awesome for them :D when my opponent has a corner kick, I just accept the fact that Zlatan will likely score.

I did have a funny instance of Zlatan marking Zlatan on a corner :D
  • Gorda
    3447 posts National Call-Up
    RayS wrote: »
    I get afraid anytime i see an opponent with FB Zlatan or if he comes on as a sub. He’s awesome for me, but then awesome for them :D when my opponent has a corner kick, I just accept the fact that Zlatan will likely score.

I did have a funny instance of Zlatan marking Zlatan on a corner :D
    the only defence against Zlatan is Zlatan :wink:

• Tomashy300
    170 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Using him off the bench just deadly what an animal shame about terrible league for links tho
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite
    Im glad he was so cheap but dam.
    Everyone has him.
    And he really is a pain to play against.
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    What chem style do you guys use for the god?
  • IAIK7
    3434 posts National Call-Up
    Syko wrote: »

He gets fouled quite a lot because he falls often when getting challenged or tackled after doing skills. I have never gotten so many freekicks this WL and they are all because of Ibra, it seems to me thats because of his low balance. I love it.

I can understand why some people can't get the hang of him but keep playing and you'll get used to him. He has almost everything you need. Amazing card. Almost hit Elite and i didn't use a meta team, mainly using Ibra with Tevez and more fun players. Ibra was so crucial everytime. He also seems to infuriate people when i outrun them or when they can't get near the ball because he is using his force field and they tackle him (mostly) from behind causing quite a few red cards haha

<3

Thanks for the input guys.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    Nogin182 wrote: »

Engine
  • DadBod
    edited January 14

Engine for me as well. Later after work, i will post my record on him from all WL games.

I think he has 22 goals and 14 assists in 17 WL games (14-3).

This is awesome because i have CR7 in my team.
  • AdrianYeo
    172 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Pengwin wrote: »
    How is he on 8 Chem?

Absolutely fine. Not an issue whatsoever.

He's played 10 WL games for me this far on 8 chem as ST in a 4411. 12 goals 5 assists. I'm an average player tbh so happy as Larry with him.

same i used him with 8 chem at CF in 4411, not bad at all! i use shadow chem on him...
    he is ridiculously cheap for the sbc..
  • lIlIlIlIlIl
    3387 posts National Call-Up

Well done. Must have been the best 150k you've ever spent!
  • Kaysquad
    70 posts Park Captain
    Shadow
  • Psyclon13
    403 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've subbed him on 15 times, scored 12 and assisted for 3 goals, can't complain. On top of that, one of the sbc packs gave me 90 Hernandez, one of the cheapest, but still worth 1 million. Again, can't complain :)
  • Mdx
    2691 posts Fans' Favourite

Got catalyst on him. Makes him super fast and perfect passing which is good because i got him in cam.
  • Nogin182
    2294 posts Fans' Favourite
    DadBod wrote: »

Engine for me as well. Later after work, i will post my record on him from all WL games.

I think he has 22 goals and 14 assists in 17 WL games (14-3).

This is awesome because i have CR7 in my team.

OK cool. Using marksman atm. Also got cr7. Not sure who should play cam between them.
  • WryLucky
    1743 posts Play-Off Hero
    Don't think I've had anyone who puts so much power and dip into a regular longshot before.
  • Kaysquad
    70 posts Park Captain
    All the attacking stats are so good. So i only wanted to boost hes pace. And he gets 4 more acc with shadow. Got him 8 chem
  • mjweatherup
    713 posts An Exciting Prospect
    He's trash. Super sub at best.

Agreed so far. He looks like he should be unreal but he is slow, sluggish, feels weak, barely moves and just falls over all the time.

I've loved Ibra on every FIFA and was super excited when I saw this...

So disappointed.

Faced him a few times. Nothing. I keep stealing the ball because he is too slow
  • AFC AJAX NR 1
    13084 posts Has That Special Something

Haven't noticed it yet. Imo this flashback Ibra is great, much better than that special Ibra in FIFA 18 who was gash for me.
  • Raider
    3616 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 14
    no problem with balance at all ;) since i cant pack a toty or an icon, so glad i got this legend in my team banging over 50 in 50 games with 25 assists <3 even on 8 chem
  • dengah109
    193 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 14
    Horrible card! I have played against him 3 times and he was a beast. I could only describe him as being like a cheat card, that is how he played against me. Could not touch him it was ridiculous. Was very tempted to get him but not going to bother. He'd probably play rubbish for me and I'd be disapointed. Tried to get the loan card via SB's but had a squad of players from all his clubs but didnt get the card. Do they all have to be in the first 11? Objective says squad so I presumed that meant the subs as well. Can anyone advisE?
  • MortiferVaughan
    209 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 14
    I had one game left of WL and needed one win to get gold. Losing 2-1 at half-time after taken the initial lead.
    Sub on Ibra at half-time for his last loan contract. Big man scores 4 to get me the 5-2 win, and the gold!

For this I owe it to him to do the SBC.

With my current team at the moment I can do this, then switch to my normal 433 after kickoff. Which looks pretty good

http://imgur.com/a/GvVvBtl

Was going to buy Ben Yedder IF today, until I have enough to do the SBC. Which seems a good team anyway