Zlatan appreciation thread

Comments

• calcio12
    42 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Honestly I preferred Zlatan over gold cr7. I personally have him linked with flashback Rooney and it’s amazing. Div1 gold1 consistently with cr7 as a sub.
  • RayS
    27220 posts Player of the Year
    edited May 5
    Libguy wrote: »
    RayS wrote: »
    Libguy wrote: »
    Varane makes the rookie mistake of getting between the GOAT and the goal -

WealthyBlushingAmericankestrel.mp4

Don't think this worked :'(

Can you not see the video? This is a lower quality version -

WealthyBlushingAmericankestrel-size_restricted.gif

It’s nothing special - just sort of funny how Varane gets wrecked when he brushes up against Ibra.

Ah, niceeee. He bonced off Ibra hahaha
  • Manutelli
    18926 posts World Class
    Gaz7Mac wrote: »
    Over 500 goals and counting have no intention of changing him.

Best striker in the game and for the money he cost you won't find a better card.
  • RayS
    I have to say team Zlatan+CR7 is quite fun

ezgif-com-video-to-gif-1.gif
  • Jonboyparker
    5312 posts Big Money Move
    @RayS what formation do you play with both CR7 and Ibra? I’m tempted... so tempted. Seem very similar player is all
  • RayS
    edited May 6
    @RayS what formation do you play with both CR7 and Ibra? I’m tempted... so tempted. Seem very similar player is all

@Jonboyparker I'm not sure it would work with Ibra and CR7 up top, but it works great for me with Ibra as CAM

Switches to 4231 IG with Ibra as CAM
    Screenshot-20190429-185413.png
  • D0lvl
    1858 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have benched Ibra in favor of PIM MVB for now. Ibra has been disappearing lately from my games and his ball control has been awful.

PIM MVB....what a card. His power on his long shots is lazer like. Slapped on Engine chem and he can move/turn/dribble with smoothness.
  • Jonboyparker

@Jonboyparker I'm not sure it would work with Ibra and CR7 up top, but it works great for me with Ibra as CAM

I was considering something similar with Ibra at CAM in a 4231. Little worries with him agility because I like to turn a lot (or at least try to).

Does Ibra get into the box much for headers from central cam? I’m aiming to have Neymar and Mbappe either side of him. Means dropping my beloved Futmwas KDB 😢
  • RayS
    edited May 6

I was considering something similar with Ibra at CAM in a 4231. Little worries with him agility because I like to turn a lot (or at least try to).

Does Ibra get into the box much for headers from central cam? I’m aiming to have Neymar and Mbappe either side of him. Means dropping my beloved Futmwas KDB 😢

He gets in the box a LOT yes. Tbh being at CAM is a great way for him to smash in headers with late runs into the box. Just make sure you put his PI to "get into box for crosses"

Tbh I've found Zlatan to score just as much at CAM as at ST. So having Zlatan at CAM and CR7 at ST is a win win.

I've never had issues with turn with Zlatan. He can pull drag backs, cruyff turns, and body feint turns just fine. Keep in mind his agility is decently high (85) which comes into play for quick turning and acrobatics (it's his balance which is low which has more to do with him being knocked off balance off the ball by defenders sometimes)
  • Jonboyparker
    edited May 6

He gets in the box a LOT yes. Tbh being at CAM is a great way for him to smash in headers with late runs into the box. Just make sure you put his PI to "get into box for crosses"

Tbh I've found Zlatan to score just as much at CAM as at ST. So having Zlatan at CAM and CR7 at ST is a win win.

I've never had issues with turn with Zlatan. He can pull drag backs, cruyff turns, and body feint turns just fine. Keep in mind his agility is decently high (85) which comes into play for quick turning and acrobatics (it's his balance which is low which has more to do with him being knocked off balance off the ball by defenders sometimes)

Going to give my untradable Team a go In D2 tonight and see how it goes. Saving up for some TOTY’s when tots hit. Gullit is half way completed. Anderson and Ibra on 8 chem

5-A57-AC62-FCBE-4810-B22-B-A23-A9262-EC3-F.jpg
  • Dth83
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I play Zlatan and CR7 as STs in a 4222. Works great.
    So what do you think about tots zlatan coming this Friday?
    How much do you think he will cost?
  • Jonboyparker
    Dth83 wrote: »

No idea on price but he will break Fifa
  • RayS

I doubt TOTS Zlatan will be better than the FB considering he doesn't have any special cards besides his FUT BD and FB. If his TOTS is around a 90 rated, I'd guess the pricing would be less than 300k bc of links.
  • Killer_Snake2017
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    The best free kick taker in the game !
    Na2KkPZ.gif

How do you do that free kick?
  • Killer_Snake2017
    1608 posts Play-Off Hero
    Lackosweat wrote: »
    @TopClass13 @RayS

About the long distance FKs with Zlatan, here’s how I took my shots.

1. The distance: The most ideal distance should be around 25-32 yards out. Too close to the goal, it’s hard for Zlatan to hit the target since his shot power is so high. Too far out, the GK will have plenty of time to save the shot.

2. Positioning your player: Exactly like Ray said, I aimed toward the near post. When they have 3 men on the wall, make sure the near post is exactly at the head of the furthest player. 4 men on the wall, the near post should be between the width of the 3rd man.

3. Shooting technique: Power (knuckle) freekick combo. LS up + R1/RB + Shoot button

4. Power bar: This is tricky since every players has their own unique attributes and traits. And by that, I mean shot power and the power FK trait. You need to practise and find the perfect power bar for your own player. As for Zlatan, Prime Ronaldinho and Messi, I usually go for 3.1-3.2 bar. Exactly at 3 bar, he will hit the wall 90% of the time. Over 3.2 bar, it will hit the post or not hit the target.

5. Celebrations: R1+L1/RB+LB please.

Wait sorry found it...
  • Dth83
    147 posts Has Potential To Be Special

I doubt TOTS Zlatan will be better than the FB considering he doesn't have any special cards besides his FUT BD and FB. If his TOTS is around a 90 rated, I'd guess the pricing would be less than 300k bc of links.

Interesting thought. But let's hope you are wrong, and they give us a 94 rated tots 👍😁
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3051 posts National Call-Up

Interesting thought. But let's hope you are wrong, and they give us a 94 rated tots 👍😁

I think all his stats will be similar to the FB but no way they boost his pace from 59 (nif) to over 84. So from that perspective the FB will be better
  • Wonderfulwest
    4735 posts National Call-Up
    For all the mess ups EA have made this year, I still can’t believe they gave us. Endgame Zlatan when they did for peanuts. Absolute madness
  • RayS

I think all his stats will be similar to the FB but no way they boost his pace from 59 (nif) to over 84. So from that perspective the FB will be better

Interestingly, FUTbin put Zlatan in their MC predictions and give him a 95 overall with 87 pace...

one can hope
  • Soccrraim29
    742 posts Professional

Interestingly, FUTbin put Zlatan in their MC predictions and give him a 95 overall with 87 pace...

one can hope

I hope not.
  • RayS

one can hope

I hope not.

I only wouldn't like it bc I have the best record I've had with any player with the FB card
  • Soccrraim29
    742 posts Professional

one can hope

I hope not.

I only wouldn't like it bc I have the best record I've had with any player with the FB card

I hope not because than I need to buy him again. Can't live without his best version
  • Kaptentegel
    472 posts An Exciting Prospect
    https://ibb.co/cNjNVgz

1000 points för kungen Zlatan Ibrahimovic ❤️
  • RayS
  • KinggHuss
    2057 posts Fans' Favourite
    Time to submit the flashback in an SBC and get the TOTS 🤭
  • IAIK7
    3471 posts National Call-Up
    I need that Zlatan.
  • RayS
    After 340 games and 352 goals, only one card could surpass this.

WELCOME, TOTS ZLATAN
  • Soccrraim29
    742 posts Professional
    What will you do with Zlatan tots, buying?
  • bberger
    5175 posts Big Money Move
    After 340 games and 352 goals, only one card could surpass this.

WELCOME, TOTS ZLATAN

Would have been nice if they at least kept the rating to the same as the FB.

Now he's unobtainable with a 2m price range.. good job EA.
  • Fifa_Hawk_85
    12301 posts Has That Special Something
    KinggHuss wrote: »
    Time to submit the flashback in an SBC and get the TOTS 🤭

You would be mad to swap the FB for the TOTS. The stats may be better but not 1.5m better 😂