Is FIFA 19 worth getting?

Comments

• uhMaZiiNq
    11278 posts Has That Special Something
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »
    Is the gameplay better than 18 or equally bad? Because if it's not much better I can just hop on 18 to play a game or 2 here and there

It's different, slower, so you can't just burn away with pacey players as much anymore. You can have fun with 19, but as soon as you hit the higher divisions in rivals it's a clone fest with the same teams and same playstyle all the time. I rarely played WL before this edition, I found that WL was actually more playable, and enjoyable than rivals in 19.

If you like WL, then I think 19 is probably the best FIFA that there has been for it. If you like to chill casually in rivals, then you will get frustrated. I just don't have the time to dedicate to WL, if I did, I'd probably still play.

I get all that I need from a casual side of things from 18, so if I want a game, I play that. If I could let you use my account, I would. About 6 million if I liquidated just gathering dust.

Yeah I'm just looking for a more casual experience for sure. Weekend league has and never will be for me. I'll just pop in 18 if I want to get a game in. 19 doesn't seem to be worth the effort

Tbh with you I saw that new Ibra and saw he has 5* skills again and that's the only reason the thought crossed my mind lol but then I realized he's in the MLS so making a team around him probably wouldn't have been too easy without a ton of coins either

I'll be honest, Ibra has nearly sucked me back in. I just feel a bit frustrated with it. I'm enjoying Football Manager more at the moment with my Sheff Utd save.

A RTG type thing with ibra could maybe be decent fun. No rules or anything but just building around him as time goes on. Not sure how long the sbc is even there for though
  • nathswfc
    1308 posts Professional
    Yes
    Is the gameplay better than 18 or equally bad? Because if it's not much better I can just hop on 18 to play a game or 2 here and there

It's different, slower, so you can't just burn away with pacey players as much anymore. You can have fun with 19, but as soon as you hit the higher divisions in rivals it's a clone fest with the same teams and same playstyle all the time. I rarely played WL before this edition, I found that WL was actually more playable, and enjoyable than rivals in 19.

If you like WL, then I think 19 is probably the best FIFA that there has been for it. If you like to chill casually in rivals, then you will get frustrated. I just don't have the time to dedicate to WL, if I did, I'd probably still play.

I get all that I need from a casual side of things from 18, so if I want a game, I play that. If I could let you use my account, I would. About 6 million if I liquidated just gathering dust.

Yeah I'm just looking for a more casual experience for sure. Weekend league has and never will be for me. I'll just pop in 18 if I want to get a game in. 19 doesn't seem to be worth the effort

Tbh with you I saw that new Ibra and saw he has 5* skills again and that's the only reason the thought crossed my mind lol but then I realized he's in the MLS so making a team around him probably wouldn't have been too easy without a ton of coins either

I'll be honest, Ibra has nearly sucked me back in. I just feel a bit frustrated with it. I'm enjoying Football Manager more at the moment with my Sheff Utd save.

United. Ewwww
  • nathswfc
    1308 posts Professional
    edited January 12
    Yes

A RTG type thing with ibra could maybe be decent fun. No rules or anything but just building around him as time goes on. Not sure how long the sbc is even there for though

Expires on friday at 6PM UK
  • uhMaZiiNq
    nathswfc wrote: »

Expires on friday at 6PM UK

Ah ok great. The game is on sale for I think 2 more days so I'll have plenty of time if I decide to get it. If I can put together a decent team around that ibra to start I think I will get it
  • Knowlesdinho
    9805 posts League Winner
    No

United. Ewwww
    :joy: Yeah, I've got mates that are Wednesday, and mates that are UTD, just fancied a save with UTD. I usually use Bolton tbh because it's always quite difficult.
  • nathswfc
    1308 posts Professional
    Yes

United. Ewwww
    :joy: Yeah, I've got mates that are Wednesday, and mates that are UTD, just fancied a save with UTD. I usually use Bolton tbh because it's always quite difficult.

You fairly local to sheffield then i take it :joy:
  • Knowlesdinho
    9805 posts League Winner
    No

United. Ewwww

80 miles away. For some reason loads of South Yorkshire people seem to move to North Yorkshire...although, I can't speak, I moved from West Yorkshire. Turns out, we all like the Hot Fuzz mentality that you find in North Yorkshire.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Well uh I was talking to my friend about getting it and he bought it for himself and bought another and gifted it to me so I guess that's the decision made for me
  • Choepiechakie
    30856 posts National Team Captain
    edited January 12
    No
    Well uh I was talking to my friend about getting it and he bought it for himself and bought another and gifted it to me so I guess that's the decision made for me

Are you aware of the ability of game sharing?
  • nathswfc
    1308 posts Professional
    Yes

United. Ewwww

80 miles away. For some reason loads of South Yorkshire people seem to move to North Yorkshire...although, I can't speak, I moved from West Yorkshire. Turns out, we all like the Hot Fuzz mentality that you find in North Yorkshire.

:joy:

Im in sheffield but i drive for a job in west yorkshire everyday. Absolutely hate it, traffics a nightmare :joy:
  • uhMaZiiNq

Are you aware of the ability of game sharing?

I gameshare with somebody else and so does he
  • Knowlesdinho
    9805 posts League Winner
    No

United. Ewwww

:joy:

Im in sheffield but i drive for a job in west yorkshire everyday. Absolutely hate it, traffics a nightmare :joy:

Public transport is great, but if you're in a car it's terrible I agree. Up here it's miles of country roads and suicidal pheasants.

• uhMaZiiNq
    edited January 12
  • Knowlesdinho
    9805 posts League Winner
    No
    Why are all the SBCs locked for me?

I think you need to do the basics first, it's like a tutorial I suppose.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Why are all the SBCs locked for me?

I think you need to do the basics first, it's like a tutorial I suppose.

Yeah I noticed one wasn't locked and when I did that one the rest were unlocked
  • 21_NYG_21
    1047 posts Professional
    Yes
    I've just been playing casually. No money spent or anything. Been doing loads of these league upgrade packs and have gotten enough high ups to do some other quality SBCs such as POTM Van Dijk.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    21_NYG_21 wrote: »
    I've just been playing casually. No money spent or anything. Been doing loads of these league upgrade packs and have gotten enough high ups to do some other quality SBCs such as POTM Van Dijk.

I'm doing a 12k and that should be it. Can't be bothered starting from literal scratch lol
  • 21_NYG_21
    1047 posts Professional
    Yes
    Could probably build a fan MLS/Sweden hybrid around guys like Scream Forsberg, MLS reward Rooney etc.