Is FIFA 19 worth getting?

uhMaZiiNq
11270 posts Has That Special Something
In terms of gameplay is it fun to play (being most important) ,how easy it is to make a good enough team to play with without spending/spending very little money. Not feeling strong about picking it back up but am considering it for something to play on the side. Feel free to leave a comment stating your opinion in either direction. Appreciate any insight before I bother.

Is FIFA 19 worth getting? 80 votes

Yes
26%
LeonidasJBP1stolpete187AnDrEwThEdOnmaymanpeleBlarixSercs21_NYG_21taurasDavistoROCKNROLLA nathswfcDaveSavesFinesse_4daysVacantDoggiesPauldejong6therealmerk33TheDrifterWiljoyBaccaTheNet 21 votes
No
73%
GazzaCampinoTh3 UK SmurfMike_PickfordDiggyo0OainavO0oReusJfo88Bobb VICTAAAAJRBakerShakey JakeyAkinfenwaaaaXxRichiexRichxXJackadinhoLiamoooDarthGrowlerJohnDoeGL 59 votes

Comments

• maymanpele
    13565 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
    Not really. Wait for 20
  • vneklw
    2386 posts Fans' Favourite
    No
    Getting a good team has never been easier but the gameplay is shambolic.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Yikes
  • Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    No
    If you like dragback, dragback, dragback, dragback, timed finesse...GOOAAALLLL! Then this is the game for you. If you like football, join a 5 a side team.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    Yes.

But everyone on here hates it but still plays it, talks about it, trades and can’t wait for the next SBC.
  • Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    No
    DaveSaves wrote: »
    Yes.

But everyone on here hates it but still plays it, talks about it, trades and can’t wait for the next SBC.

Not me guvnor. I'm just here for the forum lolz...apparently they are in the OT section.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Yes.

The hate seems even worse than last year lol
  • TheDreamer
    2401 posts Fans' Favourite
    No
    I dont like the game, Im terrible at it, yet I come back and play the WL every weekend.

If the probability of scoring a finesse would be 70% lower, there was no way to move the GK, the AI was tonned down and the tackling fixed, I would love the gameplay. Would still hate the game though, gameplay is irrelevant with horrendous servers.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25272 posts Player of the Year
    No
    The gameplay isn’t fun.
  • Milner
    2102 posts Fans' Favourite
    Yes.

I've missed you
  • murazorr
    212 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yes
    Was for me. Bought it 3 weeks ago, was on sale. I havent play any fifa/ut since march so kinda missed it. I enjoy it now but I ll probably hate it again in 1 month tho 😁
  • Blarix
    20802 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    Yes, game has a lot of flaws but it is still good sim/arcade football.
  • tauras
    3247 posts National Call-Up
    Yes
    Enjoying it even tho because of mainly sbcs but this is most I've played a FIFA game since 16.
  • o0OainavO0o
    1776 posts Play-Off Hero
    No
    You get 4 free prom icons on 18...
  • Hippyboy6
    16495 posts World Class
    Not going to vote as I don't own the game but why do the polls only add up to 99%?
  • o0OainavO0o
    1776 posts Play-Off Hero
    No
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    Not going to vote as I don't own the game but why do the polls only add up to 99%?

1% chance of error possibly...
  • Hippyboy6
    16495 posts World Class

So EA can't even get polls right :joy:
  • o0OainavO0o
    1776 posts Play-Off Hero
    No

So EA can't even get polls right :joy:

Lol, correct.
  • Pauldejong6
    4979 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 11
    Yes
    It's very easy to make coins/get a good team. You dont need to spend real money at all for that.
    FIFA has a lot of cons gameplay wise, starting with poor servers way too often. Like every fifa, there is meta, this year it's finesse thats beyond broken. Also AI defending is too strong and causes frustration. If servers are smooth, the game is fun to play imo despite the cons.
    But, overall, if you love football, FIFA is still the game to play. As much as FIFA 19 get's me frustrated at times, I still play it pretty much daily.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Looking like a no :lol: thanks
  • SirSkinner
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited January 12
    No
    Yes.

Probably because it's the ultimate team section, try the clubs, seasons and career mode section, DEAD

UT fanboys is the only reason this game is still alive, yet they even hate it but can't quit because of addiction

Lol
  • SirSkinner
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No
    Blarix wrote: »

Come on man, it resembles nothing of football, the only connection is that they use their feet
  • SweetJesus101
    1249 posts Professional
    edited January 12
    No
    You get 4 free prom icons on 18...

for real? :o i don't play fifa for months, but if this is real, maybe give a back on it just to use Prime R10.. but maybe it's hard now to do the SBC though :/

Blarix wrote: »

tenor.gif
  • Sercs
    18123 posts World Class
    Yes
    Yes

Everybody who votes no still plays it every day prob and the WL, plus trading and spending money on it 😂

It’s great if you like football, despite its flaws at times. 30 game weekend league has made it more enjoyable and accessible for me this year
  • Davisto
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    I’ve been enjoying it lately yeah there is ba goals every now and then but happen in my favour mostly. But i used to be soo salty after losing now I couldn’t care less :joy:
  • uhMaZiiNq
    Is the gameplay better than 18 or equally bad? Because if it's not much better I can just hop on 18 to play a game or 2 here and there
  • Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    No
    uhMaZiiNq wrote: »
    Is the gameplay better than 18 or equally bad? Because if it's not much better I can just hop on 18 to play a game or 2 here and there

It's different, slower, so you can't just burn away with pacey players as much anymore. You can have fun with 19, but as soon as you hit the higher divisions in rivals it's a clone fest with the same teams and same playstyle all the time. I rarely played WL before this edition, I found that WL was actually more playable, and enjoyable than rivals in 19.

If you like WL, then I think 19 is probably the best FIFA that there has been for it. If you like to chill casually in rivals, then you will get frustrated. I just don't have the time to dedicate to WL, if I did, I'd probably still play.

I get all that I need from a casual side of things from 18, so if I want a game, I play that. If I could let you use my account, I would. About 6 million if I liquidated just gathering dust.
  • LeonidasJB
    13066 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
    I like it.

Best FIFA yet imho.
  • uhMaZiiNq
    edited January 12

It's different, slower, so you can't just burn away with pacey players as much anymore. You can have fun with 19, but as soon as you hit the higher divisions in rivals it's a clone fest with the same teams and same playstyle all the time. I rarely played WL before this edition, I found that WL was actually more playable, and enjoyable than rivals in 19.

If you like WL, then I think 19 is probably the best FIFA that there has been for it. If you like to chill casually in rivals, then you will get frustrated. I just don't have the time to dedicate to WL, if I did, I'd probably still play.

I get all that I need from a casual side of things from 18, so if I want a game, I play that. If I could let you use my account, I would. About 6 million if I liquidated just gathering dust.

Yeah I'm just looking for a more casual experience for sure. Weekend league has and never will be for me. I'll just pop in 18 if I want to get a game in. 19 doesn't seem to be worth the effort

Tbh with you I saw that new Ibra and saw he has 5* skills again and that's the only reason the thought crossed my mind lol but then I realized he's in the MLS so making a team around him probably wouldn't have been too easy without a ton of coins either
  • Knowlesdinho
    9172 posts League Winner
    No

Yeah I'm just looking for a more casual experience for sure. Weekend league has and never will be for me. I'll just pop in 18 if I want to get a game in. 19 doesn't seem to be worth the effort

Tbh with you I saw that new Ibra and saw he has 5* skills again and that's the only reason the thought crossed my mind lol but then I realized he's in the MLS so making a team around him probably wouldn't have been too easy without a ton of coins either

I'll be honest, Ibra has nearly sucked me back in. I just feel a bit frustrated with it. I'm enjoying Football Manager more at the moment with my Sheff Utd save.