Are you a FIFA streamer? Get yourself added to the forum list here

TOTY Player Reviews?

DougInskip
5250 posts Big Money Move
Anyone willing to share if they have used any?
Mostly interested in VVD, Varane, Mbappe but any reviews will be good!

Comments

• Andy99TradeZ
    12010 posts Has That Special Something
    from drafts.

CR7 unreal, literally the best card I've ever used.

Marcelo, great, strong and rapid, only letdown is 1vs1
  • DougInskip
    5250 posts Big Money Move
    Bump
  • Andy99TradeZ
    12010 posts Has That Special Something
    Vvd.
    Doesnt lose a header, lethal on corners. Still a bit slow on the turn.

Varane.
    Amazing, best cb I've used.
  • Forca-Barca
    2579 posts National Call-Up
    How about Sergio Ramos Toty?
  • WonderMouse
    1480 posts Play-Off Hero
    @Forca-Barca have you bought Messi yet?
  • ha032742
    33544 posts Moderator
    Any Neymar reviews please?
  • jpsblue
    3165 posts National Call-Up
    Marcelo, great, strong and rapid, only letdown is 1vs1

in what way?
  • Forca-Barca
    2579 posts National Call-Up

Yes absolutely loose the card. Where do you play him at? We’re you holding L1 while dribbling like that.
  • WonderMouse
    1480 posts Play-Off Hero

Yes absolutely loose the card. Where do you play him at? We’re you holding L1 while dribbling like that.

Still finding his best position/formation, trying CCm in 4231 and CF in 433(5) atm

no it's just left stick nothing else
  • Kieran1903
    439 posts Sunday League Hero
    KDB is brilliant. Good dribbling, pace, passing, strength and shooting.

All round good CAM
  • Ditaloi
    20 posts Ball Boy
    Ramos: He is strong, his aerial threat rivals CR7, he hasn't lost a standing tackle in around 10 games. He pushes a bit forward, but thanks to his stats he can quickly get back to his position. Definitely the best CB in the game atm. Have him paired with prime maldini.

Marcelo: He is quick, he has precise dribbling, strong in the attack and defense and his passing on the wing is wonderful. Positioning may be a problem for some people, because he is quite often in the attack, but just like ramos he can quickly recover his position and get the ball of every player.

Neymar: Only used the gold version before the TOTY. You can definitely feel the upgrade. His pace after a skill is phenomenal. Shooting with either foot is lethal and almost every time in the net. I tried to just abuse the pace in some games with some skills here and there and my opponents couldnt catch him. He had 15 goals in 10 games as a CAM. Sold him unfortunately to buy TOTY CR7.

Currently waiting to get CR7 and maybe Varane (to set him as a right back and switch him with ramos in game). Will come back after testing these players out.
  • ha032742 wrote: »

toty Neymar is not worth the price, felt no different to his regular card. The only good thing is he lasts longer with his 99 stamina. trying mbappe next...
  • Edu
    5981 posts Big Money Move
    mbappe is a goal machine, send the ball to him and celebrate
  • ha032742
    33544 posts Moderator
    SyNation2 wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »

toty Neymar is not worth the price, felt no different to his regular card. The only good thing is he lasts longer with his 99 stamina. trying mbappe next...

That’s a shame then thanks :/

@Blarix team change incoming for me :#
  • holdenwait
    49320 posts FIFA Cover Star
    SyNation2 wrote: »

Great review :D
  • Navraat
    2190 posts Fans' Favourite
    TOTY Mbappe is unreal
  • Everton1878
    2138 posts Fans' Favourite
    De bruyne is the best player I've used. I swapped 90 gullit out for him and was a bit wary because well.. Gullit. But at CM they're fairly even gullit has longer legs for tackles, but de bruyne is that bit more agile, and obviously gullit is much better at headers. At CAM de bruyne is just better in every way. Feels a lot stronger on the ball and seems to just bounce off players constantly
  • WonderMouse
    1480 posts Play-Off Hero
    TOTY Messi has the best finesse shot in the game, no contest, both feet it does not matter
  • DeanoZoff
    3509 posts National Call-Up
    Still adapting to Modric but the pace boost is very noticeable instantly.

Passing and dribbling feel superb but havent tested the shooting enough yet
  • UTFR
    101 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    TOTY Messi has the best finesse shot in the game, no contest, both feet it does not matter

How much did you pay?
  • WonderMouse
    1480 posts Play-Off Hero
    UTFR wrote: »

How much did you pay?

I bought early so 4.97
  • Gabbalala
    1457 posts Play-Off Hero
    N-Golo-Kante-809128.jpg

N'Golo Kante Review
    bf2c2882-622f-410a-bc48-a755fbf5f61c_Thumbnail.PNG

So as you can see, I packed Kante in one of the PL Premium Upgrade packs and cried for about 2 hours after it because at that point, I was about 1.2 Million coins deep and couldn't stop...Kante popped out and suddenly made everything okay, I couldn't 'lose coins' because he was valued more than I spent on the upgrades. Before I start to review him, please note that I'm playing him as an LCM in a 41212(2) formation. Anyway, into the review;

PACE -

He feels like the quickest player I've used all year bar any version of Mbappe. He's lightning quick off a still start which makes him so unique for a central midfielder. I think he felt a lot quicker to me because he is playing in a role and a position where those around him don't have pace, therefore making him feel rapid. His acceleration puts him ahead of players whilst his sprint speed helps him to keep ahead. Nothing much else to say on this aspect.

SHOOTING -

It's absurd to see Kante scoring so many goals but that is exactly what he does with his 87 shooting. He has a deadly long shot and his shot power is up there with the best on the game. His positioning is also exceptional, many times I find him appearing at the back post or a further pass up the box when attacking. His finishing is good, not crazy but good enough to score most opportunities when presented to him. The only gripe with the WHOLE card, other than him not being 6'3" tall, is his finesse shots..Don't even bother attempting them, his curve is beyond poor and with his pure power and long shots being so good, you don't even need to finesse it anyway.

PASSING -

Inch perfect with. Every. Single. Pass. It's a passing player's dream to use Kante. The passing and shooting on Kante are the two reasons I decided to put him in LCM rather than CDM. He's too good at doing all the difficult bits that being creative entails that using him CDM would just be a waste unless you have a super team. Short passing or long passing is easy with Kante, nothing will be miss placed unless you rush a pass or attempt a silly pass where there is no space. Having TOTY Nominee David Silva and this guy in midfield is a bit of a joke to be honest, I've been having 60+% possession in some games when I usually rarely get 50% because keeping the ball is so easy with the pair of them.

DRIBBLING -

Okay, so along with the shooting, this is an area where you wouldn't normally expect Kante to thrive but he does. Every in game dribbling stat is above 90 so I'm not sure I need to say much here. In midfield Kante finds it easy to move in and out of trouble because he's so nimble and and turn in any direction as fast as any player can. Left or right, back or forward, you can be off and away in that direction before your opponent can react.

DEFENDING -

Kante was already the best CDM in the game so I'm not going to waste my time on this paragraph. I don't believe there is a better player on this game than taking the ball off than Kante when you factor in his speed and physical nature.

PHYSICAL-

Kante is a brawler first and foremost. He will battle for every inch and inch yard which is reflected in his stats. He feels super strong and super aggressive which is funny to watch when playing because the guy is half a foot smaller than most players he'll be up against. His jumping really surprised me, he is definitely no threat in the air but he will win the odd header and make you think "WTF". The game likes to put him in the box for corners which is annoying but if you call a second player he is always the one to come short so you can get rid of him that way. His stamina needs no review to people who have used his normal card, he's still as fresh as a daisy in extra time. :lol:

I'll round the review off with some GOLASSOs and neat play from WL by Kante:

• IamFrench
    1099 posts Professional
    I played +15 games with TOTY Ramos, TOTY Varane, TOTY Marcelo & TOTY Kanté, I think I prefer regular versions.
  • ha032742
    33544 posts Moderator
    IamFrench wrote: »
    I played +15 games with TOTY Ramos, TOTY Varane, TOTY Marcelo & TOTY Kanté, I think I prefer regular versions.

There are very few that are probably worth it except maybe Messi and Mbappe tbh.
  • Campino
    24588 posts Club Captain
    IamFrench wrote: »

There are very few that are probably worth it except maybe Messi and Mbappe tbh.

Kev <3
  • S-Dog
    2218 posts Fans' Favourite
    Kante is very very good, dribbling is out of this world, I just pick it up in CDM and run past everyone now :D
  • Joestoe
    2589 posts Fans' Favourite
    Marcelo is by far the best LB on the game, no question about it.

Picked up KdB and Ramos yesterday as well, gonna give them a go later today.
  • IamFrench
    1099 posts Professional
    Joestoe wrote: »
    Marcelo is by far the best LB on the game, no question about it.

Picked up KdB and Ramos yesterday as well, gonna give them a go later today.

Marcelo is LW, High/Low with 96 Positioning is not possible... I prefer Alba
  • Js734
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’ve used all except Messi now. Modric is the most fun, I think. Ronaldo is unstoppable and Mbappe is the biggest upgrade imo