First attempt at wl

Comments

• Racingeye1
    123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    3w 5l so far, resisted urge to rage sell and controller still intact so all good,
  • AndreiOT89
    663 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 11
    Racingeye1 wrote: »
    3w 5l so far, resisted urge to rage sell and controller still intact so all good,

Take a break dude.

Found that works perfect. The more calm you are the better you play.

I also found that if I play too many games at once, I stop enjoying it and only focus on winning which makes me play worse.
  • Pnub
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Well done mate. Half way there already.
    Like you i just manually defend so i'm sure they will be running around my defenders all day. So when I get around to trying it I'll have to wrap my controller in bubble wrap i'm sure
  • Good luck mate, I'm 51 :( and play WL and magically win half my match's every time, feels like you're unbeatable or useless depending on EA's mood.
  • Racingeye1
    LFCred wrote: »
    Good luck mate, I'm 51 :( and play WL and magically win half my match's every time, feels like you're unbeatable or useless depending on EA's mood.

I'm beginning to notice that
  • Racingeye1
    W3 L7 nearly sold squad again and controller is scared for its life
  • Noob_FC
    1918 posts Fans' Favourite
    W3 L7 nearly sold squad again and controller is scared for its life

From one crontoller breaker to another(future)...
    "Don't do it"...
    10 games for a day is enough
  • Racingeye1
    I get the complaining now! Why don't fifa just bring out fifa 20 as a simulator, buy your players and watch the Ai do everything for you gggggggrrrrrrrrr
  • Racingeye1
    As you can tell it's going well lol
  • Racingeye1
    Woo W4 L8
  • GLAN12
    74 posts Park Captain
    Good luck Ive just played the most pathetic little dweeb ever. He went 1-0 up on 30 mins . Then time wasted the whole of the second half passing the ball around his back four and all that for over 45 mins not trying to score. How much of a sad little dweeb must you be to do that
  • Renamed123456
    2726 posts National Call-Up
    Play all games I believe you can reach Gold 3

At least go for Silver 1.

You won't regret it. (But will it you don't)
  • Racingeye1
    It's not rewarding to a casual player, it's bloody awful
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1919 posts Play-Off Hero
    Made my first 3 rage quit. Not until about 10 wins I start finding it hard.
    It's all practise bud, I was the same as you a couple years ago although I did qualify for the first ever wl in 17 I lost ALOT of games. Reaching gold 3 then was a nightmare.

Try to defend patiently, accept that part of the game is defending and not you having the ball all the time, that helped me massively.
  • SKILLED_NOOB1
    1919 posts Play-Off Hero
    3w 5l isn't actually too bad. That will get you silver 1 at that ratio. Maybe gold 3
  • nj10
    2108 posts Fans' Favourite
    How’s it going man

Get a loan icon striker it could help
  • Racingeye1
    I have an 83 squad and defend manually I'm getting matched against 87 god squads!!!! I'm getting hammered. How does that make you want to play the game? I'll have a 5 min sulk then crack on lol
  • nj10
    2108 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have an 83 squad and defend manually I'm getting matched against 87 god squads!!!! I'm getting hammered. How does that make you want to play the game? I'll have a 5 min sulk then crack on lol

You’ve got all weekend, spread out your games
  • Racingeye1
    nj10 wrote: »
    How’s it going man

Currently W4 L10 but.....
    Controller is still alive
  • Racingeye1

You’ve got all weekend, spread out your games

I haven't that's the problem lol I should have waited but I was so keen to play as I've never qualified for fut champs before I didn't want to lose opportunity.
    Mrs Eye gets really annoyed with the swearing and shouting so I try and play when she's at work which is tonight only lol
  • dengah109
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    How’s it going man

I do think thats too many games to squeeze in, when did you start?
    My 1st WL i hated it to begin with. I also had 2 games disconnect when I was winning, lost 2 or 3 on pens and all in it was a struggle & i was like why do people do this. I probably only managed 20 games at most but the final few went better so I decided I'd try again a few weeks later.

I did my 2nd WL last weekend and it was good, better connection which helps, my play had also improved. Fri wasn't overly fun I was 2-4 I think but aside from 1 game all had been close and I could have won them. Sat was punishing but games were good as my connection was good so finished 6-9. Played a lot on Sunday and finished 15-10. Won 9 on the spin. That has never happened in rivals!
    I have to play late at night when wife/son have gone to bed.
  • Racingeye1
    dengah109 wrote: »
    How’s it going man

I do think thats too many games to squeeze in, when did you start?
    My 1st WL i hated it to begin with. I also had 2 games disconnect when I was winning, lost 2 or 3 on pens and all in it was a struggle & i was like why do people do this. I probably only managed 20 games at most but the final few went better so I decided I'd try again a few weeks later.

I did my 2nd WL last weekend and it was good, better connection which helps, my play had also improved. Fri wasn't overly fun I was 2-4 I think but aside from 1 game all had been close and I could have won them. Sat was punishing but games were good as my connection was good so finished 6-9. Played a lot on Sunday and finished 15-10. Won 9 on the spin. That has never happened in rivals!
    I have to play late at night when wife/son have gone to bed.

I've got to try and squeeze em on tonight, I started about lunch time with lots of breaks
  • Animo_et_fide
    26 posts Last Pick at the Park
    @Racingeye1 I'm with you mate, my first this weekend and I'm 1-4! Everyone is so much quicker and seems to intercept every forward pass i try and play!
    Hopefully it gets better otherwise it's a long miserable weekend
  • Racingeye1
    I've done it!!!!!! 6 wins with 9 matches to go☺☺☺☺
    I know most of you think pfft pathetic but it's massive for me
  • Renamed123456
    2726 posts National Call-Up
    Well done bro! Now get that 5 win streak and come back again next week!
  • Racingeye1
    Well done bro! Now get that 5 win streak and come back again next week!

Easier said than done when I'm getting 87 prem god squads with my little 83 bundes lol
  • dengah109
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Not at all! Well done :) first time is the worst, also a lot of ppl say Fridays are harder. The two times I've done it the sunday games were easier, but admittedly its only two times so not really good gauge! Any plans to it again?
  • SirSkinner
    164 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I find WL much more relaxing than rivals, personally
  • Pnub
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special

Well done mate.
    I hope you managed to get a few extra wins as well
  • Racingeye1
    Well at the end of my first one I finished with 8W with 3 games still to play, but I know I couldn't finish them all.
    Happy in the fact I beat my target of 6 so I can get my first 78 rated red pick but disappointed because if I concentrated more I'm sure I could have won a few more instead of letting in silly goals.
    Cheers for support chaps