First attempt at wl

Racingeye1
123 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Wish me luck, hold my own in div6 so I'm optimistic if I can reach my 6 wins target!

Comments

• nj10
    2108 posts Fans' Favourite
    Racingeye1 wrote: »
    Wish me luck, hold my own in div6 so I'm optimistic if I can reach my 6 wins target!

Aim for 11 wins
  • Metab0lic
    276 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was stuck in D5 for a long time and I always manage 17-20 wins with I play all my games. So I don't imagine D6 you'll be too far off.

Take breaks, don't go in to games raging. Try to spread them out etc.

Or if you don't have much time, just get to your target (11 is a good target) and then get the hell out of there
  • Ranntheman
    304 posts Sunday League Hero
    In div6 too and regularly hit 14 wins. Just play your game and enjoy it!
  • Simsbadger
    383 posts Sunday League Hero
    I’m div 5-6 and I always aim for silver 1 but so happy when I hit gold 3
    Gl
  • JordVorenholt
    373 posts Sunday League Hero
    Good luck

(it's my first attempt too)
  • Pnub
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck I'm division 6 as well and should have enough points to try next weekend and like you would be aiming for 6 wins although i'd be happy just getting on the board with 2
  • Mic2904
    1827 posts Play-Off Hero
    Take it easy. I have now played 5 WL and my first one was mid October. It can be daunting but it is NOT as hard as you may think. Most importantly... ENJOY!

Dont rage quit as every match will give you 400pts to your DR total points count. So you are winning in any case 👍

I am by no means a good player and can get to 11 no problem, but I have aimed for 6 the first time as well... I wanted my first ever Players pick. I actually stopped there after I hit the target within 10-12 games or so. I was so happy and made the next ones more relaxed :)
  • Racingeye1
    Not a good start pl2 l2 lol
    It's looking like I need to learn how to Ai defend instead of manual coz I'm getting ripped to shreds lol
  • dengah109
    190 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Good luck, have only played 2 WL's so far (I am new to FUT this year). Dont have high expectations, play for fun, and dont play if its too laggy. I understand Fridays can be quite bad for that. Hope it goes well!
  • Duncan1972
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    nj10 wrote: »

Aim for 11 wins

This. Only done 2 myself from D6 and managed 12. OP you'll get S1 for sure. And dont get discouraged if you lose your first few- it will improve.

• Racingeye1
    Won 1 out of 4 so far!
  • Mic2904
    1827 posts Play-Off Hero
    Won 1 out of 4 so far!

You are on the board! Well done 👍
  • Racingeye1
    I'm 41 with the reactions of a stoned sloth so I'm happy with a win lol
  • dengah109

join the club (am 40). 1st WL I got Silver 2 I think, but last weekend I got to G3 and was really pleased lol
    Might try again in a few weeks.
  • Racingeye1
    dengah109 wrote: »

join the club (am 40). 1st WL I got Silver 2 I think, but last weekend I got to G3 and was really pleased lol

G3 I'd be over the moon lol
  • Racingeye1
    Well its going that we'll I'm considering rage selling lol
  • dengah109

I certainly was, and shocked! I even took a screenshot on my phone as no doubt the next time I play WL I wont remember what I got last time around. The memory isnt what it once was ;)
  • DIXON THFC
    2067 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well its going that we'll I'm considering rage selling lol

:D :D
  • Racingeye1

I certainly was, and shocked! I even took a screenshot on my phone as no doubt the next time I play WL I wont remember what I got last time around. The memory isnt what it once was ;)

I can't find my phone!
  • dengah109

I can't find my phone!

lol as long as you dont lose your controller your all good.
  • Pocketsquareguy
    2845 posts Fans' Favourite
    My first ever weekend league I started 1-12. I finished 18-22. The game watches out for you after a certain point. I think you can likely get to 14 if you want.
  • Racingeye1

I can't find my phone!

Strapped to me hand with string round me back lol
  • GeorgeGervin
    1368 posts Professional
    @Racingeye1 you can do it! We are about the same age and I get schooled regularly by the young ones. You’ll get Silver 1 for sure! It seems a grind but you’ll catch a 4/5 game heater and the pressure will fade. I never finish the full 30 and usually just give my last 10/12 games away like Christmas presents. Good luck tiger 🐅
  • Racingeye1
    My first ever weekend league I started 1-12. I finished 18-22. The game watches out for you after a certain point. I think you can likely get to 14 if you want.

I hope so, I just had neuer run to edge of box to clear in last min at 2-2 changed his mind and duff open goal 3-2 aaaarrrrrgggghhhhhh
  • Racingeye1
    @Racingeye1 you can do it! We are about the same age and I get schooled regularly by the young ones. You’ll get Silver 1 for sure! It seems a grind but you’ll catch a 4/5 game heater and the pressure will fade. I never finish the full 30 and usually just give my last 10/12 games away like Christmas presents. Good luck tiger 🐅

Cheers mate, let's hope so
  • Torn4do
    381 posts Sunday League Hero
    Not a good start pl2 l2 lol
    It's looking like I need to learn how to Ai defend instead of manual coz I'm getting ripped to shreds lol

Don’t worry too much about the first 5 games, I find them often much tougher than once you are ranked, I often end the first 5 winning just 1 or 2 games and regularly finish on 14 wins with 6-7 games to go.

• TheFaries_77
    159 posts Has Potential To Be Special

The old git's club......im 42!
    Play Div 6 and usually always get Gold 3, however I sold my team this week and rebuilt, I have a bad feeling about this weekend!
  • Torn4do
    381 posts Sunday League Hero

The old git's club......im 42!
    Play Div 6 and usually always get Gold 3, however I sold my team this week and rebuilt, I have a bad feeling about this weekend!

I’m 41 and not had a console for about 12 years until I bought one back at the end of October, started out at silver 2 and currently getting gold 3 with 6 games to go most weeks.

Last time I properly played fifa was at Uni and it was FIFA 98, road to the World Cup! Used to have a lot of fun playing that game!!
  • ZiggieTTU
    533 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Grind through the first 5 loses without second guessing yourself and it will be much more enjoyable. Then you will get better matchups.
  • Pnub
    226 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ahhh

I can't find my phone!

Its not so much about not loosing your controller and more about making sure you don't break it lol