Useless players now good

Rossco160715
2638 posts Fans' Favourite
I simply cannot beat my friend who has absolutely no idea how to play football. Even at five a sides, he’s useless. Fantasy football; he finishes last.

All previous Fifa; he’s useless.

Fifa 19; he just finished elite. He’s absolutely mastered AI defending and timed finishing. He’s so difficult to beat now without actually having any knowledge of football. He controls his cdm and just constantly slams finesse shots with his 3 cams.

Is this honestly what EA want from their game?

Comments

• BombSquadPuppy
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite
    Skill gap got closed in?
  • pekkaa88
    7267 posts Big Money Move
    Illuminati confirmed
  • Rossco160715
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    I would never call any friend of mine "useless". You did beat him all the time and now he is better than you. Deal with it instead of crying

I assume you typed this behind your tear-strained post of not receiving free content from EA Sports. They’re not giving you it after this post either; unlucky, chump.
  • EisenErmin
    10927 posts Has That Special Something
    EisenErmin wrote: »
    I would never call any friend of mine "useless". You did beat him all the time and now he is better than you. Deal with it instead of crying

I assume you typed this behind your tear-strained post of not receiving free content from EA Sports. They’re not giving you it after this post either; unlucky, chump.

What??????
  • Rossco160715
    Skill gap got closed in?

He fully conceded that he doesn’t have to learn the art of football. He’s happy to let AI defend and just shoot as soon as he reaches 30 yards from goal.

It’s beyond pathetic.

• EekAlaska
    2969 posts National Call-Up
    Fake news
  • iRusty_yo
    4011 posts National Call-Up
    I simply cannot beat my friend who has absolutely no idea how to play football. Even at five a sides, he’s useless. Fantasy football; he finishes last.

Fifa 19; he just finished elite. He’s absolutely mastered AI defending and timed finishing. He’s so difficult to beat now without actually having any knowledge of football. He controls his cdm and just constantly slams finesse shots with his 3 cams.

Got the exact same thing with my mate, absolutely shocking.

Been beating him all the over the years, Christ he couldn’t even win the DKT. Now, e3 finishes every other WL :/

• Rossco160715
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

Got the exact same thing with my mate, absolutely shocking.

Been beating him all the over the years, Christ he couldn’t even win the DKT. Now, e3 finishes every other WL :/

It really wouldn’t bother me if he just got good. I’d bloody applaud him.

He is under no illusions though; he will openly tell anyone that he just lets AI do the business for him and he just timed finesse shots from anywhere. It’s infuriating. He’s not even doing anything wrong; he’s playing the game as it’s desgined. He doesn’t have to think about defending or think about attacking. Let the game defend and just time a shot and it’s as easy as that.
  • Empyrium7
    3783 posts National Call-Up
    sad but true
    you don't need football knowledge anymore to play FIFA
    it became one button on defending and some combo smashing in attacking
  • AjaxLegends
    4966 posts National Call-Up
    But there is no way he is having fun. I play the game for fun so I manually defend, try to pass the ball and score screamers with Cruyff. It's not like the rewards are worth it to play boring AI football.
  • BombSquadPuppy
    2297 posts Fans' Favourite
    Skill gap got closed in?

He fully conceded that he doesn’t have to learn the art of football. He’s happy to let AI defend and just shoot as soon as he reaches 30 yards from goal.

It’s beyond pathetic.

The new mechanics were put in place to close the skill gaps... so what happened between unskilled friend losing all the time? Now hes winning... skill gap closed, ‘nuff said
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    So he's better than you (and most fifa players if he's finishing elite) at a computer game?

What's your point?
  • Slawter
    4359 posts National Call-Up
    Pretty sure if you put me in the middle of a warzone against a Royal Marine, the fact i used to be among the highest possible ranks on csgo would seem a bit irrelevant too.
    It's a game. It's different.
  • ITSSPENO
    2012 posts Fans' Favourite
    Noo wrote: »
    So he's better than you (and most fifa players if he's finishing elite) at a computer game?

What's your point?

I think his point is he wants this football video game to actually represent football.

Madness.
  • dabeags
    415 posts Sunday League Hero

What's your point?

This is my favorite part, the skill gap still exists, OP is just at the wrong end of it.
  • Noo
    1944 posts Fans' Favourite
    ITSSPENO wrote: »

What's your point?

I think his point is he wants this football video game to actually represent football.

Madness.

When you think about it, Luca Modric should really be the best fifa 19 player in the world! But I've never seen him make it to a tournament or even in the top 100!!!

This is a disgrace. Come on EA sort it out!!!!!!!!
  • Renamed123456
    6198 posts Big Money Move
    pekkaa88 wrote: »
    Illuminati confirmed

ElluminatA