Just can't win anymore

ReaLMadriD52
447 posts Sunday League Hero
After finally getting the hang of this game and doing fairly well including going 15-9 in the weekend league 2 weeks ago without completing all games, I just can't seem to win anymore. These past couple of weeks were just shocking for me. My teams just aren't playing like they used to and I'm getting completely dominated in my games now. I have gone from a 1640 skill rating to now a 1195 rating. I even took a break from the game like iI normally would if I play bad but that did not help what so ever. Does anyone have any tips and advice on how i can get back to my winning ways?

Comments

• Amdp9
    2934 posts National Call-Up
    take a break!
  • Foldsea
    1139 posts Professional
    Same for me
    I blame connection
  • Delboy13710
    4728 posts National Call-Up
    Change to a more defensive/basic formation like 442 play everything on blalanced and try get back to basics accept you might loose a few and don’t try to hard would be my advise
  • ReaLMadriD52
    Amdp9 wrote: »
    take a break!

I have and that seemed to make it worse lol. And now that toty is out its harder to take a break.
  • ReaLMadriD52
    Foldsea wrote: »
    Same for me
    I blame connection

I think i just have bad luck at this point haha. Missing sitters and easy tap ins that i would never miss before. In one game i was down 1 goal in the 90th minute on a breakaway. i shoot with ronaldo and it hits to post bouncing right into the path of perisic who is literally in front of the goal alone and manages to miss somehow smh
  • ReaLMadriD52
    Change to a more defensive/basic formation like 442 play everything on blalanced and try get back to basics accept you might loose a few and don’t try to hard would be my advise

What instructions do you use for your players?
  • JV24601
    907 posts Professional
    I’m the same.
    Trust me, it’s the game. Record one of your games then watch it back.

I’ve been doing that, because my players are doing stupid things. Falling over nothing, miscontrolling the simplest of balls, running away from the ball.

It’s never felt as bad as it’s been this week.
    I’ve sold 3 teams this week.
    Somehow made a profit too
  • ReaLMadriD52
    JV24601 wrote: »
    I’m the same.
    Trust me, it’s the game. Record one of your games then watch it back.

I’ve been doing that, because my players are doing stupid things. Falling over nothing, miscontrolling the simplest of balls, running away from the ball.

It’s never felt as bad as it’s been this week.
    I’ve sold 3 teams this week.
    Somehow made a profit too

Yea that's exactly what is happening to me and it is extremely annoying. I've had my defenders trip over each other allowing the opponent to run through for an easy goal. I agree as well that this week has been the worse so far. I haven't sold anyone yet just kept changing formations which did not work whatsoever.
  • bigpokey24
    4802 posts Big Money Move
    After finally getting the hang of this game and doing fairly well including going 15-9 in the weekend league 2 weeks ago without completing all games, I just can't seem to win anymore. These past couple of weeks were just shocking for me. My teams just aren't playing like they used to and I'm getting completely dominated in my games now. I have gone from a 1640 skill rating to now a 1195 rating. I even took a break from the game like iI normally would if I play bad but that did not help what so ever. Does anyone have any tips and advice on how i can get back to my winning ways?

It's the server and connection. No one all of a sudden becomes a noob. The game has major issues..even winning feels very unsatisfying. I have tweaked so many settings , be is monitor settings..Increased and decreased screen side u der settings on my ps4..

There is no hope for fifa 19...
  • ReaLMadriD52
    bigpokey24 wrote: »

It's the server and connection. No one all of a sudden becomes a noob. The game has major issues..even winning feels very unsatisfying. I have tweaked so many settings , be is monitor settings..Increased and decreased screen side u der settings on my ps4..

There is no hope for fifa 19...
    You think so? I never really questioned the servers or connections before as I always blamed myself but yea something is definitely wrong with this game lately. The fact that you literally cannot win to people you would normally destroy is insane. At this point, every loss I get doesn't even bother me anymore...
  • Whilst it may be the servers, I think most of the time you’ll know if that’s the problem, as inputs aren’t accepted, there’s speed up lag etc.

If your players are struggling to do things they were doing fine in previous weeks, in my experience it’s most probably just the game.

Check your team’s rating against the Oppo’s - if you’re more than 2 ratings higher accept that your players may ( in my experience it doesn’t always happen - it’s about 50% of the time) do things that will make your blood boil - and just laugh at it. There really is no other solution.

Even if you have matched rated teams, if you go ahead in a game, you’ll find the game starts turning your players to crap (sometimes it’s straight away, sometimes just in the second half). Again, accept it, but simplify everything - in particular only go for really simple passes, hoof out if under pressure, take long goal -kicks etc. And laugh at it.

And if you somehow make it to the last few minutes and you’re still ahead, accept the game will do all it can to make you concede. So simplify everything. And laugh at it.

I found that being prepared for it makes it much easier. Yes, you’ll go through a period of anger, but then learn to live with it. And laugh at it.

I think the patch just before Christmas made things much worse than normal - a cynic would say that was so that new players who got the game for Christmas felt they were always in the game, so would continue playing.

Good luck !
  • ReaLMadriD52
    Whilst it may be the servers, I think most of the time you’ll know if that’s the problem, as inputs aren’t accepted, there’s speed up lag etc.

If your players are struggling to do things they were doing fine in previous weeks, in my experience it’s most probably just the game.

Check your team’s rating against the Oppo’s - if you’re more than 2 ratings higher accept that your players may ( in my experience it doesn’t always happen - it’s about 50% of the time) do things that will make your blood boil - and just laugh at it. There really is no other solution.

Even if you have matched rated teams, if you go ahead in a game, you’ll find the game starts turning your players to crap (sometimes it’s straight away, sometimes just in the second half). Again, accept it, but simplify everything - in particular only go for really simple passes, hoof out if under pressure, take long goal -kicks etc. And laugh at it.

And if you somehow make it to the last few minutes and you’re still ahead, accept the game will do all it can to make you concede. So simplify everything. And laugh at it.

I found that being prepared for it makes it much easier. Yes, you’ll go through a period of anger, but then learn to live with it. And laugh at it.

I think the patch just before Christmas made things much worse than normal - a cynic would say that was so that new players who got the game for Christmas felt they were always in the game, so would continue playing.

Good luck !

The thing is it's kinda hard to be prepared for things when they happen out of nowhere. At this point I know I'm gonna lose the game within the first 10 in-game minutes and it doesn't anger me now lol. Also my team rating is normally lower than most and I even tried to bronze bench at one point and nothing changed.
  • Mikep2212
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Servers are rubbish tonite 8 game win streak followed by 10 games of getting absolutely roasted and my players unable to make 5 yrd passes. Turned it off will try again tomorrow i think
  • Demon_reborn
    2692 posts Fans' Favourite

bro use drp back and 3 bars on the defensive line and your golden.
  • ReaLMadriD52

bro use drp back and 3 bars on the defensive line and your golden.
    What about the offensive tactics?
  • ReaLMadriD52
    Mikep2212 wrote: »
    Servers are rubbish tonite 8 game win streak followed by 10 games of getting absolutely roasted and my players unable to make 5 yrd passes. Turned it off will try again tomorrow i think

The more I think about it the more I’m leaning towards the servers having an issue. There’s is no way this many people can all of a sudden trash players
  • im having trouble winning in fut ..div 10 with a ZERO skill rating ..in pro clubs I can barely make a simple pass or routine play ..something is not right ..one thing to suck at a game but mine seems unplayable bad as if ea sports did something to my account/ps4/ip..i feel like I am so bad at the game despite playing 4-10 hours a day for the last 2-3 years that I should be decent by now ..its the same for me in nhl ..I uninstalled nhl19 from my system and will not be purchasing nhl20 ..I may not buy fifa 21if fifa20 goes like the last 3 years ..i rarely ever win and I rarely ever score ..

• is1996
    734 posts Semi-Pro
    im having trouble winning in fut ..div 10 with a ZERO skill rating ..in pro clubs I can barely make a simple pass or routine play ..something is not right ..one thing to suck at a game but mine seems unplayable bad as if ea sports did something to my account/ps4/ip..i feel like I am so bad at the game despite playing 4-10 hours a day for the last 2-3 years that I should be decent by now ..its the same for me in nhl ..I uninstalled nhl19 from my system and will not be purchasing nhl20 ..I may not buy fifa 21if fifa20 goes like the last 3 years ..i rarely ever win and I rarely ever score ..

zero skill rating lol . Just dont play for 2 days bro
  • im having trouble winning in fut ..div 10 with a ZERO skill rating ..in pro clubs I can barely make a simple pass or routine play ..something is not right ..one thing to suck at a game but mine seems unplayable bad as if ea sports did something to my account/ps4/ip..i feel like I am so bad at the game despite playing 4-10 hours a day for the last 2-3 years that I should be decent by now ..its the same for me in nhl ..I uninstalled nhl19 from my system and will not be purchasing nhl20 ..I may not buy fifa 21if fifa20 goes like the last 3 years ..i rarely ever win and I rarely ever score ..

I'm having the same issue the past month. I was comfortably in div 6/7 since I brought the game winning roughly 1 in every 2, a few streaks but stayed fairly constant. Then all of a sudden after the last patch I've not barely been able to get a win. I've dropped down to division 10 and my rating has dropped to 59. In some games it feels like my controller has been dropped in glue I have that little control over players.

I would never say I'm a good fifa player, but this feels like the odds are stacked. There is no way I could have got this bad all of a sudden.
  • Ishibum
    12267 posts Has That Special Something
    im having trouble winning in fut ..div 10 with a ZERO skill rating ..in pro clubs I can barely make a simple pass or routine play ..something is not right ..one thing to suck at a game but mine seems unplayable bad as if ea sports did something to my account/ps4/ip..i feel like I am so bad at the game despite playing 4-10 hours a day for the last 2-3 years that I should be decent by now ..its the same for me in nhl ..I uninstalled nhl19 from my system and will not be purchasing nhl20 ..I may not buy fifa 21if fifa20 goes like the last 3 years ..i rarely ever win and I rarely ever score ..

If you're struggling to win in div 10 then I suspect it's not the game that's the problem. You may want to look at some other games
  • SomeLegend
    1148 posts Professional
    Ishibum wrote: »

If you're struggling to win in div 10 then I suspect it's not the game that's the problem. You may want to look at some other games

Very harsh lol do the training games to get the feel would be advise