Red Paper Clip

BWild
3119 posts National Call-Up
I don't know why, but I was feeling nostalgic and was thinking about the forum Red Paper Clip fiasco. Such a fun concept.

I miss when the forums/game worked together. Trade offers opened the door for so many possibilities.

Comments

• Chubbs
    14181 posts Has That Special Something
    BWild wrote: »
    I don't know why, but I was feeling nostalgic and was thinking about the forum Red Paper Clip fiasco. Such a fun concept.

I miss when the forums/game worked together. Trade offers opened the door for so many possibilities.

Wish they would do like madden and have trades but what you receive becomes untradeable until you send it back to the person who gave it to you. Me and my friends get to share all of our cards.
  • futureyears
    957 posts Professional
    Ah, joeyjoe, what an incredibly well thought out scam that ended up being, caught us all completely off-guard :D
  • BWild
    Ah, joeyjoe, what an incredibly well thought out scam that ended up being, caught us all completely off-guard :D

I mean at the end of the day no one really lost out on any value because that's the point of a red paper clip. Small incremental upgrades. It just got out of hand lol
  • BWild
    Chubbs wrote: »

Wish they would do like madden and have trades but what you receive becomes untradeable until you send it back to the person who gave it to you. Me and my friends get to share all of our cards.

The FIFA team compared to Madden/FIFA mobile is so odd
  • futureyears
    957 posts Professional

I mean at the end of the day no one really lost out on any value because that's the point of a red paper clip. Small incremental upgrades. It just got out of hand lol

Definitely got out of hand, some of the increments got to a very high level!

Was it TOTS Ribery he ended up getting away with? I can’t quite remember :/
  • Pikachu
    8450 posts League Winner
    I felt bad since I was helping him out with the thread, and then he ran off. :joy:
  • UM4R
    3631 posts Moderator
    Pikachu wrote: »
    I felt bad since I was helping him out with the thread, and then he ran off. :joy:

don't lie you two were in it together @Pikachu , glad to say I didn't participate in the scam too smart... (nobody wanted silvers :lol: )
  • BWild

Definitely got out of hand, some of the increments got to a very high level!

Was it TOTS Ribery he ended up getting away with? I can’t quite remember :/

It was some version of Ribbery. Like 350kish. But I don't think anyone can feel "scammed" because they still got someone of almost equal value in return.
  • YOLOT0URE
    6738 posts Big Money Move
    Good times
  • BarryChuckle
    151 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Back when you could actually interact and trade with other forumers, and everybody dreamt of drawing Zipko in their secret santa group.
  • SupaNoodle1990
    25984 posts Player of the Year
    Back in the day, before the regime crushed our freedom.
  • BWild
    Back when you could actually interact and trade with other forumers, and everybody dreamt of drawing Zipko in their secret santa group.

Or the day when Zipko told everyone to put up a bronze for 100k and he'd pick a winner, and he binned all 43.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    some guy offered me three robbens once for a card :D
  • VICTAAAA
    10656 posts Has That Special Something
    Back in the day, before the regime crushed our freedom.

Back in the day when the sigs were fun (although loading times could be :angry: )
  • BWild
    Chubbs wrote: »

The more I think about it, this would be such an amazing idea.

Bring back trading but the cards you get are unsellable and can't be used in SBCs. Allow SBC/specially cards to be traded too.
  • Waldog94
    1232 posts Professional
    Inteoduce a player pick market for swaps sure somebody could make a better use for my tif werner than his current supersub role
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    3951 posts National Call-Up
    swapping untradeables would be a nice option..you could swap futmas cards or otw with your mates etc
  • BWild
    They also would need a caveat where they couldn't be used in SBCs. Otherwise that would be exploited