Off-Topic / Real Football changes

Comments

• EA_Andy
    3156 posts EA Community Manager
    Hippyboy6 wrote: »
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    @Knowlesdinho - Agree that multiple threads on the same topic aren't great. Try to lock and re-direct where possible but you can appreciate just how busy the forums get.

Someone creating a thread where there is already a discussion is something we'd like to try and avoid but it's inevitable with such a busy forum.

If you do notice any threads that are breaking other rules though feel free to flag them.

You want help moderating the forums now :joy:

The report function has always been there, it's not something new.
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    Just a side-note.
    The Serie A louge hasn't had any new "regulars" since the change.
    Same old people still post, with no "fresh blood".
    In case one of the goals was increased intermingling between lounges because they were all in one place, well, it failed quite miserably. :D

C'mon that was never the goal, it was to get them out the way :joy:
  • Antparry92
    17565 posts World Class
    Just a side-note.
    The Serie A lounge hasn't had any new "regulars" since the change.
    Same old people still post, with no "fresh blood".
    In case one of the goals was increased intermingling between lounges because they were all in one place, well, it failed quite miserably. :D

Thank you! We’ve all said the exact same in the MLS lounge also
  • Alemas_2012
    15231 posts World Class
    EA: "We believe this change is right."
    Community: "This change is wrong."
    EA: "This change is right."
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    @Knowlesdinho - Agree that multiple threads on the same topic aren't great. Try to lock and re-direct where possible but you can appreciate just how busy the forums get.

Someone creating a thread where there is already a discussion is something we'd like to try and avoid but it's inevitable with such a busy forum.

If you do notice any threads that are breaking other rules though feel free to flag them.

You make it sound like we didn't monitor the forums for years (old one & this one) my point was now you don't have to meticulously nit pick OT threads, you'll have more time in your hands for duplicate threads. OT section is one less to worry about for you
  • Knowlesdinho
    10202 posts Has That Special Something

I’ve asked before, why not poll the forum and ask us what we want?
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    When will EA appreciate its longer serving users instead of pushing them away in the hope for new users being attracted.

• Antparry92
    17565 posts World Class

You make it sound like we didn't monitor the forums for years (old one & this one) my point was now you don't have to meticulously nit pick OT threads, you'll have more time in your hands for duplicate threads. OT section is one less to worry about for you

This. The vast majority of us older heads have probably been here longer than him. We were there on the old forum also. Xbox side of the forum pretty much self moderated considering the amount of traffic there was
  • EA_Andy

Mentioned this on the last page.
    BiigDee wrote: »
    When will EA appreciate its longer serving users instead of pushing them away in the hope for new users being attracted.

Again, we've not stopped you from discussing the things you always have.

If anyone has any ideas for ways they'd like to see forums highlighted, or could drive traffic to your lounges etc then I'd be happy to hear them (outside of just move them back to FUT).

For example - the talking points have a banner. We could use something similar for different lounges every week.
  • Antparry92
    17565 posts World Class
    So basically you didn’t give us a poll because you wouldn’t have gotten the outcome you wanted from those polls so gave us no option or say instead.....right, gotcha
  • Alemas_2012
    15231 posts World Class
    Another thing.
    The PC Community OT thread got absolutely murdered by the change.
    Before the move, there were a few posts every week.
    After the move, there have been 4 new posts in nearly a month.
    Congrats EA, you finally got what you wanted...
  • Antparry92
    17565 posts World Class

If anyone has any ideas for ways they'd like to see forums highlighted, or could drive traffic to your lounges etc then I'd be happy to hear them (outside of just move them back to FUT).

For example - the talking points have a banner. We could use something similar for different lounges every week.

You mean the talking points banners that have clearly worked so well?! :joy: :joy:
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class

Would you not even consider moving the real football thread back to the Xbox section? It really is one of the most popular threads. Having it stickied at the top doesn't clutter anything up. As to why that thread should be stickied over others, because it's the most popular.

Am I allowed to make a poll to guage opinion on it or will that be deemed OT?
  • Knowlesdinho

Missed that one. So it was a change you wanted to make, and a change you knew that we would veto.

Why don’t you do us all a favour, and ban all the old guard, we don’t matter to you anyway, so why keep us around?
  • Alemas_2012
    15231 posts World Class

Would you not even consider moving the real football thread back to the Xbox section? It really is one of the most popular threads. Having it stickied at the top doesn't clutter anything up. As to why that thread should be stickied over others, because it's the most popular.

It would be deemed as "OT" as it wouldn't as much traffic there...
  • Dan is Clutch
    24662 posts Club Captain
    You're all wasting your time.
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up

I know you have a job to do and from what I see here your mainly the only 1 that’s helpful but I honestly doubt many will rush with ideas simply because it will go in 1 eat and out the other. Your probably just carrying out orders and I get that but EA are totally out of sync with the community simply because a lot of what’s said isn’t paid attention to.
  • Knowlesdinho

Absolutely, but this is my d pad :joy:
  • Tof33z
    6479 posts Big Money Move

yep. Back in your box plebs and buy some fp or something
  • Dan is Clutch
    24662 posts Club Captain

Absolutely, but this is my d pad :joy:

I agree with you all but it's clear they have no intention of listening/reversing the changes otherwise they would of asked us all about it before just doing it anyway.
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class

@EA_Andy ??
  • Knowlesdinho
    @Hippyboy6 I’d just do it in the PS section, GD, and Xbox section. 1 of 3 things will happen:

1) They will get taken down.
    2) They will be allowed, but the results will be ignored.
    3) They will all ironically be moved to the off-topic section.
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    @Hippyboy6 I’d just do it in the PS section, GD, and Xbox section. 1 of 3 things will happen:

1) They will get taken down.
    2) They will be allowed, but the results will be ignored.
    3) They will all ironically be moved to the off-topic section.

Spot on, they won't take any notice of us oldies anyway.
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    @Knowlesdinho I made the poll anyway. I've only put it in the Xbox section as that's kind of where I want it returned to lol
  • G12OGN
    1519 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 6

Really dissapointed this threads gone...Just going to have post regular threads in the Xbox section and let them get moved or post in the SBC thread :naughty:

Its EA's way or the high way. Poor form.
  • EA_Andy
    @Knowlesdinho I made the poll anyway. I've only put it in the Xbox section as that's kind of where I want it returned to lol

I've removed it now. The thread will have to stay in the real football section. Would recommend bookmarking it to easily find.
  • Fab
    17550 posts World Class
    these are some very disappointing changes i hope they all will be reverted soon thank you
  • Hippyboy6
    16864 posts World Class
    Fab wrote: »
    these are some very disappointing changes i hope they all will be reverted soon thank you

No chance, not even allowed to discuss it. The poll wasn't even moved, just deleted
  • Antparry92
    17565 posts World Class
    F#*king absolute state on this! Shifted the poll because the outcome wouldn’t fit their ideas and agenda :joy: