Comments

• Choepiechakie
    31404 posts National Team Captain
    Fab wrote: »
    Mart wrote: »
    I completely support this decision! You just simply cannot have a 150 page Fortnite thread being the biggest thread in a FUT forum section. That's a very bad look when FUT-related threads at best only achieve 1/10th of this page total, except for a few outliers. So from where you're standing (and I assume higher ups that wanted this move to go through), it makes perfect sense to hide such a thread at the bottom of the forum in some subforum. I hope we can help you guys in different ways in the future too as it's always great to help others.

Can only agree. It would be a massive shame if one of these threads were to be moved down by these lounges.

0837f7be3d79e30f114ce78032d2b0ba.png
    3 own goals in Fut Champs causes a forefeit? We're lucky to have this fact shown to us in case we could not control our rage during a digital video game. Now we know to only score 2 of those before smashing our controller into the tv.
    https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/452661/third-tv-broken-the-way-they-run-fifa-is-too-much

WOOPS! Looks like we have another victim here. Maybe we can start a gofundme so we can put the people that need it on therapy? Issues like these are too often disregarded in our society, it would be nice to make a positive change.

Hows this relevant?

I would suggest the idea in a new off topic thread but then it would gain even less views. I mean, who cares? This thread was only made to give you the illusion your opinion is valued so backlash could be limited. No amount of moaning is gonna revert this decision so we may as well get real jiggy with it!

True
  • Choepiechakie
    31404 posts National Team Captain
    So after a week or two, how has the traffic been? Lower/same?
  • Summer69
    1309 posts Professional

• EA_Andy
    3093 posts EA Community Manager

Overall traffic numbers aren't really something we would normally disclose.

In terms of posts and threads they're obviously all public so you can see in different forums the new threads and posts etc.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class

As you can see I've got a poll running in this section and it has 115 votes. I think it's fair to say this section is booming.
  • Knowlesdinho
    10089 posts Has That Special Something

As you can see I've got a poll running in this section and it has 115 votes. I think it's fair to say this section is booming.

Yep you conned them good. Your polls will be marked now though.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class

Yep you conned them good. Your polls will be marked now though.

I would rather you don't use the word "con" here. I feel like that has a very negative connotation to it.
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    C'mon @EA_Andy … this is pretty clear that this section is getting very little traffic:
    fkZHtmA.png

I guess this question begs an answer … Does EA care more about structuring this forum to suit certain infrastructure & process requirements, and therefore care very little about the overall interaction of the member base outside of FUT?
  • krakos000
    17447 posts World Class
    C'mon @EA_Andy … this is pretty clear that this section is getting very little traffic:
    fkZHtmA.png

I guess this question begs an answer … Does EA care more about structuring this forum to suit certain infrastructure & process requirements, and therefore care very little about the overall interaction of the member base outside of FUT?

Didn't even know this was a thread until I came here looking for the comic thread lol
  • EA_Andy
    edited January 29
    @VanBasten12 - Re:- "care very little about the overall interaction of the member base outside of FUT?"

We have 7 forums for active posting outside of FUT:

FIFA 19 - General
    Seasons + Co-op
    Career Mode
    Career Mode Stories
    Pro Clubs
    Real Football
    Off-Topic

Then sub-forums in some of those too. We're currently reviewing these and may just merge all off-topic sub-forums into one off-topic page, and same with RF.

We aren't blocking people from not talking about FUT, we haven't locked those forums off from FIFA 19 players, and we also have generation sections for people still playing older games.

If people want to interact on these topics then they can, it just needs to be done in a slightly different forum than before for some people.
    Post edited by EA_Andy on
  • VanBasten12
    EA_Andy wrote: »
    @VanBasten12 - Re:- "care very little about the overall interaction of the member base outside of FUT?"

We have 7 forums for active posting outside of FUT:

FIFA 19 - General
    Seasons + Co-op
    Career Mode
    Career Mode Stories
    Pro Clubs
    Real Football
    Off-Topic

Then sub-forums in some of those too. We're currently reviewing these and may just merge all off-topic sub-forums into one off-topic page, and same with RF.

We aren't blocking people from not talking about FUT, we haven't locked those forums off from FIFA 19 players, and we also have generation sections for people still playing older games.

If people want to interact on these topics then they can, it just needs to be done in a slightly different forum than before for some people.

Apologies @EA_Andy - I should have worded that better.

The history of the forum shows that the interaction between the respective communities (I am focused on XBCC here), has been within that specific forum, and gained responses from people as they've seen it.

I am not attempting to be facetious, nor wanting to derail threads (I got a warning for that - for real!!), not aggressive … nothing of the sort. It's just disappointing to see people not discussing other important topics - part of "being a forum" - and without sounding clichéd, there is an aspect social responsibility that forums adopt.

However, it is clear that by not allowing people to post OT in XBCC, means that the majority of threads now being discussed, is only about FUT. The interaction outside of that - important for a number of people including me - is barely noticeable by many!

With this decision made, this forum is now pretty much a FUT-only forum, with a 1% of posts being (or less) about OT non-football discussions.

What about a compromise? OT can stay in the primary thread for 1 day max (maybe even a couple of hours dependant on time zone) - nothing more? This means there will be some traction gained as people will see it, but with the knowledge that it will be moved within that specific time period.

I'd even look to development to create a script & job to auto move any "OT ..." threads to that section.
  • ITSSPENO
    1951 posts Fans' Favourite
    @EA_Andy @WFCBagnall @UM4R

Hi, sorry to tag you all, does anyone know why I can only post in "other"? It won't let me create threads or post in XBCC or GD. Only here?

Using mobile if that helps?
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    ITSSPENO wrote: »
    EA_Andy WFCBagnall UM4R

Hi, sorry to tag you all, does anyone know why I can only post in "other"? It won't let me create threads or post in XBCC or GD. Only here?

Have you played FIFA 18/19 on this email?

Some settings were changed today - https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/456961/forum-permissions/p1?new=1
  • ITSSPENO
    edited January 29
    Alastair wrote: »
    EA_Andy WFCBagnall UM4R

Some settings were changed today - https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/456961/forum-permissions/p1?new=1

Yeah played every year on this account, always contribute to threads in those sections regarding trading and teams etc.

Is anyone else having these issues? I haven't seen anyone post but they might not realise they can post here.

Also @EA_Andy what's the reason for this latest change? What about potential customers who want to join the forum to ask questions etc? Aren't they being shut out?

• Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    edited January 29
    EA_Andy WFCBagnall UM4R

Yeah played every year on this account, always contribute to threads in those sections regarding trading and teams etc.

Is anyone else having these issues? I haven't seen anyone post but they might not realise they can post here.

I’ve flagged your account to be checked in the morning. :)

There have been a small number of other users affected who have PM’d mods. Most of them have been using a different email to play FIFA to the one linked to their forum account so it’s worth double checking that.
  • ITSSPENO
    EA_Andy WFCBagnall UM4R

There have been a small number of other users affected who have PM’d mods. Most of them have been using a different email to play FIFA to the one linked to their forum account so it’s worth double checking that.

Thanks, much appreciated.

I believe it is the same, my username is my GT (selected years ago on the old forum and from what I remember it carried over)
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    EA_Andy WFCBagnall UM4R

I believe it is the same, my username is my GT (selected years ago on the old forum and from what I remember it carried over)

I think you can choose your forum name separately to your gametag name. The easiest way to check you’re using the same email is to log in to the web app on a browser which doesn’t save your password (private browsing will work) then open the forums in a new tab. It should automatically log you into the forums using your web app account.
  • VanBasten12
    @Alastair - what if you originally used an email address associated with another GT (was one of my trading accounts on '12), and that no longer has FIFA 18 or 19 access? Further to this, it was an Xbox account and I've switched to PS this year.

My Origin account - used for web app access, is linked to my primary email address. However I rarely use that for forums and the like. I use a secondary Gmail account for this due to previously getting hacked.
  • ITSSPENO
    edited January 30
    EA_Andy WFCBagnall UM4R

I think you can choose your forum name separately to your gametag name. The easiest way to check you’re using the same email is to log in to the web app on a browser which doesn’t save your password (private browsing will work) then open the forums in a new tab. It should automatically log you into the forums using your web app account.

@Alastair
    Cheers, gave it a go (on mobile) and it looks like I am using the correct account. Used chrome (browser I never use for forums), logged into web app, went onto forums pressed sign in and it bought me to this account.

Edit: Just been into XBCC and it is letting me post again now. Thanks for the help, hope everyone else gets sorted
  • Alastair
    10022 posts Moderator
    EA_Andy WFCBagnall UM4R

@Alastair
    Cheers, gave it a go (on mobile) and it looks like I am using the correct account. Used chrome (browser I never use for forums), logged into web app, went onto forums pressed sign in and it bought me to this account.

Edit: Just been into XBCC and it is letting me post again now. Thanks for the help, hope everyone else gets sorted

Glad to hear it’s working for you now. :)

@Alastair - what if you originally used an email address associated with another GT (was one of my trading accounts on '12), and that no longer has FIFA 18 or 19 access? Further to this, it was an Xbox account and I've switched to PS this year.

My Origin account - used for web app access, is linked to my primary email address. However I rarely use that for forums and the like. I use a secondary Gmail account for this due to previously getting hacked.

I’ll check what to do about this with Andy and get back to you. :+1:
  • EA_Andy
    Will look into the posting issues today. Bear with me and I'll get back to you later.
  • Alemas_2012
    15142 posts World Class
    So now they've got themselves a cheap justification for moving the lounges.
    If they didn't move them, then anyone who didn't bother with FIFA 18 or 19 (and there are a few) wouldn't have been able to post in them...
  • EA_Andy
    So now they've got themselves a cheap justification for moving the lounges.
    If they didn't move them, then anyone who didn't bother with FIFA 18 or 19 (and there are a few) wouldn't have been able to post in them...

The lounges were moved because they are about real football not FIFA for the most part. It also makes them easier to find if you haven't bookmarked them.

It has nothing to do with yesterdays change.
  • Azof
    16350 posts World Class
    tl;dr so sorry if this has been suggested/discussed

could the whole OT section just be merged into one? Are three separate sections really needed
  • EA_Andy
    Azof wrote: »

could the whole OT section just be merged into one? Are three separate sections really needed

That has been suggested, I'm going to look into it. Probably same for RF.
  • EA_Andy
    @VanBasten12 - I don't really want to get into scripts and leaving posts up for x amount of time before closing / moving or similar.

But we could put up a sticky specifically titled off-topic threads with a direct link to the off-topic forum?
  • Azof
    16350 posts World Class
    Azof wrote: »

That has been suggested, I'm going to look into it. Probably same for RF.

ta
  • ITSSPENO
    edited January 30
    @VanBasten12 - I don't really want to get into scripts and leaving posts up for x amount of time before closing / moving or similar.

But we could put up a sticky specifically titled off-topic threads with a direct link to the off-topic forum?

@EA_Andy
    What if we had an OT sub section inside the XBCC/PS4 etc?

That way we can still talk about stuff inside our console communities?
  • VanBasten12

@EA_Andy

I'd agree with @ITSSPENO, @EA_Andy … I think the challenge is that people don't always read the "major announcements" and generally browse the place they're in.

I think I'd be the same as many others, where we don't want to venture out of what we are used to. There are many regulars that are still in XBCC even though moved onto PS. Also, I can't even remember the last time I went to GD.
  • Fab
    17513 posts World Class

@EA_Andy

I'd agree with @ITSSPENO, @EA_Andy … I think the challenge is that people don't always read the "major announcements" and generally browse the place they're in.

I think I'd be the same as many others, where we don't want to venture out of what we are used to. There are many regulars that are still in XBCC even though moved onto PS. Also, I can't even remember the last time I went to GD.

You should go to gd mate it's comedy gold